155 Forum Meet at Alwynn Kershaw's - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
International Events Events from around the globe

wrinx

155 Forum Meet at Alwynn Kershaw's

Called Kershaw's today and here's the deal.....

They try and do rolling road sessions in the morning, so I have PROVISIONALLY booked the 1st of March at their place in York.

Each session will be about 15-20 mins where they tie up your car, abuse it for a few minutes and give you a bit of paper with the output figures........all for 20 (they are gonna try and reduce it a bit too). Last time a few of us from here met it cost a fair bit more than this and the camaraderie (sp?) was free wink

Then, in the afternoon we could nip off for some lunch and a pint or the local shopping centre for those so inclined

Please post if you can DEFINATELY make it so I can get some ideas of the numbers and confirm it with Kershaw's, we'll also then know what times to look at for the afternoon.

About half a dozen of us met up before and that was a rather impromptu affair but we have a lot more time to sort this one.

So who's up for it???????

Please feel free to email or PM me if you have any questions.......

wrinx

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

collywobble

COUNT ME IN WRINXY!!

AO Silver Member

Member car:

155 Q4

count me in wrinx keep up the good work my son !!!

rite ... consider me in.

Steve W - are you coming to play?

A
DEANO

i'm definately comming and my friend is possibly comming with his 8valver

shug

I,ll be there.
What kind of time are we looking at for the rolling road,remembering marlon and my self have got a 4-5 hour drive.And whats the address for this place.
Is anyone else planning on staying overnight.
Regards
Shug

philip glover

hi is 1 march a sat! yes i will be there i will hope to be there mid morning. there is some good roads round there should be a good meet i hope.

wrinx

Will get more details on the times later when we have some numbers confirmed. Even if its a 9am start you late comers/long distance travellers could go near the end and then join in the pub/shopping bit.........how does that sound?

Are all the Scots gonna stay over the night before? That would make it better for ya possibly..........but more expensive eek!

So far thats 7 with a possible 2 or 3 more

wrinx

marlon

I'll be there. What do you think Shug ???? Could we make it a two night thing ??? I'm cool with that depending on costs of course.

Marlon

shug

I,m working on friday till 8 o,clock(part of my shifts)but i plan to leave home at 6-7 in the morning and stay sat.night.
Where is alwynn kershaws about,near york i assume.
I reckon it should take me 4-5 hours to get there so i hope to arrive at 11-12 o,clock.
Wrinx when you say morning. when,s it too late.
If this is no good then i,ll come down on friday(take a holiday)and come home on saturday(i,m working on sunday to)I cant take both days off.
Come to think about it it would be better to come down on the friday,what do you think Marlon.
Regards
Shug

wrinx

Why not work on friday then drive down after eek!

Makes sense to try and stay friday so you dont miss all the techy chat

Hope you can make it then

wrinx

marlon

I'm easy Shug, like you say travel down on Friday and stay that night, come home Saturday might be a better idea. We can then still do all the fun activities that Wrinx has lined up and drink softee drinks if we are in a bar

Marlon

bw

OK, Wrinx has convinced me that my car probably won't blow up on the rolling road, so count me in. I'm bringing the girlfriend, who will probably stay in York on the day spending money - I don't know why, but she doesn't seem very excited about the rpospect of spending saturday morning in a garage!?

Chances are we'll be staying both Friday and Saturday night and spending too much money
philip glover

hi sounds like it is going to be a good day out for all, kershaws is just outside york at a village called gate helmsey on the a166 road out to stamford bridge plus there are good roads & plenty of places to meet for later on.
cheers

wrinx

Nice one Phil, you've just volunteered to lead the way wink

wrinx

philip glover

just i thaught for any of you comming from further a away that would want to travel down or up to york on fri eve etc..there are a couple of hotels within 10 to 15 drive from kershaws they are TRAVEL INN (york south west)& TRAVELODGE (york east) both sited on the a64 can be found on appropiate web sites. This may be a easyier option, allthough the will be plenty of B&B guest houses around the center of york etc. hope this helps.
cheers

shug

Is it a 155 only thing,my brother fancies it in his 145
I,ll be coming down on the fri
Regards
Shug

AO Silver Member

Member car:

155 Q4

i might be comming with a 145 off AO so no worries there more the better!
wrinx

Any chance of confirming all the extra mates/family?

I need to give Kershaws some numbers........there will probably be a maximum eek!

wrinx

AO Silver Member

Member car:

155 Q4

suggest leaving roll spaces for 155's but let people tag along unless time permits
(sounds mean ?) as 155 meet.?

Count me in I'm not all that arsed about putting the old girl on the rolling road.....or the 155 for that matter
So if someone else wants to if there are too many of thats cool...but I'll be there
curvature

I would love to be with you but it probably wont happen.

Jo's just had our first baby, Amelia! So time is a little tight now.

Also my clutch wouldn't take it. Must get the the one in the cupboard fitted.

If i don't get there have some fun.

wink

alfamad

I'll be there Wrinx. Be good to come home.

marcus

Well you don't half pick dates!!! I'm looking to move house on that day A week or so later, our next Alfetta (baby - not what is rotting away in Wrinx's shed!) is due.

Bugger!!!!!
wrinx

Come on Henry, where's ya commitment??? wink

wrinx

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > International Lounges > World Alfa Clubs, Communities & Events > International Events

Tags
155 , alwynn , forum , kershaw , meet

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page