Ring Driver Training Spring 2007 - Scuderia Hanseat - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
International Events Events from around the globe

Peter K

Ring Driver Training Spring 2007 - Scuderia Hanseat

During a trip to the Ring, i got a chance to talk to several former participants of this Legendary Drivers Course. http://www.scuderia-hanseat.de/scude...ia-Hanseat.htm

They had nothing but good things to say, and after some carefull deliberation(other word for permission from the wife ) I have decided to enter the 2007 Spring Course.

I realise it is quite a big expense, hence the early date for starting this thread. Hopefully it should give potential participants time enough for planning. Especially on the financial side, as a total cost of £1500-1800 is probably pretty accuate. Today I started a seperate account where i will be depositing £100/month until May 2007.

I am hoping there might be other AO'ers out there, with an interest to join?

As i have been told, the free slots are quickly filled, so an early as possible registration is advisable, if not required. There is an advance joining fee of 300 Euro, which is part of the overall package price of 1.700 Euro. This advance fee is fully refundable for a four week period after the final date for the Course has been set. This is expected to occour around the end of the year. You can in other words register now, and still get all your money back untill around end jan. 2007.

Any former participants please feel free to share your experiences here. It would be grately appreciated. This also goes for anyone who feels they can contribute with relevant information good or bad that might help people decide if this would be worth the investment..

****************LATEST NEWS**********************

The Dates have now been released. The Course will take place May 9-12.

Hotel Booked at Hotel Am Tiergarten http://www.am-tiergarten.de/

- Vamos - Confirmed & Booked
- Peter K - Confirmed & Booked

NOTE: Please contact me at [email protected] for any futher details. This thread is no longer active.

Last edited by Peter K; 25-10-06 at 00:11.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

Re: Scuderia Hanseat Spring 2007

Looks great. Does the fee include NS lap fees? Because if yes, then it is a really good deal (annual ticket is cca 600 euros).

I will do some "careful deliberation" myself.
Peter K

Yes you get a pass to drive for free during the course. Not 100% sure how it works though.

I know the Course has exclusive access to the track. They devide the track into 9 sections, and practise each section in groups of 14-15 cars. When not doing this, i guess after 18:00 hrs, and during lunch break,there is free access to the entire track for participants. What i am not quite sure about, is if the track is open for the public during this time, or again exclusively for the Course participants.

You also practise the South Schleife(GP track) and from what i heard, it is a great time to go mad without the risk of hitting anything or anyone. I heard you really get to know your cars limits during the time there.

The Course certainly is the ultimate when it comes to Racing Courses, and the fact that 3/4 of participants in each course is repeat customers, shows that people find it worth the time, money and effort. The guys i spoke to, had been there several times. One of them more then 10 times!

AO Silver Member

Below is the 2006 program. It looks great, 4 days of solid driving, with tons of free driving between the training sessions. Bet you will need a new set of tyres to go home

Wednesday
09:15 - 20:00 Checking in at our office

10:00 - 18:00 For participants having been with us before: Free driving on the Northern Track of the Nürburgring during public traffic. For beginners: Basic training at the Driving Safety Centre

18:30 Opening address dinner
20:15 Introductory lecture
Thursday08:00 - 12:45 Training on the Nürburgring
up to 14:45 Lunchhour and free driving
14:45 - 18:00 Training on the Nürburgring

18:15 - 20:00 Free driving

Saturday08:00 - 11:15 Training on the Nürburgring
11:45 - 12:45 Free Training for finishing test, Lunchhour
13:20 - 17:00 Finishing test on the Northern track (no timing, assessment of driving style only )

18:45 Cocktail welcome
19:00
Dinner
20:30 Prize-giving for group-winners and all other participants (souvenir cups)
AO Member

County: Noord Brabant

Member car:

147 GTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter K
Yes you get a pass to drive for free during the course. Not 100% sure how it works though.

I know the Course has exclusive access to the track. They devide the track into 9 sections, and practise each section in groups of 14-15 cars. When not doing this, i guess after 18:00 hrs, and during lunch break,there is free access to the entire track for participants. What i am not quite sure about, is if the track is open for the public during this time, or again exclusively for the Course participants.
My visit somewhere in the beginning of May was with the Hanseat drivers going round also. I think it was wednesday May 10th.

The Ring was open for other touristfahrers but the left entrance was reserved for Hanseat drivers. The gate was constantly open and marshalls were directing only the Hanseat drivers to that gate.

So you get at least a day of free driving but WITH other Ring visitors.

Don't know if this was before or after the sessions were you learn the different sections of the Ring?

I saw many instructors going with students on tandem laps also.

Don't know if it's something for me though. Price is a bit steep and taking the days of from work, difficult. To early to tell at this moment, and by the time I know, all the places are booked. So I don't think I can join. Ofcourse I could pay a visit on the touristfahrers day.

Robert Guezen
www.147GTA.nl

147 GTA '03
156 3.0 V6 Q2 Movit (Intrax) Madeno Ringtool
AO Silver Member

The way it is structured you get a day of free driving with other visitors on day of arrival (Wednesday), then Thursday and Friday are full training days, with lunch (2hrs) and evening (2hrs) free driving on the Ring, with ONLY the SH participants. I.e. no bikes, no buses, no congestion, no crashes?? Sounds like heaven. Then on Saturday training and final test, but also a hour of free driving. If ever there will be a good time to improve your lap time, this will be it. Imagine how focused you will be after three and a half days of non-stop driving and learning the Ring. Plus the GP circuit access.

I have done some careful delibaretion now, and am a hair's breath from getting permiss... uh, I mean deciding.

Peter, have you booked already? Are you going to take the Dorint they are offering, or will you book somewhere else. I was thinking a nice B&B in Nurburg, so it is not too far from the social side of things.
Peter K

Hi Vamos,

Good thinking ahead on your part. The Dorint seems a a little expensive, so indeed i was planning to stay in a BB right down the road.(3min walk) I just stayed in it last week, and i have contact to the Danish Alfa Club coordinator, who i am sure can put me in touch with the lady who owns the BB for resonable rates. (embarrased to say that i dont remember the name of the place!)
Actually a few of the Danish guys staying at the BB when i was there, had also stayed there during the Course, so it is not uncommon for course participants to stay elswhere then the Dorint.

During my last ring trip, we paid 40 euro per night including breakfast per person for a double room, or 80 euro for a single room.

I have not booked yet, but i expect i would do so in the next 30-60days.

Some more info i picked up. Just to explain how the training is done. Since the track is closed exclusively for the Course, you practice one section over and over again, actually back tracking to the start of the section when everyone in the group have driven it. Along the section is placed several instructors, who makes notes on how you perform, and gives you direct feedback. It really sounds like a very good way to learn about the track in detail.

Last edited by Peter K; 01-06-06 at 17:18.

AO Silver Member

Have you booked yet Peter?

I have decided to definitely go for it, although I will probably take the Scooby. Should be fun though.
Peter K

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos
Have you booked yet Peter?

I have decided to definitely go for it, although I will probably take the Scooby. Should be fun though.

Great! I've not yet booked, how about i give them a call or go by their office in Hamburg next week. Should mean i have some more info by then

Congrats on choosing the Scooby BTW, very cool car!

AO Silver Member

Perfect. Let me know what you learn.
Peter K

Hi Vamos,

Met this guy yesterday at our Trackday. Not surprisingly he is one of the persons behind Scuderia Hanseat

I am telling you that guy could DRIVE!!

Anyway, he mentioned there would be a "Danish" group so I am looking into how this works. If the instructors all teach in English, would you mind joining this group?

Last edited by Peter K; 25-04-07 at 15:05.

AO Silver Member

I have no problem with that. What sort of dates are we looking at?
Peter K

Its in early may. no final date yet.

Did you notice the guys Tatoo? The Ring is tatooed next to his heart. *grins* That must the mark of a true Enthusiast!

AO Silver Member

Yeah I saw that

I guess the place has that kind of effect on people. May is good for me, so I am happy to go with the flow on this and if you are going to be going with a group a I am happy to tag along. Just let me know what I need to do in terms of reserving etc.
Peter K

I suspect the Course leaders look at both Nationality, car and experience when they form the groups. I will try and get some more info on what they weigh most. I know f.ex that there is a Swedish group each year on the Sept. course, where nearly all of them drive Porsches. I can see that sort of thing adds an extra dimenson, but in a way i prefer diversity.

In any case i thnk we should make a note in our entry form, that we want to be in the same group.

AO Silver Member

Just to clarify. Should I make a reservation now, and then fill out entry form, with instructions from you, or should I hold fast and wait for instruction first?
AO Silver Member

County: -

Member car:

156 GTA

Very interesting..
Very Interesting..
VERY INTERESTING!

mutter mutter.. .. goes off to do some sums

Hmm I defintely am interested in doing a more focused Ring session, its a long drive for me so getting full value out of driving over there once I have arrived is essential.

This would sem to fit the bill

I guess the question is whether I would rather do this than something
like a fully reserved 3 days "closed track day" at the ring.

I'm very tempted, but obviously will have to do some more research on this.

Cheers,
TB
Peter K

Great news TB! Keeping my fingers crossed your sums add up

@Vamos,

I say we register now? Better to be safe then sorry,and I am positive we can always change groups after we are in the system.

Who knows, maybe it would be possible to place the AO Ring trip right after the Course? Obviously we don't have the dates of the course yet, or the Ring schedule, but it might make sense.

AO Silver Member

Member car:

156 GTA

BTW I almost missed this thread, while obviously technically correct I had no idea the thread title related to Ring training!
Lucky I clicked on it by accident
Peter K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailbraker
BTW I almost missed this thread, while obviously technically correct I had no idea the thread title related to Ring training!
Lucky I clicked on it by accident
Oh..Good point actually! The name doesn't make you think of the Ring in any way.

Boring Trivia: "Hanseat" refers to Hamburg. Technically i think Hamburg, Bremen and Lubeck is the 3 Hansea cities, but for some reason you mostly see the Hanseat references around Hamburg. It's also a quite tasty cookie BTW

I guess the founders meant it to mean "Team Hamburg"

AO Silver Member

County: Wiltshire

I could be interested in some intensive ring training, sounds like this could be a good way to do it, learning each of the corners again and again, I might be able to remember it slightly better that way Not sure how I missed this.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

156 GTA

Peter - you will have to bring some of those cookies along

Am I correct in saying our cars are fully insured for accident damage as part of the price?
It certainly looks like it from the website - This makes the price pretty competitive then!

Assuming people are grouped by common languages, (surely is the case) I think its very likely that I will be going.

I was previously considering researching going on a similar BMW driver Ring training course which allows some guest cars from other marques, but this course looks better, and I would prefer instructors who had experience of teaching folk in wildly diverse cars

Hmm should we maybe request a mod to change the title to
Ring Driver Training Spring 2007 - Scuderia Hanseat?
You know if two eager beavers like myself and Sandys missed this others must have too!

Cheers,
TB

I'm not a doctor - but I really do recommend braking later
Peter K

Things are looking better and better! Sandys and TB joinng!

Good idea with the title, will ask Hans to change it.

Re: Insurance you are correct there is additional insurance included, but you have to show proof of insurance on your car.

I think the term for the type of insurance they want to see proof of, is "2nd party liability insurance"? Meaning coverage of others if you hit them. (Legal requirement in most Countries to drive on the streets) I am almost sure we all have this or better? I have full collision too

Last edited by Peter K; 31-07-06 at 08:45.

AO Silver Member

Re: Ring Driver Training Spring 2007 - Scuderia Hanseat

Fantastic to see AO ringers rallying to the cause

@Peter

I will definitely make my reservation this week.
Peter K

Re: Ring Driver Training Spring 2007 - Scuderia Hanseat

Ok i got some news:

Firstly i completed and faxed the registration form today plus 300 Euro deposited to their account.

I called and asked if they had a date yet. The reply was, that they will not know the exact dates untill the race schedules are out. They expect to know by the end of the year.

They did however say that it would be either last week of April or first week of May.

When the dates are final, they will inform the participants who have registered (which means completing the form AND deposited the 300€) You then have a four week period to find out if you can go or not. If you can't, then you will get your full deposit back. So this means that you do not have any chance of loosing your deposit if it turns out you can't join after all.

On the form , i noted that i was part of the group from Alfaowner, and asked to be placed in same group for the course.

Feels great to have completed the Registration! More exited about this, then I ever was when we booked a Holiday!

Last edited by Peter K; 31-07-06 at 08:50.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > International Lounges > World Alfa Clubs, Communities & Events > International Events

Tags
2007 , driver , hanseat , ring , scuderia , spring , training

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page