Very disappointing renewal quote - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 01-04-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Yorkshire
Very disappointing renewal quote

After shopping around via the big four comparison websites last year I decided to try Chris Knott Insurance for the first time. They quoted me £435 fully comp. for my Brera 2.2 Prodrive, beating the best quote I had found by £46, so obviously I decided to insure my car with them.

This year I did the same shopping around exercise, with the following changes:
NCD increased by 1 year to 5 years
Removed a previously named driver
Decreased car value to £7k

Best of the comparison sites was LV quoted at £417. When I called Chris Knott Insurance they quoted me £528! The person dealing with my enquiry stated that if I put the previously named driver back on the insurance the renewal cost would be £491 (which I didnít want to do). The conclusion I draw from this is the owner club discounted insurance scheme seems to no longer count for anything.

Anyhow I skipped going via the comparison websites and went direct to LV and got a firm quote for £399 - which is £129 cheaper than Chris Knott Insurance. I got all quotes three weeks before my insurance was due as the Moneysavingexpert website advises this is the proven period to get the lowest quote for car insurance renewal.

From my experience Iíd advise anyone to shop around at least three weeks before their insurance is due, particularly if you make a significant change such as I did in removing a previously named driver. Donít just accept a renewal notice from your current insurer and donít count on owner club discounted insurance schemes providing you with the best deal.

Finally I accept some people, including myself last year, do get a good insurance deal from Chris Knott Insurance. Iím just sharing my experience to encourage more people to shop around and hopefully get a better insurance deal for their car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Traders

County: Norfolk

Member car:

Alfa

Hi.
Did you try ourselves for insurance at all?
Regards,
Dan.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Vendors > Insurance Section

Tags
disappointing , renewal

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page