Insurance for a second Car - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 
Thread Tools
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 09-11-12 Thread Starter
Status: V6 Inside
AO Silver Member
 
ransoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Aberdeenshire
Posts: 4,880
Insurance for a second Car

Hi,

I am picking up a car at the weekend and as it is going to be a weekend toy/friday treat car (untill my current punto is sold) i will need to insure it but i am aware most companies don't allow no claims if the discount is used in another policy.

Can someone please recomend an insurer that will allow me to do this, or another way of getting cheap insurance for a second car.

Happy for any of the AO sponsers to get in touch if you can offer a good deal (by good i mean under £300, 27 YO, 1998 gtv t spark, probably no more than 2500 miles a year). Please don't PM me directly though as i am saving space in my pm box for the seller.

Thanks

Alfa GT 3.2 V6 - Quaife diff, Wizard SS manifolds, Scorpion SS downpipes, Scorption GTA catback, Bilstein b4 Dampers, braided brake lines, MTEC drilled disks, Red Stuff pads.
ransoman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: -
Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader
 
skyinsurance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: Hertfordshire
Posts: 97

Member car:

MR2 Mk1.5

You are welcome to give us a try of course, we have a 'mirrored NCB facility' however it is unlikely we'd offer a mirrored NCB policy for under £300.

http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/car-club-insurance.html
skyinsurance is offline  
(Post Link) post #3 of 6 Old 10-11-12 Thread Starter
Status: V6 Inside
AO Silver Member
 
ransoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Aberdeenshire
Posts: 4,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyinsurance View Post
You are welcome to give us a try of course, we have a 'mirrored NCB facility' however it is unlikely we'd offer a mirrored NCB policy for under £300.

http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/car-club-insurance.html
Hi, Are you sure you can't go that low? Just done a confused.com quote and had 6 quotes under £300 (some considerably under) and a further 8 that are between £300 and £350.

Cheers,
ransoman is offline  
Status: -
Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader
 
skyinsurance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: Hertfordshire
Posts: 97

Member car:

MR2 Mk1.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransoman View Post
Hi, Are you sure you can't go that low? Just done a confused.com quote and had 6 quotes under £300 (some considerably under) and a further 8 that are between £300 and £350.

Cheers,
Hi,

are your quotations being run through on 0 NCB?

Thanks
skyinsurance is offline  
(Post Link) post #5 of 6 Old 12-11-12 Thread Starter
Status: V6 Inside
AO Silver Member
 
ransoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Aberdeenshire
Posts: 4,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyinsurance View Post
Hi,

are your quotations being run through on 0 NCB?

Thanks
Didn't realise that even on a multicar policy you can still only apply 1 NCD to 1 car.

All sorted though. Admiral multicar, 405 for the alfa with 0 years NCD, 200 for the fiat. Much cheaper than i expected (well for the fiat) and £100 cheaper for the alfa than the cheapest single car policy.

Thanks for your help though.
ransoman is offline  
Status: -
Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader
 
skyinsurance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: Hertfordshire
Posts: 97

Member car:

MR2 Mk1.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransoman View Post
Didn't realise that even on a multicar policy you can still only apply 1 NCD to 1 car.

All sorted though. Admiral multicar, 405 for the alfa with 0 years NCD, 200 for the fiat. Much cheaper than i expected (well for the fiat) and £100 cheaper for the alfa than the cheapest single car policy.

Thanks for your help though.
No problem, good prices there.
skyinsurance is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Vendors > Insurance Section

Tags
car , insurance

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome