home fleet/ multi car renewel !!!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 8 Old 30-04-11 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Cardiff
home fleet/ multi car renewel !!!!

last year with the addition of a little one i bought a cheap second car that could be the family tank. i own a gtv v6 and a saab 9-3, my insurer wanted silly prices to add the saab so after a little searching and a little direction from this site i found a broker who could offer a home fleet policy from an insurer called tradex. total price was about £550 and excess of £250.

Fan fair and positive posts on here followed. now my renewal.........£890 with £500 excess and an excuse that the home fleet market has been re assessed and policies were going north.

looking to insure the 1999 gtv v6 and the 2001 saab 9-3 and hopefully still fall under the £600 any advice or direction gratefully recieved.

cheers

Neil

ps 36years, full uk since 1993, NCB i think atleast 6 years, no points no claims ....

Neil
V6 Diff Failure Club - Member No 2

R '98 GTV V6 Phase 1 Red. RIP
Phase 2 GTV V6 tan leather aerokit and so on

Walking, an alfa owners most popular past time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 8 Old 08-05-11 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

well had to bite the bullet and renew with my current peeps. even though the policy increased from £650 to £830 nobody else could get close. admiral multi wanted £1080, and a few brokers would mirror my no claims accross both vehicles but struggled to com in under the £1k mark.
AO Silver Member

I've been looking for multi-car policies with a few different insurers for the GTV and the MX5, all were absolutely mental... over £2k, which is more than just insuring the GTV with my current maximum ncb and starting from scratch with 0 ncb on the '5! Bit of a joke really, especially when I've got two bikes insured as well - I can only be using *one* of the vehicles at a time.
westyman

Annabella,

Have you tried Admiral multi-car policy?

I'll be taking out a policy with them this week and will be checking what will be the situation if I add a further car.

John

Last edited by westyman; 15-09-11 at 09:16.

(Post Link) post #5 of 8 Old 08-05-11 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

I tried them and they were reasonable gtv v6 was £535 and the Saab 9-3 was £580. Not sure how that came to be as the Saab has a lower spec and risk and ins. Rating, but that adds up to £1115 too much for me. I'm only driver.
(Post Link) post #6 of 8 Old 09-05-11 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahcoles View Post
Well i think if you are the only driver than there is no point to have Admiral Multi car ryt.

True ish, i might be the only driver but i do own 2 cars. multicar allows your NCB to be used on both cars where as individual policies don't. without the multi car aspect AF offered a very competitive £515 for the alfa but wouldn't carry the NCB for the Saab thus saab quote was £1340. don't think i need to do the maths!! to spell that quote out

This homefleet policy may have increased but it still fits the bill, i can even add more cars to the policy with only a certificate fee as long as the car isn't a mad modded beast.

regards

Neil
(Post Link) post #7 of 8 Old 25-04-12 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

drag this back up time.... home fleet renewal this year has soared to an amazing £1175 arrgghh, just done 2 multicar quotes, Admiral £2054 and aviva £3964. Are these peeps in the real world. car 1 is my gtv v6 and car 2 is a new purchase a 52 plate wrx estate. i have license clean for 20 years and full NCB and yet i get these quotes????
AO Platinum Member

County: Greater Manchester

Member car:

Office Chair.

I got about £1.5k for my GT and Spider. I then wanted to add my F355. They wanted another £1300 for that.
For me I don't think living where I do and what cars I own are good for Multicar.

Separately I get all three for about £1200.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Vendors > Insurance Section

Tags
car , fleet or , home , multi , renewel

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page