Insurance advice - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 02-10-12 Thread Starter

County: Lancashire
Insurance advice

Hi everyone, I have a question about insurances in general. I moved to the UK from Italy last year but I've recently decided to buy a 2nd hand Alfa Romeo Mito (couldn't get my heart set on any other make...). In Italy you have to place on your windscreen a little piece of paper that shows how long until your insurance expires. I have been told that here is the other way around: you have to show the road tax (which in Italy you are not required to have it shown on the windscreen) instead of the insurance.

I have yet to collect the Mito.. I will probably go to the dealership this weekend. I was wondering if the insurance becomes valid the moment I pay it online or do I have to wait for some document to come in the mail?

The best quote I got on the Mito (the one I am buying is the Diesel "Veloce" jTDM 1.3) is around £300 for a comprehensive insurance. It seems they will be able to recognize my 12 years of no-claims I had in Italy with my previous Alfa Romeo. Is that a good price?

Anyway I am very happy there is such a thing as an Alfa Romeo forum here in the UK, I thought they did not have a good reputation outside Italy. I previously had a GT (of the "regular" left-side steering wheel variety) which I took to the UK from the south of Italy were I lived. I had it here for a year but it was too much of a pain to drive on the "wrong side" (pardon me...) so I decided to sell mine and buy another car as I hope to continue staying in the UK for many more years. Unfortunately my GT is still lonely and abandoned in Italy.. due to the economic crisis it seems no one has the minimum amount of money to buy it, even under the current market price... hopefully it will find a new owner soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

County: Hertfordshire

Member car:

MR2 Mk1.5

Hi,

Welcome to Alfa Owner.

The £300 quotation is a good price, double check they will accept your non-UK NCB though.

The insurance will be valid when you purchase it, (if you put in the correct start-date) however it is always worth checking your documents before you drive.

Best wishes

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Vendors > Insurance Section

Tags
advice , insurance

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page