I Just want a reason - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 11 Old 07-10-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: West Midlands

Member car:

Alfa Romeo Mito

I Just want a reason

I've been looking through loads of insurance sites for the best deal, going back to when i had my 15 year old corsa, my insurance was 2.5k yes ridiculous saying my girlfriend's was 700. anyway coming back to the mito i'm on my second year of insurance and so far no claims (touch wood) i might be getting a cloverleaf next year but could someone just explain why the insurance for the cloverleaf is 300 pounds cheaper currently!? i don't get it what would be the reason for this?
thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Greater London

Member car:

Brera S 2.2

That car probably has a lower rate of claims in your area, I would have thought.
(Post Link) post #3 of 11 Old 12-10-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa Romeo Mito

any sort of answer off the insurance companies on here would be appreciated, i know i'm not a sales target with this question but surely some advice wouldn't be too much of an ask?
AO Member

County: Worcestershire
It's more than likely it's because there are less cloverleafs around resulting in far fewer claims, they are also a relatively new car meaning fewer young people drive them therefore making them less of a risk.

the insurance companies all have thier own ways of assessing risk, but i have always found that the more prestige and higher powered the car i own then the less the insurance is!! Bizarre but true.

My previous Freelander whch was 13 years old was twice the price to insure than the GT or 147
Awaiting Email Conf

Member car:

Ford Focus :-(

Got to agree with the comments on here so far. Mitos are aimed at the younger driver market so the claims history esclates big time.
(Post Link) post #6 of 11 Old 15-10-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa Romeo Mito

Now I see, but I still believe people shouldn't be judged on male or female, even though they say its equal. me 2500 and my girlfriend 700 a bit crazy saying that though I've just tried my insurance and it looks like its going to drop by 600! Down to 900 not bad!
Awaiting Email Conf

Member car:

Ford Focus :-(

All the gender changes come into effect fairly soon too. No more cheap insurance for female drivers
AO Gold Member

County: Kent
No, that's right, more expensive for female drivers. How is that in anyway a victory for the consumer?
(Post Link) post #9 of 11 Old 18-10-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa Romeo Mito

its not really a victory at all. it just makes the males feel like they are being treated a bit fairer. Saying that though the Office of Fair Trading is investigating insurance companies currently. (only took them a few years to realise) because of the STUPID prices.
i'm not meaning to be funny or upset anyone on here but why hasn't there been a response from one of the insurance companies. it seems that all the companies have quite a tight mouth when it comes to explaining why the price is so high!
AO Member

County: Northumberland

Member car:

Alfa GT

The price of insurance is so high because its mandatory, I was meant to move to NZ earlier this year and I looked at cars to buy prior to going over. I have a few mates in NZ and they said that insurance is cheap as hell because it's optional over there. You can drive without insurance so the insurance companies cant charge what they pull out of a hat like they do here.
My mate said he got insured on a Suburu Legacy twin turbo with mods for $400 kiwi dollars a year at the age of 17. I said "BS" (my exact words) So I went on to the AA website for NZ and i got quoted on an R34 Skyline GTR, in the UK I get quoted £7k a year. In NZ I got quoted $120 a year. I then went and apologised after that and at the same time got even more angry at our ridiculous prices we pay.
AO Silver Member

County: Gloucestershire
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleG View Post
The price of insurance is so high because its mandatory, I was meant to move to NZ earlier this year and I looked at cars to buy prior to going over. I have a few mates in NZ and they said that insurance is cheap as hell because it's optional over there. You can drive without insurance so the insurance companies cant charge what they pull out of a hat like they do here.
My mate said he got insured on a Suburu Legacy twin turbo with mods for $400 kiwi dollars a year at the age of 17. I said "BS" (my exact words) So I went on to the AA website for NZ and i got quoted on an R34 Skyline GTR, in the UK I get quoted £7k a year. In NZ I got quoted $120 a year. I then went and apologised after that and at the same time got even more angry at our ridiculous prices we pay.
Surely its an option here !!! thats why honest people like us have to pay for those "special" people who don't feel the need.........
It was always cheaper to put a female on your insurance than just insure it yourself - guess that will stop too.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Vendors > Insurance Section

Tags
reason

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page