Car Insurance Wish List - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 11 Old 09-12-13 Thread Starter
Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

County: East Sussex

Member car:

Alfa

Car Insurance Wish List

Hi,

In the Chris Knott office recently we were considering whether there were things the industry could do better. We were also contemplating what we as a business could do better.

Being that we're coming to the end of the year and are starting our planning for our new financial year which begins 1st Feb it's a good time to ask this question of you.

It's incredibly important for us to get members' views in all this as we seek to provide the things you want and need. Interactivity is the benefit of being involved with a forum.

Of course, a competitive price is always going to feature highly among the responses - we know that and we've responded as the market has softened in recent months. But we're also keen to find out if there are things besides the price that matter to you from a cover or service point of view that would be useful.

We'll look at all your suggestions - some of them we'll be able to arrange straight away, others will take longer to organise, maybe involving insurers, and some will not be possible at all but we'll do all we can to respond to the sensible suggestions.

You can PM me on here or drop us a message on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/ChrisKnottIns) or Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/Chris_Knott_Ins).

We look forward to hearing from you but please maintain the helpful, collaborative spirit in which this is intended.

Chris Knott Insurance
Please call 0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477 for your quote
and mention CODE: AOD-80

Follow us on Twitter
LIKE us on Facebook - prize draw @ 1000 LIKES
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

crazycarb

I'd like to see insurance companies be more up front about pricing....Just give us the basic bottom line at the beginning, without on discovering that I have a cheaper quote, suddenly reduce it. Just give us your best price, full stop without having to winkle it out of you.
Every time I get a quote now, I laugh and say "Ok, now give me the real price".

AO Platinum Member

County: Kent
Having had a bad experience with an insurers repairer I'd like to think that an insurer used a decent place should it be needed!
AO Silver Member

County: Lincolnshire
Garage
Following CC's comments. Why do loyal customers get treated so poorly. It seems as if introductory discounts can be applied to attract new customers but they are never applied for those renewing. Do insurers not worry about constantly losing customers to competitors. If the discounts are applied then say so, it must be good advertising.
(Post Link) post #5 of 11 Old 10-12-13 Thread Starter
Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

Member car:

Alfa

Thanks for your comments gents. These are aimed more at the insurers than Chris Knotts but they are valid queries/suggestions which we'll take forwards.
rxe
AO Silver Member

County: Berkshire
Got to take issue with the above response. I used to insure with you guys, but got seriously annoyed with the renewal charade. You would send me a stupid number, I would waste time getting it at half the price, then you would admit that you pulled the number out of your backsides. Nothing to do with the insurance companies, you didn't bother to get a competitive quote until I forced you to.
AO Platinum Member

County: West Yorkshire
I'd like to see insurance companies more upfront about referrals, especially none fault car hire premiums.

You've all got your noses in the trough on that one.
(Post Link) post #8 of 11 Old 16-12-13 Thread Starter
Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

Member car:

Alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxe View Post
Got to take issue with the above response. I used to insure with you guys, but got seriously annoyed with the renewal charade. You would send me a stupid number, I would waste time getting it at half the price, then you would admit that you pulled the number out of your backsides. Nothing to do with the insurance companies, you didn't bother to get a competitive quote until I forced you to.
I stick by the original comment - insurer's invite the renewal rate. HOWEVER, if you do get a better quote out there we can use it as ammo to get them to reduce their rate for you. They then have to decide how much they want your business and they often capitulate.
AO Member

County: -
I'd appreciate it being the small print being clear, and how much to change terms. Is driving abroad covered, how much to add another driver for a weekend, if I change address what is the difference in cost etc, etc. You always get terms and conditions, but this stuff is usually not clear; probably on purpose to give a bit of wriggle room.

Another thing is standardising, or at least being upfront, about thinks like No Claims Discount, and accident history. For example almost three years ago I was in a relative minor multi vehicle collision in the motorway. I was in the middle of 5 cars that all bumped into each other. Initially my insurer at the time wanted to take two excesses, then when my renewal quote arrived it the premium had doubled, even though I had 6+ years protected no claims discount. In other words I'd been in an accident that was caused by someone else, which left me out of pocket, then the 'protected' no claims discount I had paid extra had proved to be worthless. I had to take it to an approved repairer, and the closest one was 20 miles away (I lived in Leeds at the time so it was hardly sticks vile), they had no courtesy cars left and then took ages to repair it. And so on. A frustrating experience.

I'd like to think that if insurers offered better service then there might more customer loyalty, and people might be prepared to pay (slightly) higher premiums. In call this the John Lewis phenomena; people are prepared to shop there, paying a little more than online, because the experience is pleasurable.

Same with coffee; it's ridiculous to pay £3 for some flavoured hot water, but people do...

[color=gray]Sent from AutoGuide.com App[/color]
(Post Link) post #10 of 11 Old 16-12-13 Thread Starter
Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

Member car:

Alfa

Well, the cost of adding another driver will depend on the other driver's risk profile/driving history so the price will be variable. It's the same if you change address - it'll be rated on the risk rating of the new area.

It sounds like you had a bum deal with the insurer you were with. One of the benefits of using a broker is having someone to fight your corner in these scenarios. And it doesn't have to cost more to get good service.
rxe
AO Silver Member

County: Berkshire
Quote:
I stick by the original comment - insurer's invite the renewal rate. HOWEVER, if you do get a better quote out there we can use it as ammo to get them to reduce their rate for you. They then have to decide how much they want your business and they often capitulate.
So get on to the brokers equivalent of confused.com and find me a better price. If I can do it, so can you. You would then get my renewal....

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Vendors > Insurance Section

Tags
car , insurance , list

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page