Insurance in Italy-Problema! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 09-08-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Teramo

Member car:

Spider 1600 1989

Insurance in Italy-Problema!

So here's the story. I now live in Italy pretty much full time bar a couple of visits a year. Have no longer got a house in the UK. Have acquired Italian residency status. I have one car which is insured with Stuart Collins so that I can drive it the whole year here in Italy using an accomodation address. Sadly they will not do the same for my Alfa as it is too old for their scheme and suggest classic car schemes. The car's details: Originally bought in Milan new in 1989 by Englishman working there. Brought to the UK 2 years later and re-registered as British with British plates. I've now bought it (with a brand new MOT) and I'm having it brought back to Italy as I type this post. Should be here Saturday. No classic car company in the UK will insure me because either a) the car was not originally registered in the UK or because I am not resident in the UK and even if they would they would only cover me up to 30 days a year in Europe. So I'm looking for Italian classic car insurers through google .it and frankly because my italian is really 'basic' not getting very far. So does anyone Italian or otherwise out there know of an Italian classic car insurer that will insure what is a currently British car. Eventually I want to re-register it as an Italian car (it's still totally Italian spec.) which would mean insurance here would be less of a problem but the process takes some time and obviously I'm dying to drive it. Help please people.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 4 Old 18-08-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Spider 1600 1989

Wow, looks like I've come up with an insurmountable problem. Can't find another thread that didn't have any response. Will have to go and lean on the neighbours! Ciao.
AO Platinum Member

County: West Yorkshire
Found this, any help?

http://www.italsure.eu/

(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 19-08-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Spider 1600 1989

Hi ghosty. Thanks; yes I tried them second but they won't do it because it's over 20 years old. I'm sure I'll find an insurance company somehow with the aid of italian friends or I'll have to wait until I re-register it as an italian car which of course it used to be!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Vendors > Insurance Section

Tags
insurance , italy , italyproblema

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page