Rally legends san marino 08 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
International Events Events from around the globe

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 25-08-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Rally legends san marino 08

Hi all anyone out there fancy a trip to italy, a few of us are driving from Blackburn Lancs to san marino on oct 6th - 15th for the classic rally on closed roads, all the usual classic rally cars, we will be visiting the guy Moerenhout workshops and abarth museum, then to turin and the national motor museum,over to maranello and the ferrari museum, then to san marino for a few days, driving home we are taking in the stelvio pass, for more info email me at [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 5 Old 21-10-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Re: Rally legends san marino 08

Hi all prob the best driving holiday i have ever had, we took the overnight ferry from hull to rotterdam, first stop over was bourg on bress in france, then onto turin,marranello, then three days in san marino, overall the beta ran well, we had a problem going into belgium when the fan switch gave up and it boiled in traffic a little help from a local daf dealer for free and we were away again,the car got a lot of attention everywere i went, we whent onto the old fiat factory roof were they filmed the italian job, my son chris fell over split his chin open and we spent the next 5 hours in turins main haspital, i managed 2mins and took 1 photo on the roof, but chris say he fell over were michael cain was stood,we then had a trouble free drive from turin to marranello, a qiuck check around all ok onto san marino, and prob the best classic rally i have ever watched, i managed to get my car on the start finish ramp and met sergio martinetto who used to work for lanci martini racing and was involved in the preperation of the grp4 & grp2 betas for the 74 rac rally,after three days in san marino we had to head for home unfortunatly we did not have time for the stelvio pass, but did the gathard pass in switzerland, on the way back the fan belt went and we boiled again, on with a new belt and everything was ok,in belgium we stopped at GUY MOERENHOUT racing, www.abarth-gmr.be we were allowed to walk freely around his museum work shop and his stores, there was nothing out of bounds, if you ever get the chance it is well worth a vist you must email him first, i think next year will be better as we looking in to taking part in the rally, all helpers welcome, my photos will be on my flikr page soon, beta 2 on Flickr - Photo Sharing! the car was of the road for around 18 yeers i had done 300 miles before the trip so was well happy with just a few minor problems. Flickr: fialcia's Photostream
AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

Sounds like a trip i would like We were in some of the places you have been. Went to GP Monza this yera and had an ALFA "rent a dent"
went to marenello and to arese where the old alfa factory was . Nice Pics sounds like you had a great trip.
AO Silver Member

County: West Sussex

Member car:

widebody sud ti

i would love to go on a trip like that ,i bet you had a really good time and the pictures are really good also.
(Post Link) post #5 of 5 Old 10-11-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Hi all we had a great time, we are planning to go back next year in the beta again but i am changing the engine, i have decided to install a alfa 2ltr v6 turbo engine out of a 164, any one got a cheap car knocking around, they come up for sale every now and then on german ebay ill keap looking ta Mick.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > International Lounges > World Alfa Clubs, Communities & Events > International Events

Tags
legends , marino , rally , san

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page