AROC Spring Alfa Day - Sunday 18th April - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
International Events Events from around the globe

Sarto

Thumbs Up AROC Spring Alfa Day - Sunday 18th April

We return to The National Motor Museum - Beaulieu, Hants, for our 40th Anniversary season opener on Sunday 18th April. 2004 is also the 30th anniversary of the Alfetta GT/GTV/GTV6 introduction and a seminar will be held in the NMM Lecture Theatre to discuss the pro's and con's of owning one of these highly respected Alfa models.
The event will feature model displays from Giulietta's, Giulia's, Montreal's & 147's and for the first time gatherings for the new AROC 156,GTV & Spider Registers.
A parade of selected cars will be organised in the NMM Arena during the afternoon.
Dealer display, Club Shop, trade and private stands selling parts, accessories, memorabilia, miniatures and literature.
A great day for any Alfa enthusiast and if you are not interested in Alfa's, there is always the museum, house and grounds to explore.
Check the AROC website for all the latest details www.aroc-uk.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

Garage
Re: AROC Spring Alfa Day - Sunday 18th April

I know it is still a way of yet but is anyone thinking of going to this?
toooks

I'm planning to go along...might be draging a couple of lancia owners along as well...one in a Fulvia if he gets it out of storage (else it'll be a plastic Ford made in blackpool ) and a delta without the big wheel arches

AO Member

County: Berkshire

I'm not an AROC member now (used to be), but I went to their site to find out more info on the event, etc, etc, and did I find?

Nothing.

ok - it was mentioned - but no more than that. Defeats the purpose of a website.

How can they expect folks to sign-up and basically drum up interest in the brand/club/event if they can't do a basic thing like promote a big event like this.

No - let me guess - it's for members only perhaps?

K
AO Silver Member
Classic Alfas Lounge Winner 09

What would you like to know? Spring Alfa Day is organised by the few for the benefit of the many. All are welcome.

There will be register displays, "Best Car In Show" contest, numerous trade stands, cars for sale area, AROC Club Shop, 30th Aniversary display of Alfetta GT/GTVs, a seminar hosted by former BTCC racer, Jon Dooley and Alfetta Registrar, Alex Jupe as well as the normal National Motor Museum attractions (250 historic cars etc.).

AROC have negotiated a discounted admission of £8.50 which is a sizeable reduction on the normal £13.50 entrance fee. The Club have generously agreed that this discount can be enjoyed by non-members as well as members.

If aroc-uk.com hasn't been updated recently, it's because we've been busy organising events.

Bill
AO Silver Member

PS nice signature, Kinky.
AO Member

Bill,

Thanks for the response.

I would have expected that as soon as the event was formalised there would a load of detail on the site - where it is, what will be there, admission costs, how to get there, etc, etc ....

I can fully understand and appreciate the few doing stuff for the many, but I would personally expect the minimum of details above to be available.

I will honestly and genuinely try to attend the event as it would be a nice day out (esp. if the weather is good).

Thanks again,

K
AO Member

Bill,

Can I ask what time it starts and finishes at? And is there any form of schedule - and what times activities start/finish?

Many thanks in advance,

K
AO Member

Member car:

alfa75V6 200hp

Bill,Mark here I will be going on sunday.if you want and you aint to busy,
could put faces to names.you wont miss me i will be the one carrying loads of 75 bits im after,not having a good run with her at the moment.
mark...
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinky
Bill,

Can I ask what time it starts and finishes at? And is there any form of schedule - and what times activities start/finish?

Many thanks in advance,

K
For those of you who have not visited this venue in the past there is a great deal to see and for those who have been before, you will find many changes. New since our last visit is the ‘James Bond Experience’. This contains vehicles from the films, including the Lotus Esprit submersible from ‘The Spy Who Loved Me’ and the Q Road Boat from ‘The World Is Not Enough’. In addition there is a large collection of memorabilia and props from the films. I regret there is no GTV6 from ‘Octopussy’, but hopefully there will be plenty of these cars in the Club event.
Cars of the Stars are a featured exhibition in the main museum and there is an excellent collection of F1 and rally cars as well as ‘World Land Speed Record Breakers’, sports cars and everyday vehicles of UK heritage that we have not seen before. We particularly like the period garage, which gives a very good atmospheric impression of what these, used to be like. For those of us who are slightly older, it will bring back many memories as will the Shell Historic Posters display.
For those of you who wish to get away from the motoring theme, there is the Abbey ruins and exhibition of monastic life. The Palace House, home of Lord Montagu will be open with many new features.
There are plenty of walks for those who wish to stretch their legs. including, the Victorian Gardens, the Abbey Cloisters and the Mill Pond Walk. Hopefully the weather will be favourable, as there is plenty of space for picnicking. There will also be various catering facilities on site as well as the excellent Brabazon Restaurant.
We will be handing over for display in the National Motor Museum, two cars, for exhibition, a first for the Alfa Romeo Owners Club. These are Tim Simons beautiful and now very rare Alfetta GT and a Giulietta Sprint provided by John Williams.These important models celebrate their 30th and 50th anniversaries in 2004. Handover will be at 11.30.am.

At 1.30pm Alfetta Registrar, Alex Jupe and Club chairman, Jon Dooley will be holding a seminar in the comfortable Lecture Theatre. This can be accessed via the entrance drive and you will pass this on your way in. Jon, as a British Touring Car Championship competitor, has vast experience of racing these cars in the late 1970s early 80s, driving for the Alfa Romeo Dealer Team. Alex has a large amount of experience in the restoration and improvement of these interesting cars. Please give your support to what should be an interesting and informative session.

At 2.45 selected cars will be displayed in the Arena. Cars will be chosen on the day for display and Club Editor, Chris Savill, will provide information as each car is paraded. If your car is selected you will be given an information sheet to complete and hand in before the event. Please make you car available at the correct time.

During the day there will be an informal Concours D’Elegence. There are 5 trophies, which are:

Westover Motors Award
Car of the Day
Members Choice
Best Alfetta GT/GTV/GTV6 Anniversary Trophy
Best Giulietta / Giulia 101 Anniversary Trophy

These will be presented at 3.45pm. If your car has been selected, please make it available near to the commentary box in the Arena area.

At 4.0pm there will be an Extraordinary General Meeting in the Lecture Theatre and you will have been informed of this separately.

There will be a special parking area for the two models celebrating their anniversaries , the Alfetta Gt and Giuletta families. They will be displayed either side of the drive leading to the Alfa Romeo Hospitality Unit, at the southern end of the Red Field.

We are pleased to welcome local dealer Westover Motors from Bournemouth, who will be providing a display of the current Alfa Romeo range. We thank them for their support for this event.

The Club Marquee houses the Club Shop and the Membership sub committee will be on hand to sign up new members during the day. New secretary Peter Edwards will be pleased to meet you.

We are hoping for a good turnout of Trade Autojumble and Model stalls These will be sited around the edge of the field.. In addition, there will be cars for sale on the day. Look out for those bargains.

Members of the Committee will be on hand during the day, in the Hospitality Unit, to assist with any queries you may have.

We hope you have a most enjoyable day at The National Motor Museum and have a safe journey home.

The Events Team

Timetable

10 am Gates Open

11.30am Handover of Alfetta Gt/ Giulietta Sprint in the Museum

1.30pm Alfetta/Transaxle Seminar. The Lecture Theatre

2.45pm Display in the Arena Area

3.45 pmConcours D’ Elegance prize giving

4.0 pm EGM. The Lecture Theatre
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaligeri
Bill,Mark here I will be going on sunday.if you want and you aint to busy,
could put faces to names.you wont miss me i will be the one carrying loads of 75 bits im after,not having a good run with her at the moment.
mark...
Mark, great idea. I'd be pleased to meet any AOers. Come and introduce yourselves. I'll be parking the non-Alfas (I must have been a bad boy) in the morning. Otherwise, look out for me near my car (red Bertone 2000 GTV, TGO342M) or in the lecture theatre during Alex Jupe's talk.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinky
Bill,

Many thanks in advance,

K
PS To get to Beaulieu follow the signs for the National Motor Museum from J2 of the M27. My preferred routes would be:

M40->A34->M3->M27 (from the north)

M25->M3->M27 (from London)

A31 or A36->M27 (from the west)

A27->M27 (from the east)
Barry

Bill will there be designated areas set out for different models??

AO Silver Member

There will only be seperate parking for Alfetta GTs, Giuliettas, Giulias (i.e. 105s) and 147s.
toooks

Is is a case of just showing up and getting directed to the designated area or do I need to let someone know that I'm coming in a Bertie?

For those who want a slighty less motorway route from M25/London this might be worth considering A3 -> A31 -> M3 -> M27

MT
AO Silver Member

County: Hampshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by toooks
For those who want a slighty less motorway route from M25/London this might be worth considering A3 -> A31 -> M3 -> M27
Or if you really can't stand motorways, A3-A31-A32-A334-M27. Longer route though.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT
Or if you really can't stand motorways, A3-A31-A32-A334-M27. Longer route though.
Good tip. Did some of that route today in the Pig. Luvvvly.
AO Member

Has anyone who went dried out yet? I binned my shoes as a write off
toooks

Just about, the trainers are going in the washing machine at some point and I'm discovering the Travel London claims process as I got driven into by a Bus while sat at a red light before I'd got to the A3. Mine was the silver bertie with dented drivers rear quater....

AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toooks
... Mine was the silver bertie....
Were you shacked up in Lydhurst on Saturday? I saw a silver Bertone with cage & bucket seats (v. ) sitting next to a Spider in a hotel car park on Saturday evening. Meant to come & look at it on Sunday, but was gassing for Scotland and didn't get the chance.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaNige
Has anyone who went dried out yet? ...
That's gonna take a while. I live near the sea and I've never seen so much water. Farmer Palmer's tractor had to be enlisted to pull one of the trade vans out of the field at the end!
To top it all, I discovered a few *more* leaks in the car and was still getting wet on the way home .
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaNige
Has anyone who went dried out yet?
Yes fully dry!
We got there early (about 9:45) but it was already raining then.
Had a good look at the new Alfa GT and it really does look much better in real life than in pictures!
After a look round the museum we left at about 1pm (still bucketing with rain) because I didn't want to get stuck in the field after it had been churned up from everyone else trying to get out.
AO Member

I'm dry now! Cleaned trainers too this morning.

Wasn't the traffic on the M3 awful on the way back? Got stuck for ages.

I too had a look at the new GT, personally I think it looks great! Fave cars were the bodykitted 75 with the carbon fibre bonnet and SZ engine (which was for sale for £9000) and the South African 3.0l GTV6. There was a Sprint with some very tasty wheels (and female occupants) too.

Worst cars there were my 33 (which is a state!) and a 146 with a dodgy spoiler, stickers all over it and a scrappy bit of exhaust heat shield (complete with fake rivets)!

Good day out, shame about the rain. Looking forward to NAD where hopefully the weather will be better and people will be hanging around the cars more to chat.

"Ah," said Dirk "it is a rare mind indeed that can render the hitherto non-existent blindingly obvious."

My 147 in the owner garage

The Workshop - Run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts

Have workshop manuals on CD for 147, 145/6, 156 and 75, PM for details...
toooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Smith
Were you shacked up in Lydhurst on Saturday?
not me i'm afraid, drove down on Sunday morning, wipers going as flat out as they can....my mate with the fulvia didn't bring it as he says the wipers on that are worse than on the alfa....a scary thought

toooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhadeRunner
Wasn't the traffic on the M3 awful on the way back? Got stuck for ages.
managed to avoid that, took the long way round home, over to chichester (sp??) and back up through petworth after stoping for a cleansing one/two and then the A3 which was the clearest I've seen it for ages. Friends that went round the M25 had a bit of a 'mare....

Spoke to Simon at Gran Tourismo today about getting a quote for fixing the body alterations carried out by the bus on the way down and he mentioned that the track day on saturday had been great fun and that the off the French Sprint had was telegraphed from some way off...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > International Lounges > World Alfa Clubs, Communities & Events > International Events

Tags
18th , alfa , april , aroc , day , spring , sunday

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page