AlfaCity100: 29. May 2010 in Hungary - Komarom, Fort Monoster - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
International Events Events from around the globe

(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 09-05-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Slovenia

Member car:

Brera 2.4 JTDm

AlfaCity100: 29. May 2010 in Hungary - Komarom, Fort Monoster

AlfaCity100: 29. May 2010. - Alfa Amore: Online Alfa Romeo community

AlfaCity100 Centenary event - 05.29.2010 Fort Monostor, Komárom, Hungary

http://www.shrani.si/f/3P/iw/1bHUPZKD/1.png

What is AlfaCity?

AlfaCity is the official season opening event of Alfa Amore, the biggest gathering of Alfas in Central-East Europe, on a well-proved place. You can see here all the new Alfa models as well as old ones. And of course we’ll have some surprise models too.
What is Alfa Amore?

Alfa Amore is an online community, a free meeting point for fanatics for more than 5 years. A virtual playground, where everybody can show off and live with his/hers enthusiasm. We’re very proud for having the only automotive community website in the world with such functions. So it’s time to discover the website!
What are we celebrating in 2010?

Did you know, that your favourite brand was born on 24 June 1910? However Alfa doesn't look like a hundred years old, we proudly announce, that AlfaCity100 is a celebration of Alfa Romeo's centenary.
How do we choose the place for the event?

Alfa Amore sticks to quality and traditions, so the season opening event always takes place in a very special place, which gives imposing sight and enough place for hundreds of Alfa Romeos. This year AlfaCity will be held at Fort Monostor (see picture of the fort), just like last year, which gives for the Alfas historic environment and picnic mood with its green grass.
Who organize the event?

The four stewards are (in alphabetical order) BeeGee, count M, Halesz, Teddy.
And many other people help us (Adri, //andrew, Bazsi, Carlos, Cgo, G-MANN, kod, Panterrona, Ravlik, Seriff, Timá, TSongore, Viki, WebM).
How many participants will attend this year’s AlfaCity?

Year by year more and more Alfisti took part at AlfaCity, you can be sure, that you’ll see as may Alfa Romeos in one place, as you’ve never seen before.
What should I know about the ticket requiring?

The tickets costs 6€ in advance and 8€ on the spot. You have to buy the tickets per car without reference to the number of passengers. Every passenger of a car gets an arm bend. It has to be worn all day long, so you can go wherever you want and can participate on the Fort’s programmes for free.

Only Alfa Amore members are allowed to require tickets in advance, so it is one more reason to register. After requiring we’ll send you the electronic ticket, which you have to print and bring it with you to the event. The deadline of requiring is 21th May 2010.
I’d transfer the money from abroad. Can I?

We aren’t suggesting this method due to the extra costs of money transferring! You can require tickets on the AlfaCity website without instant paying; you have to pay on the spot in HUF or EUR.
What should I do if I require a ticket, but I can’t go?

You can give your ticket for anyone else. In this case, please let us know in e-mail, that who will use your ticket!
How many tickets will be sold via booking?

There’s no upper limit.
How does the pre-ordering work?

Quite simply. Just login to the AlfaCity website with using your Alfa Amore account, and follow the instructions. The ticket’s price is 6€ in advance. After the ticket requiring we’ll send you a confirmatory e-mail with a bar-code in it. You have to pay for your requested ticket on the spot, when entering.
A bar-code?

You’ll have to print the confirmatory e-mail, which consists a bar-code, which is your ticket to AlfaCity. Please do not leave this at home, because in this case you lose your parking place and one bar-code in valid only once.
How will the parking work?

Thanks to the bar-codes fast and fluent. You show up the bar-code, which will be checked by us and you can go further. After this you’ll get a parking sticker to the car’s windscreen (this is NOT equal to the event’s official decal) and our organizers will help you to find your place. Please follow all the instructions and watch out for all the others.
Can I take off the parking sticker after I enter?

No. This must be on your car all day long, because we’ll check the parking all day long.
If I leave the fort during the day, can I get back?

Sure, if you leave the parking sticker on your windscreen. But we can’t guarantee that you can park to the same place.
If I leave the fort by feet, can I get back?

Every passenger of a car get an arm bend. You’ll have to wear it all day long, so you can go wherever you want.
I’d like to park beside my modelmates!

No problem. Every model will have the own parking place. To find it, check the map, and on the spot follow the plate’s instructions. if you still can’t find your way ask the organizers.
I arrive with my friends, and I’d like to park beside them...

Sure, you can do it. A big common parking filed is waiting for you.
I have no Alfa, but I’d like to be there! Is it possible? Can I park beside the Alfas if I pay for the ticket?

You can be there, but you have to park your car outside the fort. Even if you pay for the ticket you aren’t allowed to park inside, unless:
I have a specific, fancy Italian car and I’d like to exhibit it at the meeting. What should I do?

Contact with the organizers! If you have a unique Italian car (for example an oldtimer, youngtimer, prototype , or racecar) you can park inside the fort.
I’ve arrived one day before the event; can I park my car then?

No. The official opening is at 9 a.m.
How can I get to Fort Monsotor?

AlfaCity plates will guide you all over Komárom, and we made a route map too.

The coordinates of Fort Monostor are:
47°45'1.39"N
18° 5'50.52"E
Can I buy food and drinks on the spot?

Yes, lot’s off buffet’s will be there.
Please help me to find a hotel in Komárom!

Visit this website, here you can find all the hotels in Komárom.
Hungary - Komárom - Accommodations, reservations, hotels

So far 492 Alfisti will be there and there are 20 days left to register officially for the attempt of breaking the Guinness world record of alfisti in one meet (it now stands at 700!)!

All are more than welcome

Info from Italiaspeed:
Quote:
Alfa Romeo's brand-new Giulietta will be inaugurated in Hungary with a special show during the official Hungarian Alfa Romeo centenary festival, Alfacity, which is set to take place at Fort Monostor, Komárom, in three weeks time (Saturday, May 29). Approximately one thousand cars and five thousand participants are expected to attend the largest Alfa Romeo jamboree in Central Europe. Large exhibitions of old-timer and modern cars, a beauty contest, and a Back II Black concert are scheduled.

The annual AlfaCity event, organised by Alfa Amore, is one of the most eagerly awaited of Alfa Romeo enthusiasts' events and sees the involvement of hundreds of Alfa Romeos and thousands of participants. A quarter of the visitors usually arrive from abroad, mainly from Hungary's neighbouring countries (Croatia, Slovakia, Romania and Serbia) nevertheless Alfa Romeo owners have travelled from as far as Poland and Germany. They are mostly members of Alfa Amore, the online community of Alfa Romeo owners.

This year's event will be all the more extraordinary because it falls on the centenary of Alfa Romeo and because of this momentous occasion festivals are being organised all around the world; and in Hungary AlfaCity 100 is playing an official role. The highlight of the event will the Hungarian premičre of the Giulietta, the brand-new C-segment model from Alfa Romeo, and it will be the first opportunity for Hungarian Alfa Romeo fans, journalists and other interested onlookers to become acquainted with this car.

The festival will start at 9am and the day's programs will run continuously from 11am. On the stage, stand-up comedy will be performed by comedian Trabarna. Host of the day's events is set to be radio-anchorman Ferenc Rákóczi, however famous Alfa Romeo owners' will also appear, such as popular actors Péter Kálloy-Molnár and András Csonka. The highlight of the day, the inauguration of Giulietta, will start at 2.30 pm, Back II Black will give a concert at 7.00 pm, and later on in the night a deejay will tune up.

It will be possible for visitors to Alfacity 100 to vote for the most beautiful car of the festival, with a highlight being on the Alfa 75 sedan which is celebrating its silver jubilee this year. On the concrete, a tyre-smoking and a car-handling competition is going to be organised, moreover with the event respecting International Children’s Day little Alfa-fans should have fun, too. Visitors will also be able to watch a short film about Alfa Romeo’s past hundred years along with live classic music.

A beach for rest and recuperation is going to be installed on the brae in front of the fort. As for old-timers, these cars will be displayed in a majestic part of the fort, just like the more modern cars as well as Lancias, Fiats and Maseratis and bikers, namely the Ducati Club of Hungary, are also going to take part in the events of AlfaCity 100. The main sponsor of Alfa City 100 is Fiat Autó Magyarország Kft. For more information visit or contact: AlfaCity100 Centenary event - 05.29.2010 Fort Monostor, Komárom, Hungary or Alfa Amore: Az internetes Alfa Romeo közösség
See you there!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 02_fort_monostor_air_view_from_south.jpg (84.0 KB, 0 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > International Lounges > World Alfa Clubs, Communities & Events > International Events

Tags
2010 , alfacity100 , fort , hungary , komarom , monoster

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page