Keswick Report - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
International Events Events from around the globe

wrinx

Keswick Report

You'll probably get the full drink induced story from the guys who stayed over but as we had to come home to relieve the baby sitter and be in a fit state for tomorrow......thought I'd just stick a couple of foto's up until the rest return.

Many thanks for Marlon for putting it together and Colin for the run which was great fun........the Saxo driver

Here ya go................

wrinx

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

wrinx

Re: Keswick Report

One more...........excuse my dodgy photoshopping.........

wrinx

wrinx

I had a great day, good to see everyone ............what happened to the rest of you???

wrinx

wrinx

Guess I'll just carry on posting in here until the rest of you get back :O

btw...........Bug, hope you got home ok and the bill aint gonna be too big

wrinx

AO Silver Member

County: Sesimbra

Very nice photos Wrinx

(They make me want "my" 155 even more... that is if she's ever going to be mine... )

All the Best

Sérgio
NikH

Hope you all had a great time and am looking forward to reading the stories, had to cancel plans to drive up on Saturday as my 3 year old daughter was ill enough to have to spend the night in hospital on Friday.

I had washed and cleaned the car in preperation, ah well...

I will be heading up the M6 this afternoon so if anyone driving south sees a black 155 heading north - it might have been me..

AO Silver Member

County: Sesimbra

NikH, Sorry to hear about your daughter... I hope everything is alright now

All the best

Sérgio
Barry

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikH
Hope you all had a great time and am looking forward to reading the stories, had to cancel plans to drive up on Saturday as my 3 year old daughter was ill enough to have to spend the night in hospital on Friday.
Nik, I hope it's nothing too serious.

philip glover

Hi I had a brilliant day out all the 155's were put through their paces & few warm engines i think. What happend to the Q4 did it even set off. The route was a challange & a few talked about scary moments. I started behind speedfreak but i did not have the balls!! to throw my 1.8 around like the v6 so i was happier towards the back of the convoy.

Looking forward to some more stories.

Phil Glover

AO Silver Member

County: West Sussex

Who's that giving the dancing lesson in the middle-left of the second picture??
AO Member

Sorry i couldn't make it but i am sure you all had a great time.
Hope to meet up with some of you next time though.

Ted
AO Member

County: Essex

Member car:

dead 166

Hey MT the `ol girl looks good in great company, just wish I could have been there. Hope the alfa behaved itself. And yeah, I do regret selling it, let me know when your selling it Id have it back anyday

Lee
AO Silver Member

Member car:

LULU fast(ish)

You're all mad fekkers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Standing in a car park in the rain looking at a row of cars
(and not a beamer in sight)

I had a brilliant day, it was great meeting everyone and I intend ot do this again

san

and next time I'll bring me camera
Crashedit

Ladies and Gentleman... welcome to the first of THE ANNUAL KESWICK MEET AWARDS, nominated for these awards are all people who turned up, may they be treasured in our memories....

Best Penaulty award... Me... as i was obviousley to tight to pay for an extra hour on the parking meter (b****** parking attendent) £30 fine

Spill Of The Day award... Andy155... nearly, very nearly, lost control but well done for keeping it sidways (you actually ment to do that didnt you)

Best Drink award....Jason... for discovering Banana Beer!!! very nice indeed but after 5 pints i dont think the ladies wanted a quick snog!!!

Ghost Town award... keswick at night!

Best Scrape award.... Marlon... for exiting a car park while cleverly explaining how low his car is.... are we to be respraying that front bumper then?

Best Fraise award.... WERE GOING TO A GAY BAR!!! this was so poular with certain members of the group that it became a chant!! i'm not saying who it was but you know who you are guys..... did you ever find that place then JASON

Best Chat Up Line award... Me.. "do you know i'm an F1 racing driver" i'm not kidding it actually worked!!

Best Exit award..... Me... you missed this one guy's, went to leave the club missed every step on the way out, falling over and injuring myself, then to stand up as if nothing had happened (its called falling with style)

Best Sick award.. Me..again, and again, and again, oh yeah and again

wrinx

Quote:
Originally Posted by daKlone
Who's that giving the dancing lesson in the middle-left of the second picture??
That'll be Marlon...he cuts a fine rug

wrinx

AO Silver Member

My full apologies guys! My bag was packed the alarm was set and my baby washed and polished....but....

The reason I didn't come down on the Friday was because it was a works leaving do for one of my mates, the reason I didn't make it on the saturday as planned was the blonde, 21 year old accounts girl that came back with me from said works do so you have my apologies but I am quite happy with my choice!

Next time!

Nik I hope the kid's well!
wrinx

Looks like Marlon wasn't the only one to sustain damage...driving back last night there was huuuuuge thud on what I thought was the B-pillar or doorskin. Checked last night and today...nothing Checked again later on and found a dirty great hole in the wing mirror cover How the hell am I gonna match my expensive shade of red ........suppose I should be thankful it wasn't the windscreen!

wrinx

wrinx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thompatruck1
My full apologies guys! My bag was packed the alarm was set and my baby washed and polished....but....

The reason I didn't come down on the Friday was because it was a works leaving do for one of my mates, the reason I didn't make it on the saturday as planned was the blonde, 21 year old accounts girl that came back with me from said works do so you have my apologies but I am quite happy with my choice!

Next time!

Nik I hope the kid's well!
So you didn't need the rubber boot I took along....or did you

wrinx

AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrinx
So you didn't need the rubber boot I took along....or did you

wrinx

Well my needs are a little larger than that!, but put it this way, I took her home at 2pm and i've been grinning ever since!
colingtv6

Oh god my head hurts

Whose idea was it to go clubing?

Well this was one weekend we won't forget in a hurry Thanks guys, me, Q and the 155 had a brill time, it was a real pleasure leading 15 or so cars on a merry dance round the Lake District, just a shame we were held up by a few lesser cars. There were quite a few bemused looks from people waiting to pull out of junctions or mistakenly pulling into passing places to let a couple of red Alfas past only to discover there rather a lot more hiding round the corner!

We took two cameras with us only to discover that neither had any film in them so you have to wait for the others to post. Jason has a nice shot of Q amputating Speedy's septic finger at lunchtime.

Strangely enough someone (not from our lot) chundered all over a table later on around the time he was showing it to people

Amazingly no one chundered at the nightclub when Chris's trousers fell down while he was giving it some funky moves on the dance floor
Mind you this could explain crashedit's falling down the stairs episode later on.

Everyone is getting a haircut like MT's now after he spent half the night with a group of women round him touching his head and exclaming "Oh its sooooo soft!"

Hopefully I won't remember anything else, however if I do I be sure to post

Unregistered

Well where do i start...........................

Twas a great day out and Keswick won`t be the same after it was terrorised by a pack of 155`s

From totally overrunning the petrol station before our nice gentle drive through the country to the makeshift operating table in a pub to Gay Bar where Jason found the virtual skin wear just hope he did`nt put any to use

And watching the faces of the other drivers who thought they had pulled over to let a car past on a single track road only find another 16 identical motor`s following

I think we had a bit of everything ...........sideways Alfa`s .........pulling over to let a certain somebody who wanted to be taken from behind leave there dinner behind attempted surgery in a pub.........more spew later in the evening and some dodgy photo`s from the pub that Jason and Marlon will no doubt be sharing with you all

Anyway was good to see everyone there and even better looking in the mirror at the convoy behind and i`m sure there will be more stories to follow

And what happened to Quinn he was in the pub then vanished and this morning we were gonna meet up with yer and we all got sick of waiting
AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed freak
And what happened to Quinn he was in the pub then vanished and this morning we were gonna meet up with yer and we all got sick of waiting
Sorry u lot ...honestly didn't realise u were waiting ...all I remember
is saying to Andy that I might drive back into Keswick today...BUT...when
I woke up, I felt sooooo bad that I just had breakfast, a few cuppas and
headed back...

after we came out the Golden Lion and hung around...I was there
talkng to loads of poeple...but...u all drifted off to this club and I was
just left waiting fer a taxi (which took half a fooking hour...and I only
had one ciggie left) ...had no idea where you'd all gone

hehehe...I actually had NO idea what u were doing today...

...anyway, Q, what was all that business with tousling me hair?

BMW 635csi, but I also love Alfas, 155s in particular
AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

A car

Also...Speedy...just realised, when u asked me to tell u who u
looked like, I MEANT to say Charlie Sheen...and not the famous
retired F1 driver (inspired by yer missus) or Mr. Edmonds
(once again. ur gal came up with THAT...NOT me)

...also, I know I was half-cut by about 9:00pm BUT Crashedit was piling
em away ...AND I still aint sure which one was Marlon and which
was Jason... ...er...

...BUT...at least I know now that MT is Spartacus
AO Member

Member car:

93 Q4 & 2L 16v

big arse! cars in brum at the mo, gonna have to get it taken up to yorkshire at some point this week, dont wanna risk driving it incase i do any serious damage.. if i havent already! oil pressure seems to be normal now though.... ill up the pics i took when ive calmed down... cheers for the concern tho.. speedy/sub555.... and everyone who gathered round to look under my bonnet...
sub555

Quote:
Originally Posted by bug187
big arse! cars in brum at the mo, gonna have to get it taken up to yorkshire at some point this week, dont wanna risk driving it incase i do any serious damage.. if i havent already! oil pressure seems to be normal now though.... ill up the pics i took when ive calmed down... cheers for the concern tho.. speedy/sub555.... and everyone who gathered round to look under my bonnet...
good to see you got back more or less home .hope it dosent work out to much to fix it it was nice to meet all the other 155 owners +the mad nutter in the 145. thanks to drummerboy tom and bug for letting me cruise down with them hope to do it again soon but somewhere a bit warmer

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > International Lounges > World Alfa Clubs, Communities & Events > International Events

Tags
keswick , report

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page