Anyone heading to Le-mans - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
International Events Events from around the globe

(Post Link) post #1 of 9 Old 08-06-04 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

GTV Cup, GT

Anyone heading to Le-mans

Decided two nights ago that this is a must. Ferry tickets booked, mate talked into going, european insurance cover sorted.

My question now is anyone one else going? Who's racing this year?

Just the 1500 mile round route to sort.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

Member car:

145 1.8 TS

Re: Anyone heading to Le-mans

Hey Mr T. Didn't get your message before I left. Would have met up otherwise. What car did you drive over? I saw a 155 and a 156 down the bottom of the campsite from me and a few other flash busses around. No AO stickers though!
We arrived on the Friday at 10pm, and put up the tents in the dark. There was serious messing going on around me, doughnuts and stuff.
Stayed till 2:40 on Sunday and left before the traffic.
Great fun. Next year will be out 4th in a row!
What about you?
(Post Link) post #3 of 9 Old 18-06-04 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

GTV Cup, GT

First time since 96 but it was my fourth visit. Only decided to go on the Monday and after making the drive I arrived at about 2 in the afternoon on friday and stayed up for the frestivites so awake 30 hours in total.

Left Monday morning and will be heading back next year for defo. Managed to blag a shot of a Ferrari 360 on the Sunday night too.

Guys you don't know what your missing until you go. They could take away the racing and it would still be one of the best automotive meeting in the world.
MT
AO Silver Member

County: Hampshire

What racing???

It's true, the racing is almost secondary.
I was there the year it rained on various parts of the track (2001 i think) and there were multiple pile ups, had Grandstand tickets too. So we darted around the track trying to see a crash, so got to see some of the racing.
Also managed to get into the cafe on the Mulsanne straight and stand on the wall that overlooks the staight, had to hold on as the Corvettes came past cos the sound alone from them at 200+ mph was enough to push me backwards off the wall!

The following year was missed some of the race while trying to come up with 750 euros to get our pick-up back from the lovely Genderme. Won't tell you what we were doing when they decided to confiscate it :S

Oh, and if anyone's seen the 60' flagpole made out of a tree, thats our group
Still depressed i wasn't there this year

Quinn is Tintin, Q is Betty Boop, LeeBex is Mr Benn, Wrinxy Jinxy is a whole Agatha Christie suspense novel by himself. AJ's not a bear but BazzaKarhu the earth pig is. Debs is the Essex Pink Orange fiend. Jason is Marlon, i'm Marlon, Marlon is Spartacus. Chris155 (Andy's dad) ate all the pies. AlfaJack, you b*stard! Jimbo's a superstar. Speedy, Barry, San and Thompatruck turn into pumpkins at midnight.
AO Silver Member
Classic Alfas Lounge Winner 09

McGuinn, Mr. T,

Myself and 15 mates were in Houx Annexe campsite. There was no shortage of Alfa flags & banners round our tents and the four Spiders (of various vintage), Bertone & SZ were a bit conspicuous. We were parked next to a 155 & 156 from Southampton and nearby was a GTV and 147 GTA as well.

Kept bumping into other Alfa-heads on Friday, particularly some guys from Somerset in a Sud.

Tickets are already booked for next year. Look us up then.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

145 1.8 TS

Bill, who did you book next years tickets through?
(Post Link) post #7 of 9 Old 18-06-04 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

GTV Cup, GT

I'm still planning on a last minute deal. Got the ferry tickets for a 100 quid and getting everything else when you get there doesn't seem like to much of a worry. Looked like some of the campervans didn't even bother with camping and just parked at the side of the road.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGuinn
Bill, who did you book next years tickets through?
Half our gang are members of the ACO (the Club that own the circuit and organise the race) and we book with them directly. We get reduced entrance for each member and up to five guests (~10 off each ticket), the right to buy a couple of seats in the ACO grandstand (opposite pit lane exit, in front of big screen and with its own bar), access to the Club bar/enclosure in the village, a free race pack including entry list, results list and poster, discount in the ACO shop and breakdown cover for France .

Membership costs ~50 per year.

Bill
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T
I'm still planning on a last minute deal. Got the ferry tickets for a 100 quid and getting everything else when you get there doesn't seem like to much of a worry. Looked like some of the campervans didn't even bother with camping and just parked at the side of the road.
A ton for the ferry is good. We paid 135 for Newhaven-Dieppe by booking in advance.

The reason we book so early is for the campsite tickets. They're like rocking horse poo and with 8 cars/15 fifteen bodies this year, we couldn't risk pitching up at the side of the road, especially as we usually arrive on Wednesday to take in the practices/have more drinking time.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > International Lounges > World Alfa Clubs, Communities & Events > International Events

Tags
heading , lemans

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page