Extra insurance cover - your opinions - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 16-03-18 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

Giulia QV

Extra insurance cover - your opinions

Hey guys, looking at policy for covering the QF that I am waiting for (any day now hopefully)...

So far my two cheapest options are

Aviva direct - £711 (£850 excess, no claims bonus NOT protected, no hire car, no legal cover, no breakdown cover etc)

Aviva "Distinct" - high value car insurance through a broker - comes with all the bells and whistles (£650 excess RAC top breakdown cover, NCB protection, hire car, legal cover etc, like for like car replacement for 3 years) - £895

Was wondering if you all had any opinion on

1. Worth protecting no claims bonus discount (mine is 11 years) - if you did claim, your policy premium can still rise even though your no claims is not affected + if you spend £70-80 per year, in a few years of not claiming, you gain back...

2. Legal expenses - as I have so far never claimed, so have never used or seen the point of this...

3. Breakdown cover - whats the point if you get breakdown cover with the car?

Its almost a £200 difference per year for these benefits...

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Traders

County: Norfolk

Member car:

Alfa

Hi,
It's always a tricky one when you're trying to compare two completely separate schemes and it's difficult to really advise which is the best route. I think you'll just have to way up the pros and cons and then make your decision. The Aviva Distinct policy is extremely comprehensive however you do pay a premium for it.
Regards,
Dan.
AO Member

County: -
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] FLUX View Post
Hi,
It's always a tricky one when you're trying to compare two completely separate schemes and it's difficult to really advise which is the best route. I think you'll just have to way up the pros and cons and then make your decision. The Aviva Distinct policy is extremely comprehensive however you do pay a premium for it.
Regards,
Dan.
I usually get everything EXCEPT the Breakdown cover. I get that elsewhere as it is usually cheaper... So, for example, I just renewed my policy, they wanted £60 for breakdown cover, I got a better breakdown cover deal with RescueMyCar £33 in total. For that I get Roadside Assistance w/ Local Recovery, National Recovery, Home Start, £0 Excess and unlimited call-outs.

What you will find with most Breakdown cover is, you have a limited number of call-outs, and they won't attend the same fault twice... Good to read the small print sometimes...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Vendors > Insurance Section

Tags
cover , extra , insurance , opinions

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page