Peak Alfa Drive 2003 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
International Events Events from around the globe

wrinx

Peak Alfa Drive 2003

The Derbyshire Section have changed the style of their annual event "Peak Alfa Day".

As you can guess from the title it's now called Peak Alfa Drive (still PAD!!!).

On Sunday May 25th it will start from Chesterfield Town Hall at 10.00am, there will be a choice of two events in one.

First, a "Tulip" style route map where you'll need a navigator to take you through some of Derbyshire's scenery and challenging windy roads. If any of you have done an "Alfa Run" in the past (organised by AROC for a few years) it's gonna be pretty similiar.

Second, is a straight forward convoy drive led by one of the section members in his highly modified black Alfasud.

Both will end up at the award winning Carsington reservoir for the usual gathering. We will have an area set aside for parking which I'm sorting tomorrow.

http://www.s****er.co.uk/APPS/STWInt..._Carsington_T7

We decided to do a "drive" type event as there are plenty of "field" events and wanted something a little different.

Places for the Tulip run may be limited so contact me if you're interested to book a place. Alternatively you could drive straight to Carsington and meet us there

wrinx

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Wrinx, what time are you meeting up at Chesterfield townhall?
Is the tulip thing simliar to the Targa Derbyshire?
wrinx

Sorry, forgot the time .....10am.

It will be simliar to the Targa Derbyshire, in fact the same route but extended to Carsington. The convoy will be a more direct route.

wrinx

https://www.alfaowner.com/forum/ubb/icons/icon01.gif Will have a word with her indoors and check to see if i,m working

If i can make it could get that sill cover off you WRINX https://www.alfaowner.com/forum/ubb/icons/icon9.gif

BTW Wrinx why does that link go to SEVERN WATER https://www.alfaowner.com/forum/ubb/icons/icon19.gif
wrinx

Sorry, the link was the same as the main page for some reason I've changed it now.

wrinx

AO Member

County: West Midlands
Wrinx
What time are you getting to Carsington I may have the the afternoon off and might pootle on up.
wrinx

Gotta see off the run from Chessy Town Hall and then get up to Carsington, I should be there for about 11.00am all being well, to open up. Hopefully a couple of Section members will be there before me but gotta sort this out.

Cya there

wrinx

Wrinx,

Can you put me down for doing the "Tulip" style route map, if there are some places still left

Cheers
wrinx

Cheers Nick, cya there

wrinx

https://www.alfaowner.com/forum/ubb/icons/icon22.gif Dont think we will get there in time for the Tulip thingy got kids to drop off first thing in morning but we will see you at Carsington hopefully late morning

Wrinx any chance you can bring the sill cover with you
wrinx

See wot I can do wink

Passenger side wasn't it?

wrinx

Yeah passenger side m8

Put us down for the Tulip thingy afterall we got sorted and will hopefully be there in time wink
wrinx

Anyone else fancy a blast around Derbyshire???

wrinx

MARK EDDIE

A bit late I know, but is this event open to anyone?

wrinx

More the merrier

wrinx

bw

Can't make it as I'm moving house. Have fun!

Wrinx how easy is it to find the town hall ????

Knowing me i,ll drive round Chesterfield for a week trying to find it or get there once everyone has left
wrinx

Follow the link on my posts to the Derbyshire website, events page, there is a link to a map of the centre of Chessy wink

wrinx

Carl155

How many are expected to attend ???

wrinx

Bit difficult to say, we had over a 100 cars last year to stand in a field. This is different and the Club mag hasn't published the final destination. Had a load of fone calls, so we'll have to see. Space left on the Tulip if you're interested.

wrinx

Carl155

I'm trying to put off a punter from collecting a car tomorrow...might have to offer him a free delivery carrot or something ???

wrinx

Last call for the Peak Alfa Drive...get yaselves over to Chesterfield Town Hall or Carsington Reservoir near Wirksworth

Cya there

wrinx

https://www.alfaowner.com/forum/ubb/icons/icon1.gif
Just to say we thourghly enjoyed flying round the Derbyshire countryside getting lost

You got any pics to post Wrinx or are you saving Bandwidth???

DJ hope you get your wheel sorted it could of been worse on way home we passed a 156 on the hard shoulder with its bonnet embedded in its windscreen eek! eek!

But on the upside we did see lots and lots of Alfas oh and 3 Ferraris
wrinx

Thanks SF Glad you came. Amazing how many 155's were there, especially V6's! Hope you made it back Dan...at 50mph on the spacesaver eek!

Shame there weren't as many as expected but the weather forecasts were not too good so perhaps that put people off?

Still, good day with lots of posivive comments from people who came so this will definately be happening again.... wink

wrinx

AO Member

County: Lincolnshire
Hi Wrinx

Thanks for an enjoyable event. Even the wife enjoyed, it especially the tulip event.
I even think she's expecting to share the wine

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > International Lounges > World Alfa Clubs, Communities & Events > International Events

Tags
2003 , alfa , drive , peak

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page