Book the car shippers now - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
International Events Events from around the globe

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 11-12-04 Thread Starter
AO Gold Member

Member car:

1973 Spider 2000

Thumbs Up Book the car shippers now

Or start making your U.S. travel plans for next fall. I'm forwarding this from a Canadian Alfa club e-mail.
--Toronto

The October / November issue of ARCC update, includes a note regarding the 2005 Watkins Glen Grand Prix Festival and the Zippo Vintage Grand Prix which will take place Sept 8, 9, and 10 of next year.

A feature event of this weekend (on Sept 9) is the Zippo Tour de Marque. In 2005, the featured Marque is Alfa Romeo.

Direct participation in the Tour de Marque is limited to 100 Alfas. The registration fee of $130 US may seem costly, but the package does provide good value considering all of the things it includes. Specifically the registration fee gets each participant two general admission weekend tickets, a brunch for two, preferred parking in town and at the track, and parade laps of both the current race track and the original Grand Prix layout. (By the way, the original Watkins Glen Grand Prix was won by an 8C 2900 Alfa.)

Please consider this opportunity carefully, and if you can attend and want to participate in the Tour de Marque, please register with them as soon as possible. Our only hope to participate in the Tour de Marque event is to register early!

Of course, anyone can attend the Grand Prix Festival and the Vintage Grand Prix on the basis of a last minute decision, so if you can't register for the Tour de Marque now, you can still make the trip and see all of the events.

For further details, and the registration form, see http://www.grandprixfestival.com/marque.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 1561
County: -

Member car:

busso powered

Re: Book the car shippers now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto Spider
...The registration fee of $130 US may seem costly...
For us that would be the cheap part of the adventure if any of us participated.

But the event sounds very interesting.
(Post Link) post #3 of 7 Old 11-12-04 Thread Starter
AO Gold Member

Member car:

1973 Spider 2000

Really, Hans? I would have never guessed that.

I just posted it mainly to let people travelling to the U.S. on business (or vacation) know that there might be a good automotive and Alfa related event to take in on their off time. Plus, it's a nice little cross cultural education. I get to read all about NAD and about the Australian and European events, so I thought I would give everybody else a chance to look at what's done on this side of the world.
--Toronto
AO Platinum Member

County: Porto

Member car:

Alfa 159 QV

Indeed looks a very interesting event! Are you going Tor? Do you have a free place on your Spider?
(Post Link) post #5 of 7 Old 12-12-04 Thread Starter
AO Gold Member

Member car:

1973 Spider 2000

I know I won't be participating in the Tour de Marque event. I'm not organized enough to commit to doing an event that is nine or ten months in the future and to fork over cash for an event that far away -- never.

Seriously, I don't think my little car is special enough to sign up for something like that. It's not a concours level car and it's not that unique. I'm sure they really want some brilliant examples of the marque for the showcase event.

If time and weather and finances and the whims of the gods permit it, I might drive down for a day and take in some of the events, but I'll play that by ear. I think the Toronto Alfa club is organizing a tour to the Glen this year, so even if I can't find room in my buggy, I'm pretty sure I could find rides for everybody.
--Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto Spider
Seriously, I don't think my little car is special enough to sign up for something like that. It's not a concours level car and it's not that unique. I'm sure they really want some brilliant examples of the marque for the showcase event.
--Toronto
They should be honored to have a 73 Spider!
They'll have their chance to turn their noses up at my 71 Twinspark conversion, I've got the application on my desk at the moment. I'll let you know.

John
(Post Link) post #7 of 7 Old 14-12-04 Thread Starter
AO Gold Member

Member car:

1973 Spider 2000

Hi John,

Nice to see another BB regular here. Now we're one member closer to fulfilling our "token American" quota.

It looks like you'll have to carry the AO banner at the Glen next year. I'm sure if you ask Ian (Mr. AO himself) nicely, he'll gladly send you an AO window sticker to display at the event.

My '73 is a stock, dime-a-dozen car, at least as Alfas go but your '71 sounds like a different story. I'm sure you'll get lots of attention at the event. Actually if you post some engine photos in the classic lounge or in the image lounge here, I can pretty much guarantee you some attention. Conversions are always a topic of interest in these parts.
--Toronto

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > International Lounges > World Alfa Clubs, Communities & Events > International Events

Tags
book , car , shippers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page