Spettacolo Sportivo 2007 August 25th/26th - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
International Events Events from around the globe

(Post Link) post #1 of 9 Old 09-07-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Spettacolo Sportivo 2007 August 25th/26th

The Dutch Alfa Romeo Owners Club SCARB proudly presents its all new website dedicated to our annual club weekend, called the Spettacolo Sportivo Alfa Romeo.

The event will be held August 25th/26th at the Assen motorsports track, famous for the motorbike GP "TT", the Superbikes and the Champcar races.

Check www.spettacolosportivo.eu for all the details, all infomation available in no less than seven languages: dutch, english, german, french, danish, spanish and of course italian!

If anyone is interested in coming to this spectacular event with races, concours d'elegance, spare parts market, driving improvement and anti skid courses and a lot more, it's good to know you can register on line now.

Thinking about coming to the Netherlands and member of the AROC UK? You might want to join a lot of other UK Alfisti, contact Nick Clancy (West Midlands section) for more details.

Regards,
Hans van Leeuwen
Events Committee SCARB

Owning a Spider 2000 Veloce (1981), babysitting an Alfasud 1.3 SC (1984)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: -
Re: Spettacolo Sportivo 2007 August 25th/26th

Hopefully see you there, look like a good event!!
AO Platinum Member

County: Durham

Member car:

I cant make this 1 as i am on holiday then
Peter K

Sorry, but after last year I won't be back. Hoping this years event will improve, and if I hear good things, I'll be back for 2008.

AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter K View Post
Sorry, but after last year I won't be back. Hoping this years event will improve, and if I hear good things, I'll be back for 2008.

What were the problems last year?
Peter K

Long queues to pay a fortune (with Vouchers!) for varm stale beverages served in a plastic cup and gross food too boot. That is if it wasn't sold out. When you are there 10-12 hrs a day two full days it becomes quite an issue.

Also i paid a fortune (150 euro) to drive on the track when i reality I got 25 mins worth of tracktime. And the entire course instruction was held in Dutch... it was just being left with a clear feeling of being rippped off..Some from Scarb blaimed the Zaandwort people but i dunno...When you compare to an event like Spa Italia it's just clear how you can to do that sort of thing, and having whats basically a monopoly on food and beverages is just not the way to do it. Without competition Price , quality and variation takes a massive turn for the worse...Just the idea of that stale coke and greasy dry sandwitches is enough to keep me away, and unfortunately you still can't (AFAIK) buy an entrance ticket without also having to pay for food and beverage Vouchers..

I'm sure for the Dutch visitors just popping in for a few hours it's not a big issue with the food, but for us setting aside an entire weekend, drving a long way and spending the entire days there, it needs to be improved on the above mentioned issues before i go back..

Last edited by Peter K; 22-07-07 at 21:43.

AO Member

Hope these things will get sorted AS I HAVE JUST BOOKED Motel Assen for three nights! Expecting to have a great time in Assen but not racing...only driving for fun on the circuit.

(Post Link) post #8 of 9 Old 24-07-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Some from Scarb blaimed the Zaandwort people but i dunno...When you compare to an event like Spa Italia it's just clear how you can to do that sort of thing, and having whats basically a monopoly on food and beverages is just not the way to do it. Without competition Price , quality and variation takes a massive turn for the worse...Just the idea of that stale coke and greasy dry sandwitches is enough to keep me away
Sorry, it's quite the opposite. The Circuit Park Zandvoort and its contractors have a 'monopoly' for selling food and beverages. The SCARB is by exception allowed to sell some sandwiches and drinks to its members and guests, but not to run a restaurant.

It seems you missed Mickey's bar at the north end of pitboxes (near the Tarzanbocht) and the snack boot near the tunnel.

At Assen the circuit restaurant (self service) will be open.

Quote:
and unfortunately you still can't (AFAIK) buy an entrance ticket without also having to pay for food and beverage Vouchers..
Untrue. There was and is no linked selling.

Like last year members of foreign Alfa clubs get a 50% discount on the entrance ticket if they show their membership card.
(Post Link) post #9 of 9 Old 27-08-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Loads of pics from individual users to be found through this index (updated regularly).

We had guests from all over Europe (below). The Italian licenseplate is fake but two cars with plates from Luxemburg and Poland unfortunately escaped me.

Other foreign guests flew in from Spain and the US.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > International Lounges > World Alfa Clubs, Communities & Events > International Events

Tags
2007 , 25th or 26th , august , spettacolo , sportivo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page