Scottish Trackdays - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
International Events Events from around the globe

(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 05-04-04 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Perth and Kinross
Idea Scottish Trackdays

I have news of two trackdays.
Firstly is Knockhill- Friday 23rd April. This is hosted by the AROC Scottish Section. Cost is 45 per car and 25 per additional driver. Anyone interested should be there at 5pm to aid a speedy sign in. Track time is 6-8pm.

Second one is not a definite. In August it is proposed that the AROC SS will hire East Fortune (15 minutes south east of Edinburgh). This would be for the whole day (one Saturday I presume) and the cost is likely to be 100. We really need 40 cars to make this one work though, and it is hoped that we will find enough Italian cars if not all Alfas. We hope to attract Italian car enthusiasts and keen drivers and not the types who may behave in an unruly manner. Cars would have to be road legal and slicks would not be permitted.

East Fortune is over a mile in length and all corners where hard cornering is likely have been resurfaced in smooth ashpalt so no undue tyre damage should occur. The track is mainly flat and wide. There are large run off areas with concrete making up much of the track side. Most cars should attain the ton! The track is not as technical as Knockhill and some of the surface is a little undulating or rough- but no worse than many roads and no potholes.

If anyone is interested, please leave me your details, or even just name in a PM. Please note: this is still just at the 'feasibility study' stage so no bookings yet. If this goes ahead, I shall contact all interested people asap.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Drive sideways- life's too short not to

Slip-sliding my way through winter. On four wheels and two.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > International Lounges > World Alfa Clubs, Communities & Events > International Events

Tags
scottish , trackdays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page