New car insurance / Cosmetic Repair Protection - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 18-02-18 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Surrey
New car insurance / Cosmetic Repair Protection

Hi everyone,

I am looking forward to delivery of my new Giulia Veloce in March. I am keen to insure it properly. Can anyone advise which companies are best for new car replacement in the event of write off in the first two years? Reading the t&cs on some they state they 'may' replace the car with a new one in the event of write off which does not give me sufficient comfort!

Also I have been offered a cosmetic repair and alloy wheel insurance protection policy by the dealer for £349 for 3 years. It is not something I would normally consider but it actually sounds quite reasonable, providing up to £3,000 +vat cosmetic repairs and up to 8 alloy wheel refurbishments in 3 years. I have looked online and the price seems OK too. It is via MAPFRE / ABRAXAS - does anyone have any experience with them or any other providers?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

County: East Sussex

Member car:

Alfa

The first thing you've asked for is Replacement GAP, though check your car insurance policy as you might find that it provides a brand new replacement if yours is written off in the first 12 months.
(Post Link) post #3 of 5 Old 19-02-18 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisKnottIns View Post
The first thing you've asked for is Replacement GAP, though check your car insurance policy as you might find that it provides a brand new replacement if yours is written off in the first 12 months.
Thanks for the response. I wish to avoid buying a GAP policy by purchasing a comprehensive car insurance policy that provides a brand new replacement if my car is written off in the first 12 months.

I have also read that some insurance companies provide this for up to 24 months which is obviously preferable.

I have read the t&cs of some polices that apparently offer this and they appear to reserve the right not to (e.g. MoreThan state 'we may replace the car with a new vehicle in the first 12 months). What I am looking for is advice on which companies are best on this particular issue.
AO Traders

County: Norfolk

Member car:

Alfa

Hi,
You will probably just need to check each individual insurers wording when it comes to new car replacement.
We find most insurers do offer this and generally if they can't source a replacement they normally offer a cash settle at the last know list price.
Regards,
Dan.
(Post Link) post #5 of 5 Old 20-02-18 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] FLUX View Post
Hi,
You will probably just need to check each individual insurers wording when it comes to new car replacement.
We find most insurers do offer this and generally if they can't source a replacement they normally offer a cash settle at the last know list price.
Regards,
Dan.
Thanks, that's interesting. So list price, rather than purchase price?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Vendors > Insurance Section

Tags
car , cosmetic , insurance , protection , repair

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page