AROC live - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
International Events Events from around the globe

(Post Link) post #1 of 14 Old 16-01-08 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

AROC live

this should be an interesting meet. AROC live at RAF Woodbridge near ipswich on 31 august 2008. organised by javelin trackdays. looks as though aroc has been listening to members who wish a slightly more active day out. id prefer a proper racetrack but i guess they cost a lot to hire for the day, plus an airfield gives you more space for other activities. the venue is still to be confirmed but javelin have been using this venue for a while. heres hoping for a high speed run down the runway oooh imagine a mile drag race with a 147,156,166,gtv,gt,brera, im getting carried away now.

AO should have a national day, at santa pod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: Essex
Re: AROC live

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabberwocky View Post
this should be an interesting meet. AROC live at RAF Woodbridge near ipswich on 31 august 2008. organised by javelin trackdays. looks as though aroc has been listening to members who wish a slightly more active day out. id prefer a proper racetrack but i guess they cost a lot to hire for the day, plus an airfield gives you more space for other activities. the venue is still to be confirmed but javelin have been using this venue for a while. heres hoping for a high speed run down the runway oooh imagine a mile drag race with a 147,156,166,gtv,gt,brera, im getting carried away now.

AO should have a national day, at santa pod
I read that today think its a great idea
Rayq81

Seen this in the AROC mag today, looks good

AO Platinum Member

Member car:

1750 GTV

Wave Re: AROC live

Quote:
id prefer a proper racetrack
For the last two years there has been an AROC trackday at Donington and absolutely fantastic they have been. Keep an eye out to see if there is one this year.
(Post Link) post #5 of 14 Old 17-01-08 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

would that be the black and white garage trackday? not really an AROC event like SAD and NAD.
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

1750 GTV

Wave Re: AROC live

Quote:
would that be the black and white garage trackday? not really an AROC event like SAD and NAD.
Well it's promoted through AROC, organised by AROC members, the majority of people attending (if not all?) are AROC members and it is comprehensively reviewed and featured in the AROC mags so I'm not sure why the B&W thing puts you off. I am sure if you went on it you would feel that you were at an AROC event.

B&W very kindly sponsor the day which helps cover the cost amongst other things of (AROC) racing drivers supplying tuition.
(Post Link) post #7 of 14 Old 17-01-08 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

dont get me wrong, nothing about b&w puts me off it, im just saying it not an AROC event, the bristol auto moto thing is organised by some aroc guys, doesnt make it an aroc event.
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

1750 GTV

Fair enough.

But I'm intrigued now! Would you be more likely to go if it was 100% official AROC? What would make the difference for you?
AO Silver Member
Classic Alfas Lounge Winner 09

Quote:
im just saying it not an AROC event, the bristol auto moto thing is organised by some aroc guys, doesnt make it an aroc event.
The "AROC Black & White Garage Track Day" (to give it it's proper title) is an AROC event. As Rick says, its a bloody good one too!
happy man

So What does it matter if it's AROC or not

If it was a bit closer I'd attend

Lots of Alfisti in the same place at the same time regardless of what club my kind of event that is

AO Member

I agree, I was there this year and met up with some great people. Good fun day, lots of Alfa metal going around, mine included.

The AROC Live does sound good, lets all get to it if we can...I am lucky living in Norfolk...
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Nova T33/1.5

I'm interested to see what an airfield site has to offer - hopefully large run-off areas for novices like me!

I don't think any European car is suited to drag racing. AI did a show at the 'Pod a couple of years back. There you are running 16's all day and some guy in a Yank turns up and runs a 9 on street tyres... European sports cars excel on the windy bits, not acceleration (note I didn't say straightline speed - even the Yanks run out of puff at 140...)

I'm looking forward to checking it out!

Lauren

Alfanauts are GO!!!
AO Silver Member

County: West Yorkshire

Member car:

3 Veloce’s..!

AROC live sounds fine, but drag racing???, nahhh thats just daft, they need to put some corners into it to make it worthwhile
vantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeloceMitch View Post
AROC live sounds fine, but drag racing???, nahhh thats just daft, they need to put some corners into it to make it worthwhile
Well said, anyone can go fast in a straight line

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > International Lounges > World Alfa Clubs, Communities & Events > International Events

Tags
aroc , live

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page