NORTHERN ALFA DAY 2003 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
International Events Events from around the globe

(Post Link) post #1 of 136 Old 14-07-03 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

1750 GTV

NORTHERN ALFA DAY 2003

There is an Alfa Romeo Owners Club meeting scheduled for Sunday August 24 at Lotherton Hall, near Leeds.
Postcode is LS25 3EB for those with route planner thingys. It's very close to the A1 for North East, East and Middle East (?) travellers.

Details still seem a bit vague, but the last event organised by this section was the Hull do and that was a good laugh.

All welcome!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

thanks for the invite rick, might be a bit too close to baby day for me but we shall have to wait and see!
Global Mod Team

Member car:

AMG C63 estate

Sounds interesting Rick, I might be able to make this, depending on when we end up honeymooning.

When's the wedding, baz?
Global Mod Team

Member car:

AMG C63 estate

2nd August. That's 19 days away. eek! eek! eek! eek! eek!
(Post Link) post #6 of 136 Old 14-07-03 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

1750 GTV

Have you done your speech??
Global Mod Team

Member car:

AMG C63 estate

Have I buggery.
I was thinking somethign along the lines of:
Hello. Thanks for coming. Goodnight.#

What do you think?
Or I could steal Bilbo's speech:
I like more than half of you twice as much as I should like.
Or something like that anyway.
Admin Team

County: -

Member car:

Not a GT

The 24th just happens to be one of the days i have booked off work next month, so if suitable numbers are interested, I'll be going!

There you go James, I could meet you at the M6/M62 junction if you are back in the world of living by then!
wink
(Post Link) post #9 of 136 Old 14-07-03 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

1750 GTV

I think it's Bank Holiday Sunday.
Would they have you working then Bob??
AO Member

County: West Yorkshire
Snap bazza! I'm getting married on 2nd of August too! If you're like me you'll be getting alittle stressed by the whole thing now. No speech written yet either, I think I'll get my bestman to write mine too!

I may be able to make 24th if my 'wife' will let me drive the QV!
Admin Team

County: -

Member car:

Not a GT

Yep rick, I work every weekend and three evenings a week for three hours each.

Bank holidays are part of my contract too rant

Thats what being a student and shop work is all about

But I'm off, so I'll be there!

Is there a plan of attack, schedule, itinery or sommat for this meeting. Only ask as I live up in Teesside, and if I'm forced to go near Leeds I like to now why ;-)

Alternatively, it might be becasue I've never been to one before and would like to know what to expect!

Ohh - can't make this one booked on a track day at Donington
AO Platinum Member

County: Porto

Member car:

Alfa 159 QV

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by bazza:
<strong>2nd August. That's 19 days away. eek! eek! eek! eek! eek! </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's fine for my James! Thanks for the invitation!! wink
Global Mod Team

Member car:

AMG C63 estate

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by THROTTLEMAN:
<strong> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by bazza:
<strong>2nd August. That's 19 days away. eek! eek! eek! eek! eek! </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's fine for my James! Thanks for the invitation!! wink </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey Hugo, if you want to come along, and you can make it, you're more than welcome. Bring some others of the Euro AO'ers with you too.

Seen an offensive/spam post? Report it! Click the or button next to the post.
AO Rules - AO Gallery - AO Classified adverts - AO Club - AO Traders

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

"You know, sometimes the world seems like a pretty mean place."
"That's why animals are so soft and huggy."
- Calvin and Hobbes

To err is human, to moderate ursine.
(Post Link) post #16 of 136 Old 15-07-03 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

1750 GTV

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Schrodinger:
<strong>Ohh - can't make this one booked on a track day at Donington </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ooooooo get you.

I didn't know they let people spectate at track days.
Global Mod Team

Member car:

AMG C63 estate

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by RicksAlfas:
<strong> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Schrodinger:
<strong>Ohh - can't make this one booked on a track day at Donington </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ooooooo get you.

</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">God damn Rick. I had the top ten topics all to myself then, until you posted this
Jennifer, are you not worried that pushing it hard on a track might dirty the engine a bit? Brake dust and race debris and all that?
(Post Link) post #18 of 136 Old 15-07-03 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

1750 GTV

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by flish:
<strong>Is there a plan of attack, schedule, itinery or sommat for this meeting. Only ask as I live up in Teesside, and if I'm forced to go near Leeds I like to now why ;-)</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If you carry on like that, you won't be invited again!!

No plans as yet, as the AROC haven't got themselves sorted. Final plans will be confirmed the day before, or possibly the morning of!!
Usual thing is to stand by your car a bit, then walk about. Have a bacon buttie. Have a picnic / donkey burger / 12 course meal. Have a natter. Go home with a sunburnt head.

I remember when this was a field of 156s.
Global Mod Team

Member car:

AMG C63 estate

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by RicksAlfas:
<strong> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by flish:
<strong>Is there a plan of attack, schedule, itinery or sommat for this meeting. Only ask as I live up in Teesside, and if I'm forced to go near Leeds I like to now why ;-)</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If you carry on like that, you won't be invited again!!

No plans as yet, as the AROC haven't got themselves sorted. Final plans will be confirmed the day before, or possibly the morning of!!
Usual thing is to stand by your car a bit, then walk about. Have a bacon buttie. Have a picnic / donkey burger / 12 course meal. Have a natter. Go home with a sunburnt head.</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Is there a napoleonic Fort anywhere in Leeds we could visit?
(Post Link) post #20 of 136 Old 15-07-03 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

1750 GTV

There's a big museum full of guns and stuff.
wink

Well worth a visit too!!
http://www.armouries.org.uk/
Global Mod Team

Member car:

AMG C63 estate

<strong>There's a big museum full of guns and stuff.
wink

Well worth a visit too!!
http://www.armouries.org.uk/
</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't think it'd be the same without the Alfa's there too though, now I know that Alfa's and Armaments are supposed to be viewed as a set.
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

Alfa 159 QV

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by bazza:
<strong>Hey Hugo, if you want to come along, and you can make it, you're more than welcome. Bring some others of the Euro AO'ers with you too.</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Seriously, I'd love too. Really.
Unfortunately I have already my flight schedule to Amsterdam in August 8th. It would be great if I could have 1 week in England too!! But I can't anticipate the flight in one week.

But it makes a stop in London. Maybe you could see me waving! wink

Hugo Sá
(2011) Alfa Romeo Giulietta 1.6JTDm, Pack Sport 17", Pack Comfort
(2009) Alfa Romeo 159 1.9JTDm 16V QV, 170hp+360nm, Bilstein B4+TI springs, ConnectNav G2, Autodelta Air filter, Brembo Disks, Satin Mirror Caps
(2002/2009) Alfa Romeo 147, 1.6TS QV, Autodelta Remap, Autodelta Air filter, Eibach Pro System Kit

Social and Automotive Sports Photography
(Post Link) post #23 of 136 Old 15-07-03 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

1750 GTV

Thankfully Hugo, we can't see London from Yorkshire.
wink

<strong> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by RicksAlfas:
<strong> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Schrodinger:

</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">God damn Rick. I had the top ten topics all to myself then, until you posted this
Jennifer, are you not worried that pushing it hard on a track might dirty the engine a bit? Brake dust and race debris and all that? </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ahh - I won't be in my car - couldn't risk all that dirt - you know how it is! wink We'll be in Neil's car which means I'll probably only be allowed one 20 min session if I'm lucky!
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

Alfa 159 QV

<strong>Thankfully Hugo, we can't see London from Yorkshire.
wink </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Maybe I can paint something on the airplane saying: "James, Rick, I'm here!!!"

James... seems that I wount be get to know your sis this time...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > International Lounges > World Alfa Clubs, Communities & Events > International Events

Tags
2003 , alfa , day , northern

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page