V6 , 8V, 16V comparison - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
International Events Events from around the globe

fkcream

V6 , 8V, 16V comparison

On one of these meets, does anyone fancy having a drive of another car ?, the Beast is always willing to be driven... but id like to have a go in a standard V6 and a sorted 8V too, just to know what there like, listen to the sound etc.

Of course i wouldnt want 'test pilots' driving my car through gates and picking up speeding fines.. can do that meself... but a brisk run just to familurise yourself with the different models.

Anyone ?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

bw

This sounds interesting. I've only ever been in my 2.0 16v so I'd like to take a ride in an 8v and a V6 myself - as passenger probably as I'm not sure I'd want to risk driving someone else's pride and joy eek!
marlon

I'm up for that. My 8v is sooooooooooooooooooooo fast wink
BW, I've also had passengers in the car round Knockhill circuit, one of them was screaming, still wanna be a passenger ??? wink
I've driven J77's 2.0litre 16v and Shugs 2.0litre 8v. They've also driven mine.
See my last post in the National Meet sticky.

Marlon

If any ones daft enough i`ll gladly take them for a spin wink

Ihave the best of both world`s at the mo as i can take my V6 out or pinch her 8V Silverstone so i know how they compare

Would`nt mind having a go in the tuned beasty tho FKCream pretty please
fkcream

Cool sounds like a bit of interest

Just got the V6 beasty back froma service n MOT. Had Tarox disks and pads all round...stunning bill again !!!. But my mechanic drove it, had a good look round it... his assement was that he had never driven a V6 155 that felt that good,(he prefers the 16V pointy versions) the nose isnt heavy at all, all the mods done on it work very well together.. although a 24V motor would make it quicker.

Wishys are a bit worn, but hell when arnt they worn ?

So after 7 k miles in it, still an awsome car !

Sounds like a good idea fk .

Quote:
originally posted by speed freak:
Ihave the best of both world`s at the mo as i can take my V6 out or pinch her 8V Silverstone so i know how they compare
And the verdict is??
AO Member

Member car:

155 Q4

if you make it somewhere civilised (south of brum) i'll turn up with a modded Q4, to play with
fkcream

A Q4... now that would be cool... never even seen one... game on... i always want people to drive my cars... as long as they are carefull !!!, but other 155 owners would responsible im sure...

That Marlon character is a bit worrying tho.. scaring his passengers... wouldnt like him to scare me in the Beast, **** no....

Chris155

You let me eek! have a go in your v6 and 16 valver.

fkcream

True... but that was before you crashed into everything that moved... and a few things that didnt...

Anyway you were fine driving my cars... think i was worse in yours !!!

marlon

Hee hee FK !!!
The guy that screamed was looking through the lens of a camcorder and couldn't see the bends of the track properly. He was just pooping it as he didn't know Knockhill Race Circuit and thought we were for it when tanning through the blind chicane. You hit a crest and the road dissapears eek! . An experience to be remembered I'm sure !!!

MT
AO Silver Member

County: Hampshire
There's a b-road near Bristol that has a blind crest followed by a sharp bend. My passenegers screamed too, i was too scared to make a noise.

If my car was workin i'd be up for it, and i don't mind my cars being driven hard. If anyone wants a drive in a 1.4 Golf gimme a shout though!

Just thinking it would be nice if you could try each other's cars out round a track or an airfield rather than in open roads, safer too...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > International Lounges > World Alfa Clubs, Communities & Events > International Events

Tags
16v , comparison

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page