Canadian meet? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
International Events Events from around the globe

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 27-12-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Ontario

Member car:

Lots of VW's

Canadian meet?

Do any of the Canadian members ever have a meeting? Over in Toronto for the year and would love to tag along and see a few Alfas. Winter's probably not quite the season for them but if there is anything going on in the new year I'd love to know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Gold Member

Member car:

1973 Spider 2000

Hi Lance,

Well I can say I've done a Toronto meet, and met the only other (at that time) Canuck on the forum. He moved to the east coast and no longer posts, but yes, we've done a meet.

As you said, Toronto in winter is not the best time to see Alfas. The Toronto Alfa club held its annual winter/Christmas get-together already, and at this point, I don't think there is much planned until spring. In the past there has been a winter pub night get-together, but I don't know if there is one planned for this coming January.

This is the club's website:Alfa Romeo Club of Canada
To be honest, I wouldn't get too excited about getting any useful information from it. Saying it is only updated sporadically is being generous.

I don't know how much the club is going to do in 2011 as 2012 is its big event.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Romeo Club of Canada
TORONTO CHAPTER OF ARCC TO HOST THE 2012 AROC ANNUAL CONVENTION

We are pleased to announce that Dave Hammond, President, and the Board of Directors of the Alfa Romeo Owners Club (AROC) of the USA, have awarded the 2012 Annual Convention to the Alfa Romeo Club of Canada (AROC). The convention will be located in and near Toronto and hosted by the local chapter, with all chapters of ARCC participating as much as they are able.
Details of events are available on the Convention website: Alfa Canadese - 2012 ARCC/AROC Convention . Registration is not yet available even although this is shown on the website. It is not yet operational.
Also, the committee list may not be 100% accurate, as we were not always able to confirm some members participation before the deadline for submission, as well as additional members have volunteered since it was submitted.
As an FYI I've attached a copy of the 2010 schedule, just to give you an idea of the type of events the club runs. As I said, I have no idea what is being planned for 2011.

Feel free to PM me with any other questions.
--Toronto
Attached Files
File Type: doc Event_list_2010 April 9.doc (56.0 KB, 1 views)
AO Gold Member

Member car:

1973 Spider 2000

I forgot to add, that you may find some more immediate info in another forum. A few of the Toronto members post here:
Alfa Romeo Club of Canada - Toronto Chapter - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
--Toronto
(Post Link) post #4 of 7 Old 28-12-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Ontario

Member car:

Lots of VW's

Thanks for all that Tor. Will keep an eye out for any meetings.

By the way, I used to post here under the name John Burns. Left the fray for a bit with a Saab but will probably get another Alfa when I get back home at the end of next summer.
Hope all is well with you and the motor.
AO Gold Member

Member car:

1973 Spider 2000

I realized you were John Burns only after I looked at Lance's previous posts. Welcome back.

Actually my Alfa is no longer mine, so I can't offer you a ride in it, but I presume it is performing well for its new owner. (I really should get around to changing my car status, but I post so rarely, that it hardly seems worth the trouble).

As I said, if you want to send me a PM, feel free. I can pass along the Alfa club contact info or anything else you might need.
--Toronto
kgb
AO Silver Member

County: -
there is a small chance that I might pass by Toronto in September...hope to see you again Toronto Spider :-)
AO Gold Member

Member car:

1973 Spider 2000

Sorry kgb, I just noticed your post. If you're in town in September, please let me know.

For anybody else interested, here are the upcoming cruise night dates.

Cruise Nights 2011

The Alfa Romeo Club of Canada - Toronto Chapter, will again resume its cruise nights for 2011.

The location is the same as last year. We will be joining up with the Toronto Fiat Club at:

La Paloma Ice Cream and Cafe
200 Windflower Gate, Woodbridge, Ontario
North / West corner of Highway 7 and Weston Road.
(adjacent to the Canadian Tire)

Dates are as follows: First Thursday of each month, mark them on your calendar:
May 5 / June 2 / July 7 / August 4 / September 1 / October 6

Please note that on any given Thursday night in the summer at La Paloma, you will find a group of Italian car enthusiasts, so please do not limit yourself to the above dates.

Start times are always at 7:00 pm and go until dusk.
All enthusiasts and other Italian marques are welcome.
--Toronto

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > International Lounges > World Alfa Clubs, Communities & Events > International Events

Tags
canadian , meet

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page