next nurburgring trip? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
International Events Events from around the globe

(Post Link) post #1 of 45 Old 03-10-06 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

hairdressers car

next nurburgring trip?

i thought i would throw this up in the air nice and early.....

after the may bank holiday jaunt last year i thought i may try and take over TB's rein's and organise another one if there was any interest

appreciated i am not an AO'er in the 'ownership' sense but any positive thoughts about when or who....

could be a very, very lonely thread this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

Member car:

Series III

Re: next nurburgring trip?

Always up for a trip to the Ardennes. It would be impolite not to take advantage of the German hospitality.

Are you thinking of a batchelor do, or are WAGS invited?
(Post Link) post #3 of 45 Old 03-10-06 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

hairdressers car

open really, i have 2 kids to accomodate, but i am sure if i invited my partner sh'ed jump at the idea, as long as she didn't have to go to the track!!!
AO Member

Member car:

Series III

Went last year in my old car, and Mrs Araf was not happy about looking out of her window at concrete and grass on the Karoussell, so your's wouldn't be alone in that sentiment.

I don't have the 'children' problem anymore. Daughters are 23 and 20, so they can fend for themselves.

I've got the thread subscribed, so I'll keep an eye on it.
AO Silver Member

County: Wiltshire

I'd go again for sure, as for time dunno, we seemed to have the perfect sort of time last year, questionable weather keeping people away so it was non too busy but the trip could coincide with the guys doing the training if there are any public days around that time?
AO Silver Member

County: -

Member car:

156 GTA

As I remember the public day calender comes out fairly early in the new year.
I imagine you would be able to draw some conclusions from last years one though.

I remeber Jochens sage advice that you can't plan for the weather
Boy was he right, but it it didn't get in the way of a good time,
and those snow laps were unforgettably special

I would like to go again next year, but will give the training a miss since I will be on a sabattical from work and it might be a tad indulgent.

We had a damn good time the last trip, we will have to pull out all the stops on this one!

Now where did I put Edwards address..

Cheers,
TB

I'm not a doctor - but I really do recommend braking later
AO Silver Member
Classic Alfas Lounge Winner 09

Matt,

I think you'll find that the list of Touristenfahrten days is only finalised during February. Until then, you may need to pencil in a couple of possible weekends.

I'll be back at the begining of May, hopefully on the UK Bank Holiday again.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailbraker
As I remember the public day calender comes out fairly early in the new year.
Snap.
Quote:
I remeber Jochens sage advice that you can't plan for the weather
Boy was he right, but it it didn't get in the way of a good time,
and those snow laps were unforgettably special
I've done three visits at that time of year and last May's trip was the worst for weather, so far.
(Post Link) post #9 of 45 Old 03-10-06 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

hairdressers car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plastic Pig
Matt,

I think you'll find that the list of Touristenfahrten days is only finalised during February. Until then, you may need to pencil in a couple of possible weekends.

I'll be back at the begining of May, hopefully on the UK Bank Holiday again.
cheers bill

i have gleamed all of TB's fine work from earlier this year and stored that info somewhere safe

thought with the winter months nearly upon us its a good time to put a plan into action

i assume when you say you'll be back beginning of may you mean 'the ring' and not 'this thread'
(Post Link) post #10 of 45 Old 03-10-06 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

hairdressers car

Quote:
Boy was he right, but it it didn't get in the way of a good time, and those snow laps were unforgettably special
i had a great time and i don't car one jot if it snows, infact here hoping it does - nothing like 4wd assistance!

Quote:
I would like to go again next year, but will give the training a miss since I will be on a sabattical from work and it might be a tad indulgent.
i just couldn't afford it

Quote:
We had a damn good time the last trip, we will have to pull out all the stops on this one!
might not have the car, but i have the pics

Quote:
Now where did I put Edwards address..
and he's boots!!!
AO Member

Member car:

TVR Chimaera 400

Great, I'm up for it if you can get me dates/prices.
Thanks
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattireland
i assume when you say you'll be back beginning of may you mean 'the ring' and not 'this thread'
Correct. ...and there should be quite a group of us going. Maybe we call all hook up for a few Bitburgs.
AO Member

County: Noord Brabant

Member car:

147 GTA

Quote:
appreciated i am not an AO'er in the 'ownership' sense but any positive thoughts about when or who....

could be a very, very lonely thread this
Hi Matt,

Even a BMW (or Scoob at the moment) owner with your sense of humor is welcome. Really enjoyed your company last april.

Any day that you guys pick for 2007, I'll make damn sure I'm there.

Just send me a PM if there's anything I can do....
AO Member

Member car:

147 GTA

Quote:
and he's boots!!!
Edward's boots are still with me in The Netherlands (just the right size). I sent him a parcel with just a pair of bricks.
AO Silver Member

Late spotting this, but definitely count me in.

If the trip can can somehow be linked to the Scuderia training then so much the better. I guess we will not know until the calendar comes out.
Peter K

Agree with Vamos.. would be ideal if the trip could be linked to the Training.

The Training is from wednesday may 9 - saturday may 12 plus a party Saturday night. (preliminary dates have just been released)

I would expect the Track to be open Sunday may 13 and the days after that. But of course you never know until they release the schedule.

Given all the accident related Track closures during weekends, and the fact that many of you guys are driving a very long way to get there, then perhaps taking a few days off work to do it weekdays makes sense?

EddieGTA

I AM THERE!!!

I wanted to go last may but missed out as I did the dumb thing of quiting my job and taking erm.. 6 months out.

I will make sure I have the funds available, but can anyone give a rough estimate of how much the last excursion cost?

Peter K

If you guys would be interested, then i could take the reigns on this trip. Not that Matt would not do an excellent job, but as some of you know, I am already involved with organizing Trackday events www.trackdayklub.dk Am curently working with organizing two other Group Tours to the Ring. So much of what is needed to organize a trip like this is already put in system. Organizing this trip would not not be profit oriented business for me. We'll keep the books open.

I thought we could build on last years success, adding things like Car stickers, photography and Tour wear? Maybe even a Plaque?

Last edited by Peter K; 08-10-06 at 11:53.

AO Member

Member car:

147 GTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter K
Agree with Vamos.. would be ideal if the trip could be linked to the Training.

The Training is from wednesday may 9 - saturday may 12 plus a party Saturday night. (preliminary dates have just been released)

I would expect the Track to be open Sunday may 13 and the days after that. But of course you never know until they release the schedule.
Normally the track is open for touristenfahrt on the first wednesday of a Scuderia training (I was there on a wednesday in May 2006). Scuderia trainees get free access, others have to pay as normal. So we could start the meeting from that day.

On thursday and friday you could watch (or join) the scuderia training. And if not, there's plenty to do in the area.

Saturday is usually for the "abschlubprufung" (nice to watch) and after that perhaps a couple of hours free driving.

From sundaymorning it's touristenfahrt as usual.

So we could make it a "join when you want" meeting starting wednseday.

Robert Guezen
www.147GTA.nl

147 GTA '03
156 3.0 V6 Q2 Movit (Intrax) Madeno Ringtool
Peter K

Well..It's pratical to combine it in many ways, but seen from my own point of view, then I would want to focus 100% on the Training.

Having that final exam hanging over my head is probably going to leave me pretty "one track minded" So i doubt i would have the capacity to relax and have fun with you guys.

I also think that the Track should be open full days or at least half days while people from far away as the UK/Ireland is there.

AO Member

Member car:

147 GTA

Quote:
Well..It's pratical to combine it in many ways, but seen from my own point of view, then I would want to focus 100% on the Training.

Having that final exam hanging over my head is probably going to leave me pretty "one track minded" So i doubt i would have the capacity to relax and have fun with you guys.

I also think that the Track should be open full days or at least half days while people from far away as the UK/Ireland is there.
Two good points Peter.
(Post Link) post #22 of 45 Old 08-10-06 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

hairdressers car

good to see there is some interest.

for those of us uk/ireland based we travelled from dover, some of us took the ferry (£60rtn) some the train (delayed and £100+ )

we met the night before at the travelodge ashford which was £45 for the night.

the rooms were about €80 a night per room

so include petrol and a few nights out (Trailbraker and Sandys are beer monsters!!)

EDDIEGTA - should give you a rough idea of price.

PETERK - if your willing to arrange / assist in the mainland europe side of this fire away, you know more than me
(Post Link) post #23 of 45 Old 08-10-06 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

hairdressers car

Thumbs Up Re: next nurburgring trip?

Quote:
If you guys would be interested, then i could take the reigns on this trip. Not that Matt would not do an excellent job, but as some of you know, I am already involved with organizing Trackday events www.trackdayklub.dk Am curently working with organizing two other Group Tours to the Ring. So much of what is needed to organize a trip like this is already put in system. Organizing this trip would not not be profit oriented business for me. We'll keep the books open.

I thought we could build on last years success, adding things like Car stickers, photography and Tour wear? Maybe even a Plaque?
peter you seem to be a man with a plan! and i agree with all of the above
Peter K

@Matt:

Absolutely:

You sort out transport and I'll sort things out for us on location.

As mentioned to you in PM, I would suggest that we stay in Nurburg village this time.

----------------------

For those of you who was on last years trip, Nurburg Village is about 2 min further down the road from the entrance to the Track.

The thing about Nurburg Village, is that it can be hard to get accomodation unless you book very early.

Vamos and I will be staying at Hotel Am Tiergarten may 8-13. We booked two single rooms at a cost of 75,00 Euro per room per night, which is a very resonable rate for the area. Hotel Am Tiergarten

The Hotel does offer discounts for groups, so I would assume costs can only go down from 75,00 Euro.

The hotel is very popular with Ringers, partly beause the Ringer favorite bar and restaurant Pistenklause is located below the hotel, and partly because the Hotel like Pistenklause is run by the Family of Sabine Schmitz.

Photo was taken at Pistenklause earlier this year. Not often you get your Beer served by a living legend!

Last edited by Peter K; 25-04-07 at 15:05.

(Post Link) post #25 of 45 Old 08-10-06 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

hairdressers car

cheer peter,

what i will do is start another thread to get names and numbers and explain that the earlier confirm booking the hotel the better, which will hopefully get us

a) all in the same place, and
b) a discount?!?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > International Lounges > World Alfa Clubs, Communities & Events > International Events

Tags
nurburgring , trip

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page