Auto Italia car show Brooklands Sat 29th April - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
International Events Events from around the globe

Holeshot

Looky Looky Auto Italia car show Brooklands Sat 29th April

Auto Italia car show A fantastic day with entry for £9 to all Italian cars. All Italian cars are in the show from Fiat to Ferrari.

I'm probably going with my son in his Punto as he's a member of the Punto Sports Club (PSC).

Can't see me going in my 147 2.0 as I haven't got one yet but there's still time.

Hope this wasn't posted before, I couldn't find it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

EddieGTA

Re: Auto Italia car show Brooklands Sat 29th April

I was going to be going to the ring trip that weekend but was unemployed until Monday, so I will most likely go along to Brooklands. I have been for about the past 5 years and it is always a good laugh.

Adam

AO Member

Member car:

147 gta

yes hope to be there too

about time i used the car
AO Gold Member

County: Surrey

Member car:

6C 2500

Yep, I'll be there
AO Silver Member

Member car:

147 GTA

what time does it all start?
simons

Just been looking at the Brooklands website looks like a good family day out and as i have my 3 kids this Saturday may be a good excuse to see some nice motors. Wouldnt be able to get there till about 11am tho what time does it all finish normally?

AO Silver Member

Member car:

147 GTA

not sure, I think it finishes when it finishes. 5.30pm I think.

I've been told my clan are going with me, and as I haven't been to Brooklands, I think it will be a good day out.
simons

Cheers Andy!
Weather looks promising kids seem up for it and i need to find something fun to do with them so i take it ill be going. Hope to see a few of the cars from AO there!!

EddieGTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy G
not sure, I think it finishes when it finishes. 5.30pm I think.

I've been told my clan are going with me, and as I haven't been to Brooklands, I think it will be a good day out.
It is always a good day out, museum is very interesting too and they have restored a concorde there now, which was in bits last Sept but is finished now I believe.

After not finding anyone last week other than Jack, look out for GK53 KDV and say hi if you see me

simons

Ive been on the look out for you for the last few weeks but just dont seem to bump into you. After all Dartford is a very small place.....

EddieGTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by simons
Ive been on the look out for you for the last few weeks but just dont seem to bump into you. After all Dartford is a very small place.....
I work in London, and get a lift to the station as I live a couple of mile out of Dartford. Means the car is once again just a weekend toy, but saves me worrying about the car being left all day in a car park. Usually flitting about town at the weekend though so if I ever see a black 156 I will be sure to acknowledge you

simons

Keep an eye out its actually dark blue but looks black. Im based in Crayford and drive the car to work in Dulwich during the week. But spend a lot of time in Dartford/Bluewater etc in hte evening/weekend.

My Plate is W*** XOB (cant remember the rest) and the car looks standard apart from the heavily chipped front bumper!!!

Look forward to seeing you about

Last edited by simons; 27-04-06 at 11:14.

AO Member

If I can convince the other half,will be going,would be nice to meet some of you.
AO Member

County: Peterborough

Hi all

Keep your eyes out at Brooklands for my red 164 Cloverleaf, can't miss it she is rolling on 18" Graphite grey wheels and has Quadrifoglio Verde across the top of the windscreen in the Italian flag colours.

Should be a laugh, just hoping there are a few 131's and 037's.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

147 GTA

I think there will be, Abarth, Ferrari, should be a good day out, plus at the museum there's the Wellington bomber that was retrieved from a Scottish lock, it's being restored there.
AO Member

Member car:

159 2.2 TI

Hi

I should hopefully be coming along on Saturday too, should get there around lunch time

Luckily itís only about 15mins away from home
AO Member

Member car:

156 GTA

I'll be there, car parked with ARDC.
AO Member

Is that the Wellington bomber that they found in Loch Ness and thought it was Nessie a few years back.

Well i guess it will be mind the speed traps along the M25, bound to be every where with that many Italian horses heading in!

C u there
alfa_147_jtd_16v

Surely guys its better for all of us to drive in togther? The MG boys do, so why not us - we might get some publicity out of and and at the very least we can all park next to each other.
What a mess it will be if we all park it different places - no one will know where each others parked.

AO Member

Member car:

156 GTA

If you're coming clockwise round the M25 then you should be okay.
IIRC the cameras start at Junction 10.
I could be wrong, but they're fapping easy to spot.
You can see the cutouts in the overhead signs, and the camera boxes, and you can normally see them in the signs coming the other way, if there's one at the same time, which there normally is.

It's not like they don't stick great big "Speed cameras ahead" signs everywhere.
EddieGTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynesey
Hi all

Keep your eyes out at Brooklands for my red 164 Cloverleaf, can't miss it she is rolling on 18" Graphite grey wheels and has Quadrifoglio Verde across the top of the windscreen in the Italian flag colours.

Should be a laugh, just hoping there are a few 131's and 037's.
Don't recall seeing a 037 before, usually some rare stuff though. First time I went there was a Bugatto EB110 will try and dig the pictures out when I get back.

There is also a rally car day done at castle coombe around august time, not purely Italian but an excellent place to see some rare group B cars. Went in 2003 and there were numerous Metro 6R4's, integrale, Stratos and a road spec S4 to name a few that I remember.

www.rallyday.com definitly worth going if you are a petrol head.

AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieGTA
Don't recall seeing a 037 before, usually some rare stuff though. First time I went there was a Bugatto EB110 will try and dig the pictures out when I get back.

There is also a rally car day done at castle coombe around august time, not purely Italian but an excellent place to see some rare group B cars. Went in 2003 and there were numerous Metro 6R4's, integrale, Stratos and a road spec S4 to name a few that I remember.

www.rallyday.com definitly worth going if you are a petrol head.
Hi Eddie

That is the rally supercar day, if you haven't been it is a superb day out and some of the machinery is awesome.

I just love 037's, there is a red road going on on Ebay at persent, oh to win the lottery. Visited David Sutton cars where they have the original Safari 037, Audi Quattro S1 complete with ALL the wings and countless other cars. Would like to see the pictures of the EB110

As for a real 131 Abarth, yes please!!! Last one i saw was selling for £12,000!

I know where all the cameras are on the M25, its the VASCAR police vehicles you have to watch. Still if i was going that quick no one would see my Alfa......can't have that!

The current toy box occupants

Jaguar XFR - monster!
AR GTV V6 - restoring
AR 164 V6 - fully restored
TVR Chimaera 400
SEAT Ibiza 2.0 16v stage rally car
Land Rover Discovery 2 4.0 V8
BMW R1200RT 90th Aniversary
EddieGTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynesey
Hi Eddie

That is the rally supercar day, if you haven't been it is a superb day out and some of the machinery is awesome.

I just love 037's, there is a red road going on on Ebay at persent, oh to win the lottery. Visited David Sutton cars where they have the original Safari 037, Audi Quattro S1 complete with ALL the wings and countless other cars. Would like to see the pictures of the EB110

As for a real 131 Abarth, yes please!!! Last one i saw was selling for £12,000!

I know where all the cameras are on the M25, its the VASCAR police vehicles you have to watch. Still if i was going that quick no one would see my Alfa......can't have that!

I used to have a 1990 16v integrale and loved it! I will try and get some of the vids I have collected over time on to my website, got quite a few of the 037 and some of the S4. It's the sound of them that gets me, I just haven't heard anything that sounds like a 037 or S4 being thrashed on a rally course.

alfa_147_jtd_16v

Anyone up for a meet then?

AO Silver Member

Member car:

147 GTA

well apparently I'm going alone! So I'll be there from 10.30am onwards, I'm coming from Hertfordshire (A1M) so probably hitting the M25 around 9.15am!

Look out for a Boreal Green GTA 147, I'll be taking it easy and watching the road angel

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > International Lounges > World Alfa Clubs, Communities & Events > International Events

Tags
29th , april , auto , brooklands , car , italia , sat , show

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page