2004 Alps road trip - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
International Events Events from around the globe

Paul GTA

2004 Alps road trip

Anyone else ever been on a long road trip around the Alps? I'm going to do it next summer if anyone here fancies it. You can show me where to go for a start! I expect it will take a few days to take it all in. Would be good to stay in a few decent hotels along the route. If you have an Alfa and you love the Italian Job or old Bond movies - you owe it to yourself! This must be the ultimate driving experience. Can't wait for the summer!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 1561
County: -

Member car:

busso powered

Ask ManuGTA, the Alps are in his backyard.

He wants to drive the route Alfa did with the 147 GTA in Bianco Nuvola (see image below). Maybe you should go together and make some nice pics.

http://home.planet.nl/~rietv485/alfa/images/gta3.jpg
Paul GTA

That road looks awesome - I'd love to hack around there! I reckon a few people over on Pistonheads.com would be up for a road trip too. Loads of those guys venture over to LeMans each year too.

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 1561
County: -

Member car:

busso powered

Another shot from the same area:

http://home.planet.nl/~rietv485/alfa/images/gta4.jpg
AO Silver Member
Classic Alfas Lounge Winner 09

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Paul GTA:
<strong>...Loads of those guys venture over to LeMans each year too.</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm part of a bunch of AROC guys who do Le Mans every year. The drive down & back is probably about the best bit. For most of the week before, the ferries and roads are chocca with sports & classic cars. We get a great welcome from the French: in every town they're out to watch us blast past!

I doubt if the north of France compares with the Alpine passes for driving entertainment though. Some of the higher passes are only open for a couple of months (if that), so be sure to check that they're clear before you go. If you get to Italy, the Alfa museum in Arese (north west Milan) is a must. It's close to the lakes and the foothills of the Alps, so it shouldn't be too much of a detour.

Enjoy.

Bill

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > International Lounges > World Alfa Clubs, Communities & Events > International Events

Tags
2004 , alps , road , trip

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page