Nurburgring Oct. 20-21-22 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
International Events Events from around the globe

Peter K

Nurburgring Oct. 20-21-22

One trip just ended, already desperately looking at how to work myself back there..

Ronnie is planning on going back Oct. 20-21-22, and I have to say the opening times looks very attractive.

Am really tempted to try and se if it could be possible to squeeze one last tip out before the season ends.

Saturday Oct. 20: TF 13:30 - 18:30

Sunday Oct. 21: TF 08:00-18:00

Monday Oct. 22: TF 13:00-18:30

Of course the big question is the weather.. I was thinking of a strategy where i plan to take the days of irregardless, but only drive down if the weather looks resonably dry. I know we always say that the weather is very unpredictable there, but to be honest the www.wetter.de forecasts have been pretty much spot on the last times i've been there, so I feel they are to be counted on. If the forecasts predicts a lot of rain, i think I would prefer to cancel and do some work at the house. Wet laps are ok, but this last trip also proved that rain equals a lot of closures.

This time i would drive down friday evening, spend Saturday morning sleeping in, change tires(maybe) and get the car ready etc...Again stay untill Tuesday morning.

Anyone else thinking they could be intersted?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

Re: Nurburgring Oct. 20-21-22

I would love to be considering it, but alas there is no way

There is still an outside chance that I will make the midweek trip on 9th and 10th October, where the hours are Tue 17 - 19 and Wed 9 - 19. Only if I get the BBK fitted by then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter K View Post
One trip just ended, already desperately looking at how to work myself back there..

Ronnie is planning on going back Oct. 20-21-22, and I have to say the opening times looks very attractive.

Am really tempted to try and se if it could be possible to squeeze one last tip out before the season ends.

Saturday Oct. 20: TF 13:30 - 18:30

Sunday Oct. 21: TF 08:00-18:00

Monday Oct. 22: TF 13:00-18:30

Of course the big question is the weather.. I was thinking of a strategy where i plan to take the days of irregardless, but only drive down if the weather looks resonably dry. I know we always say that the weather is very unpredictable there, but to be honest the www.wetter.de forecasts have been pretty much spot on the last times i've been there, so I feel they are to be counted on. If the forecasts predicts a lot of rain, i think I would prefer to cancel and do some work at the house. Wet laps are ok, but this last trip also proved that rain equals a lot of closures.

This time i would drive down friday evening, spend Saturday morning sleeping in, change tires(maybe) and get the car ready etc...Again stay untill Tuesday morning.

Anyone else thinking they could be intersted?
EddieGTA

I too would love to come along, but sadly have a credit card that needs beating down somewhat

AO Member

County: Noord Brabant

Member car:

147 GTA

You can count me in Peter.

Even driving in the rain is very helpfull (ofcourse without the R888 tyres, and pref. tyres with some profile on them) because there's less traffic. You go round at a much lower speed so you can practice lines etc.

Best learning moments for me are the numerous laps in the semi-wet with Aernoudt. When (if) it (finally) gets dry you've got some much more feeling with the car.

I'll be there. For sure.

I'll arrive saturday during the day and probably stay untill monday evening. (or tuesday if the weather / driving on monday is perfect)

P.s. Peter, how about Spa Oct. 10th?

Robert Guezen
www.147GTA.nl

147 GTA '03
156 3.0 V6 Q2 Movit (Intrax) Madeno Ringtool

Last edited by guezen; 14-09-07 at 15:52.
Peter K

Sorry to hear V. and Eddie can't make it..

@Robert, Sound great.. Please not that i am still potentially pulling out if the weather really looks really bad.. it's not as much the tires as it is the No-ABS thing thats a worry in the wet..I can't tell you how scary it is to have the car actually speed up when brakes lock.. Thats what actually happens.. You are slowing down for the corner, and all of a sudden it skids and speeds up..

I am trying to find out why the ABS went in the first place...it's a bit of a mystery..With the winter comming up it would be nice to get it going again..I can't make Spa sadly..I am having the seats changed around Okt. 8th and the guy needs the car for a week to make the carpeting in the back...

Anyone got good advice which harness to pick? I am putting in a pair of these babies. (my ass fits.. its tested! )

Also looking for fire extinguisher holder and helmet holder..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pole_position_features.jpg (46.4 KB, 25 views)

AO Member

Member car:

75 3.0

Sadly it is highly unlikely that I will be there again this year. Have fun if you go, and I'll look forward to sampling your new upgrades in the spring.

Joel.
AO Member

Member car:

147 GTA

Quote:
@Robert, Sound great.. Please not that i am still potentially pulling out if the weather really looks really bad..
I know Peter and you are very wise to do so. Let's hope for a nice and mild autumn then. Would love to meet up again over there.

Went back to the ring yesterday. Arrived at 17.00 to watch the last action of the VLN 6h race. Met up with Steve (Scuderia) to have diner, so we ordered the "piece of meat on a hot stone" at Pistenklaus. After that a few beers in the Dorint bar where we stumbled upon two norwegians that were in you're scuderia group last May. The one with the black Porsche with red wheels. you probably remember them. Nice guys.

Arrived in Kottenborn around 23.30, bit of sleep, shower at 06.45, breakfast at 7 and after a refill for the 156, went on track around 08.05 at Breidscheid.

5,5 wonderfull laps. Sunny, dry, not to warm yet. And best of all, relatively quiet on track.

The last lap I made a 4 wheel drift coming into Hatzenbach. Oilspill from an ancient Porsche 911. Oil makes braking really tricky. Ofcourse, track closed for almost two hours. Probably several people didn't make it past Hatzenbach without hitting something.

Did my last lap (just after it reopened) around 12.00 with Steve as a pax. He scored my Pflanzgarten a "1". The rest was OK but could do with some Scuderia fine-tuning (mostly turning in to early, so I loose exit speed). He was very surprised about the 156 though. Want's me to take next years course and he even thinks I could make winnersgroup in it. In a 156.

And get this, he asked if it's for rent for his own Scuderia course, if I won't enter that is. Of all things......

Went home after that. It was to busy although the weather was great.

156 was perfect. Brakepads DS2500 are almost worn. Michelins work well on the back. Goodyears on the front aren't grippy enough, lots of understeer. I'm thinking of getting 2 PZero Nero's for the front with GY Eagle at the back. Perfect wet and dry weather compromise.

All in all, I had fun for even a short trip.

I'll be back soon.
AO Silver Member

County: Derbyshire

Member car:

159 Ti

just out of interest, what sort of lap times are you chaps acheiving?
would slicks be out of the question this time of year over there?
Peter K

My own and most of the pax laps i do with "Ring buddies" are faster then almost everyone we meet on track. Yet the laptimes we get are slower then what other people publish on various forums.... read into that what you want...

@Robert.. did you get my email?

AO Member

Member car:

147 GTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasons View Post
just out of interest, what sort of lap times are you chaps acheiving?
would slicks be out of the question this time of year over there?
Slicks are out of the question no matter what time of year. Ring is public road so only road-legal tyres are allowed. (unless it's a closed event)

So during TF, no slicks !!!

I never time my laps unless I have the video running. Then I can calculate the time at home. Mostly around 9.00 - 9.15. The chance of getting a clean traffic free lap are slim and it's not a race so I don't really care. Just have fun and get back safe.

@Peter: I got it.
Peter K

@Robert

My fav vid for the moment is the one where you drive behind LH in the 147..thats pretty quick! so I can only imagine what times you must be doing in the 156 on a day with light traffic!

AO Member

Member car:

156 sportwagon

Hello guys,
slight thread hijack maybe, but is this likely to be the last visit of the year?

I have time off in mid November.......
AO Member

County: Gelderland
Thumbs Up Re: Nurburgring Oct. 20-21-22

That week-end is currently in the planning to go too

(Multiple nice videos available on the YouTube page of "Guexgta" (Robert (Guezen) YouTube page))
Peter K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
That week-end is currently in the planning to go too

(Multiple nice videos available on the YouTube page of "Guexgta" (Robert (Guezen) YouTube page))

Hey LH! good to hear from you.. I heard we had lost you to the Sea..

Any idea what you will be driving? avatar shows a mean 155,(or is it a 75?) so that looks promising!

Peter K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpy Guy View Post
Hello guys,
slight thread hijack maybe, but is this likely to be the last visit of the year?

I have time off in mid November.......

Hi JG!

Mid november is probably a bit late in the season...But you never know..us addicts tend to start planning the next trip soon after we come back..

AO Member

Quote:
Hi JG!

Mid november is probably a bit late in the season...But you never know..us addicts tend to start planning the next trip soon after we come back..
Mid November is great: very calm on the track, as usually the weather is not promissing for most drivers Also: most Germans have their cars on a so called 6-months road tax, which means they are not driving too.
For people like me: fantastic I want to drive, not stand still, or drive slow, in a traffic jam

I will be with my BMW e34 Nurburgring Edition.

Sometimes you need to re-think some stuff, which could still mean I will loose myself, but not to the sea

Last edited by Lionheart; 12-10-07 at 05:40.
AO Member

Member car:

147 GTA

Quote:
Hey LH! good to hear from you.. I heard we had lost you to the Sea..

He's on his way back. It's an Alfa again and he's going to the ring with it. If nothing else, it's good for the in-car conversations.
AO Member

Member car:

156 sportwagon

ahhh, so maybe there is hope for november!!
Cool, would be good to see if the Black Rat is any better with the basic mods i've done...
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guezen View Post

He's on his way back. It's an Alfa again and he's going to the ring with it. If nothing else, it's good for the in-car conversations.
Or: in Kottenborn (at least I can hear it then )
Peter K

Good to hear you are back in a proper car LH

Already starting to get Withdrawal symptoms.. I need a Ring-fix soon!

Peter K

Crap... 8 weeks delivery on those seats i ordered!! that's brutal..

@Robert, LH.. any good alternatives out there? I think i want to cancel the Recaro's then..TB mentioned Corbeau seats, but which model?

Unregistered

Peter,
I've tried all 3 makes in various tuned cars that I've owned. Don't know what size your frame is but the best results that I've had was with Cobra's. Try the Imola, carbon fiber backed, good value & as good if not better than the equivalent Recaro.
Try Willan's 4 point harness. Used them in my E36 M3 Turbo & in my GTV V6 twin turbo track car.
Ciao,
Monstro
AO Member

Member car:

147 GTA

Quote:
@Robert, LH.. any good alternatives out there? I think i want to cancel the Recaro's then..TB mentioned Corbeau seats, but which model?
Although I'm not physically forced to use the Sabelt Racer Duo seats, I like the extra room they give. Especially on long drives to and from the ring. LH needed them to fit in, and I'm guessing you could also use some extra space.

Have you tried:
www.biesheuvel.nl
www.dutchpowertrading.nl

LH is in Berlin this weekend. He will react monday I think.
AO Member

Hi Peter, as we are both not the 'smallest' of kind, the Sabelt Racer Duo seats are definately form the money/value perspective, the best seats for you to buy in my opinion (have tried quite a few the past years ). Dutch Power trading is a nice company, very friendly guy (Raymond Peters; the owner), (only about 10KM from my house actually !) who supplies them (and usually always has them in stock. If you give Raymond a call, send him my regards; if needed I can take them to the Ring for you. ( www.dutchpowertrading.nl )

Advantage of this seat: both side and bottom fixation possible !

* "So what other gadgets do diesel cars have apart from the automatic, James-Bond-style, smoke screen?" Nev *
* www.sx200.nl * > 10.000 miles on the Nurburgring Nordschleife (and counting ) *
Peter K

Thanks for all the advice! and thanks a million for the kind offer LH... I just might take you up on that.. I'll give Dutch Power a call this week..

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > International Lounges > World Alfa Clubs, Communities & Events > International Events

Tags
nurburgring , oct

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page