Insurance call centre service - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

Spacecadet

Insurance call centre service

I'm currently shopping for car insurance.
As an illustration, I'm going to post the who, how long on hold and price for the firms I talk to. May be interesting.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Spacecadet

Call one today. My existing insurer, Chris Knott.

Total time on hold 13minutes.

Total car premium - £274.00
Add ons - £59.50 (breakdown cover)

Total call time 18 minutes.

A slight increase in premium from last year, but still perfectly palatable.

Last edited by Spacecadet; 28-05-15 at 09:19.

Spacecadet

Call two - Adrian Flux

They called me (using website call back feature) then put me on hold for 4 minutes.

Car premium - £250

Breakdown cover - £54

Total cost £304.

Total call time 20minutes.

Overall impression, a touch pushy. When I asked how long the quote was good for he said 'how long is this call?'
I know it's about selling a product but...

Spacecadet

Call back to CK, won't match AF quote without email confirmation of the quote. AF's quote hasn't arrived yet. I'd rather stick with CK as they have all of my existing documents and they aren't pushy at all. Now allowing ear to recover.

Global Mod Team

Member car:

AMG C63 estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacecadet View Post
he said 'how long is this call?'
Ooooo. That's not good. You'd have to assume he was joking, but it doesn't come across well, does it?
Spacecadet

Adrian Flux quote has just arrived by email. I have forwarded it to Chris Knott to see if they can match it. I'd prefer that, but if not, Adrian Flux get my business. I know it's only £30 a year, but that's half a tank of fuel.

Spacecadet

Almost instant call from Chris Knott.

Matched the price quoted by Adrian Flux and their policy has lower glass excess.

AF - £80 new screen £25 repair

CK - £75 new screen £0 repair.

Spacecadet

All of the comparison sites are way higher in price as are the three other local insurance brokerages I have talked to. It seems few firms would touch my GTA with mods declared.

AO Traders

County: Norfolk

Member car:

Alfa

Quote:
Call two - Adrian Flux

They called me (using website call back feature) then put me on hold for 4 minutes.

Car premium - £250

Breakdown cover - £54

Total cost £304.

Total call time 20minutes.

Overall impression, a touch pushy. When I asked how long the quote was good for he said 'how long is this call?'
I know it's about selling a product but...
Hi,
I'm pleased that you were initially reasonably pleased with the quotation we provided you. With regards to our quotations we use whats called a live server so basically all quotations are done in real time but this does mean they could be subject to change at any moment. Our quotation can't in theory then be guaranteed for say 30 days like some of the main stream insurers. I'm sorry though if the member of staff didn't convey it to yourself in such a away.
Thanks for trying us though.
Regards,
Dan.
Spacecadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] FLUX View Post
Hi,

I'm pleased that you were initially reasonably pleased with the quotation we provided you. With regards to our quotations we use whats called a live server so basically all quotations are done in real time but this does mean they could be subject to change at any moment. Our quotation can't in theory then be guaranteed for say 30 days like some of the main stream insurers. I'm sorry though if the member of staff didn't convey it to yourself in such a away.

Thanks for trying us though.

Regards,

Dan.

No problem.

I've used you before and your prices are good, having talked to dozens of firms this week, your customer service isn't up to the same standards as others.

My view is that in the event of an accident, the customer service is the thing I'm really paying for.

Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

County: East Sussex

Member car:

Alfa

Quote:
Almost instant call from Chris Knott.

Matched the price quoted by Adrian Flux and their policy has lower glass excess.

AF - £80 new screen £25 repair

CK - £75 new screen £0 repair.
Great, glad to help another member and insure another Alfa - we do have a soft spot for Alfas.
Spacecadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisKnottIns View Post
Great, glad to help another member and insure another Alfa - we do have a soft spot for Alfas.

Why is it that calls to set up a new quote are 0800 so free, but all calls for amendments, or claims are 0844 so expensive to call?

What are the landline equivalent numbers for customer service and claims?

CAR INSURANCE / HOME INSURANCE
NEW QUOTES
Telephone: 0800 917 2274 (Option 2, Option 1). Free (but charged from a mobile - however a regional number is available on some CK internet site pages)

CUSTOMER SERVICES
Telephone: 0844 576 0660 (Option 3, Option 1). Up to 40p a minute + an additional call setup charge.

NEED TO MAKE A CLAIM?

Windscreen Claims : 0844 576 0660 (Option 3 then Option 2). Up to 40p a minute + an additional call setup charge.

MOTOR CLAIMS : 0345 618 8316

Home Buildings & Contents Claims : 0844 576 0660 (Option 3 then Option 1). Up to 40p a minute + an additional call setup charge.

Fleet Claims : 0844 576 0660 (Option 3 then Option 2). Up to 40p a minute + an additional call setup charge.

Commercial Claims : 0844 576 0660 (Option 3 then Option 3). Up to 40p a minute + an additional call setup charge.

Last edited by Spacecadet; 06-06-15 at 08:15.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Vendors > Insurance Section

Tags
call , centre , insurance , service

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page