National Meet Location - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
International Events Events from around the globe

marlon

National Meet Location

Would you travel to Scotland for a National Meet ???

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Yes i definiately would.

j

woo 100% so far

marlon

Thought you might
BTW, if it happens, you're planning the route. But no stopping off at hotels with sloping driveways....splitter and all that you know.......

MT
AO Silver Member

County: Hampshire
Do i have to come in a 155? frown
marlon

Come in whatever you feel is comfortable MT wink

As long as it's not a Lada

j
marlon

...or your pants eek!

MT
AO Silver Member

County: Hampshire
I don't feel that comfortable in anything other than an Alfa. Well, nothing i can afford anyway. There's just something about the tailpipes...
*ahem*
In which case, i'll be there in whatever jalopy i can borrow at the time, and a skirt. Never been to Scotland before, think Hull is the furthest North i've ever been!
*wanders off to vote*
wrinx

I was about to vote "yes" but then thought it depends where in Scotland? Would make a great deal of difference for the miles. To be honest (hope I'm wrong!) I cant see many travelling all the way oop north, especially the deep south boys.....

Didn't we decide where was most central last time before deciding on York? York had an excellent turn out so perhaps somewhere round there again.

If we're after a country drive kinda thing we could use the 2hr Tulip route I drew up for Derbyshire, but that would obviously mean the Scots lads coming down saarf, scary I know!

Realise you're looking at Scotland to enable you to draw up a route on familiar roads though

The debate continues eek!

wrinx

marlon

You're right Wrinx. I can't really organise a run based on roads I don't know.
The route in Scotland would probably start at Perth which is about 30 miles north of Edinburgh.
There are routes in Fife we could do, but not as good as the "Killin Run" which takes you round Loch something or other (can't remember..oooops).

I would travel further south in England no probs, but as you know, we would all like it to be local to where we stay.

There is some good roads in fife... you just ain't cultured enuff marlon

there's some really good roads down the borders too.. but i'm not a regular down there, so not sure about routes.

good thing about the killin run is that there isn't a high police presence not that we'd be breaking the laws or owt

j
colingtv6

I haven't voted for obvious reasons! However, IMHO Yorkshire/Lancashire should be the furtherst north as it only really takes the Scots 3-4 hours to get to either of these counties. Some of the English lads will still have to travel a lot longer than that to get there if it was to be held that far north. To get up to Fife from London your are talking 6-7 hours and thats with clear roads and very few breaks. 8-9 hours is more realistic.

I like the idea of doing wrinx's run though.

marlon

Again I'm fine travelling south but we'd really need some local knowledge for a route.
Any takers ???.......

wrinx

Quote:
colingtv6:
I haven't voted for obvious reasons! However, IMHO Yorkshire/Lancashire should be the furtherst north as it only really takes the Scots 3-4 hours to get to either of these counties. Some of the English lads will still have to travel a lot longer than that to get there if it was to be held that far north. To get up to Fife from London your are talking 6-7 hours and thats with clear roads and very few breaks. 8-9 hours is more realistic.

I like the idea of doing wrinx's run though.
Speedy has done the route I planned for the Peak Alfa Run....he may be able to provide an unbiased opinion wink

I'd be happy to dig it out again (if it can be found!!) if people are interested but really dont want to steal your thunder Marlon.

wrinx

marlon

Wrinx I'd be happy for you to organise that. I have no probs organising something up here, but I want people to turn up. That's the whole point really. I've contacted a few tracks but no replys or too expensive.
Someone said they may be able to get "cheap" rates at a track (can't remember who or where 'cos I'm drunk.......again ).
Maybe we could "steal" that and make it a national meet.
I didn't realise how hard this is.....even more respect to you for sorting out the last one.

Marlon

wrinx

Henry sent me some details for Curbrough Sprint track but gotta find out where it is first Looks like it would be a reasonable price too If this fits the bill I could send you the email wink

wrinx

marlon

Cool, cheers

Bert Cheese

How's about you Sweaty's come down to Saaaafampton instead. eek! A good blat around the New Forest swerving around ponies,cows and pigs,followed by a few good Southern Ales. I even know a man who can sell you bits to replace those that fell off your car's on the way down.
HooHoo

marlon

Organise a route and it'll be considered Flo.
I won't need yer man as I drive at the back so will collect the parts that fall off the 155's in front of me

Bert Cheese

Nice one Marlon,Unfortunately we are plagued by camera's and the like down here so my suggestion(just back from the pub,suprise)was more banter than owt else really. You cant really hoon about the forest either,hitting animals isn't really cricket old boy. eek!
If a weekend could be made of it I wouldn't rule Scotland out,I was in Gardenstown(Nr Banff?) for the 2000 celebrations and remember some awesome roads up there. A good crowd would be a draw but I cant see myself doing a 9-10 hour journey from Southampton if it ends up as a "local" meet.
You have the seeds of a good idea though,get some compost and see what grows.

marlon

I know what you mean about cameras etc. Fife is plagued by boy racers and the number of traffic cops and mobile cameras is unreal.
As J77 said, the Killin route is very good. No cameras, no Police prescence the last time and we were doing +100mph along twisty country roads. Very nice

Bert Cheese

eek! 100mph+twisty roads=nice. Mmmmmmmm eek!

Barry

Flo, we can always arrange a southern meet on the same day. Just need to find out who would be interested and a location.

marlon

Kinda defeats the purpose of a National Meet though doesn't it ???

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > International Lounges > World Alfa Clubs, Communities & Events > International Events

Tags
location , meet , national

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page