GTA insurance game. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By GTAAndyMac
  • 1 Post By ChrisKnottIns

GTAAndyMac

GTA insurance game.

It's that time of year again, so I'm going to throw on here the various quotes I receive from insurers just to show how utterly ludicrous insurance purchasing is.

My car is currently insured with Adrian Flux insurance. It cost me £210 for a year's fully comprehensive insurance.

I have another years NCD.

Chris Knott came in first with a renewal invitation from previous information. They came in at £325.

I called Adrian Flux and their renewal came in at £320. However, they did say they'd reduce this rate if I could get a cheaier quote elsewhere (I heard "We could give you a better quote but we are choosing not to")

Called Chris Knott, premium reduced to - £300.

Will be using comparison sites and then Greenlight to see what they can do.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GTAAndyMac

Admiral - £241.92

Can't see anyone getting close to that!

GTAAndyMac

As it happens, got a 10% off offer for Direct Line.
Called them.

Won't cover a car which has lowered suspension unless it was "lowered by the manufacturer." Hey?

Surely if it was lowered by the manufacturer that's how it came.

GTAAndyMac

Well, Admiral - wow!

Just phoned them to confirm their quotation price.

They said "We can't offer a quote given the modifications."

I asked about the quote I already have.

They said, "It may be the quote has been offered, but we won't accept it. It would be declined."

So, Admiral - you quote, would take money, then would cancel the policy.

Interesting.

GTAAndyMac

Cheeky *******s at Admiral have deleted the original quote entirely from their system.

Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

County: East Sussex

Member car:

Alfa

Anything I can help with here?

N
GTAAndyMac

Maybe, you are in the winning seat so far with your quote.

Going to talk to Greenlight and another broker to see if further haggle room is needed.

All in all, CK customer service is winning by miles so far.
ChrisKnottIns likes this.

GTAAndyMac

Right, Greenlight insurance said
"Given it's used as a daily driver, there is t any point giving you a quote. We won't get close to the quotes you already have."

At least they are honest.

GTAAndyMac

Aviva £274, but a £500 excess!

GTAAndyMac

Aviva win. £275 inc all mods.
£60 cashback via topcashback.

So, total £215.

Happy days.

AO Silver Member

County: Cheshire
i've gone with Chris Knott this month on the GTA with mods declared - B8s, q2, exhaust and 18's. Limited mileage 1.5k...

I'm 39, decent post code, 11 years NCD and it's a 2nd car - £350 ish but the real issue is it's a right PITA.

The confirmation email contained 9 bloody attachments, half of it additional marketing. Pretty easy to miss the important stuff.

They want a copy of your license and a sharing code from the dvla which is case sensitive. Why?! Nonetheless I could take some pics of it, fiddle with the DVLA website, get the code and email them?

But my Dad's also on the insurance so I needed his license and his NI code which he doesn't know off hand. So that was 2 phone calls and 2 trips to their house to sort out. And he's driven the car like twice in the last year. He only wants to be on it so he can shuffle it about between mine and his house without worry.

But then they also want a signed declaration of the mods. So do you post it or scan it in and send it over? or just post it all. But then the DVLA code is case and time sensitive. Screen shot that and print it?

Which requires a printer and a scanner. I've been faffing about in work scanning and emailing things from printer to work computer and from there to my home email address.

They also want a copy of my renewal notice which includes NCB AND the renewal cost including excess... Which I only have electronically.

8 days later i'm still effing about with it.

And then I didn't want to pay up front for all of it as I've just bought a house and money is tight. Pay monthly?

Ok. But it's a 100+ deposit and whilst they confirm the monthly payment amount they don't tell you it's 30%+ interest rate (until you've verbally signed up and listening to a recording). Plus you have to effectively open an account with a separate credit firm, sign into an account, confirm this and that and I'm still not sure if I need to print (another trip into work to abuse their equipment) the agreement out, sign that and send it (to somewhere else). By email or snail? Email means sending it from work, to home email Then to the dodgy brothers... FFS! If I'd have known, I'd have paid for it up front!!!

I've taken tomorrow off to sort it out as I wouldn't have enough time to do it otherwise - work is mental and I've got a wedding this weekend.

In addition, I really wanted an agreed value of 15k but the hoops to get there are ridiculous. Photos, adverts, club valuation.... Which would mean signing up with the AROC - an additional cost and with so few of them about it's totally subjective anyway giving plenty of wriggle room.

/rant

(Had a bad day...)

Last edited by Chris155; 14-06-17 at 23:54.
Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

Member car:

Alfa

Hi Chris155, sorry you've been having a bad day. We spent quite some time designing the confirmation email as we wanted to make it as clear as possible. That's why the body of our email points you to the 4 or 5 key attachments in bullet form and tells you what they are. You can ignore the others if it's all too much.

The DVLA code once generated can be emailed to us - you can screen grab it or simply type it into the email. In fact you can email us everything we need or post it or a mix of the two, we don't mind (we also don't care if you send it from your work email) and there's no major rush. If you PM me your real name and postcode I'll make a note that you need more time. Then you can get the wedding out of the way and take your time getting the few items together.

The licence copies and the DVLA code help the industry to reduce insurance fraud - that's why the DVLA setup the facility - they prove a number of things to the insurer including your address, driving history and convictions. You'll find other insurers using this in the near future.

The mod declaration form is just there for you to check that we have them all down and correctly listed - it's for your protection. Please be assured there's a valid reason for each of the things we require back from you in order to either validate what you've told us or gain your signature/agreement to the contract.

If you can identify yourself via PM I'll make that note.

best,
Nick
Philcrazy likes this.

Chris Knott Insurance
Please call 0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477 for your quote
and mention CODE: AOD-80

Follow us on Twitter
LIKE us on Facebook - prize draw @ 1000 LIKES

Last edited by ChrisKnottIns; 15-06-17 at 08:51.
GTAAndyMac

Ouch.

Aviva - paid the premium and it's done.

GTAAndyMac

Just to add, Aviva managed to insure my car without needing any paperwork at all.
They have been able to verify my NCD, license etc all via existing insurer.

No paperwork needed.

Next year, that ease of processing will see me back to them - basic, modern customer service. Use big data to get the job done efficiently.

GTAAndyMac

Just to add, Aviva managed to do all of my paperwork without me having to fill in any forms or return anything. All of my data came direct from insurance database. They found my NCD entitlement and everything.

I recently insured my wife's car with Sheila's Wheels. Again, all done from insurance database.

Why to the likes of Adrian Flux, Chris Knott etc still need customers to fill in a myriad of forms and return reams of data that clearly can be obtained without customer involvement?

Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

Member car:

Alfa

I guess because not all insurers are yet plugged into those, what they call 'Big Data', systems. Don't forget we're brokers so we're not the same as an insurer anyway.
GTAAndyMac

That's a shame because that ease of use has value.

It'd be well worth getting plugged in to the 'big data' to offer that service. After all, for most drivers in most years, the renewal/purchase phase is the only part of the insurance industry they experience.

Making that experience fast, easy and completable in one hit is essential to guarantee return customers.

Club Member
Membro Premio

County: UK also in 159 2.4TI Sportswagon
Garage

Member car:

GTV 3.0 V6

Hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAAndyMac View Post
Just to add, Aviva managed to do all of my paperwork without me having to fill in any forms or return anything. All of my data came direct from insurance database. They found my NCD entitlement and everything.

I recently insured my wife's car with Sheila's Wheels. Again, all done from insurance database.

Why to the likes of Adrian Flux, Chris Knott etc still need customers to fill in a myriad of forms and return reams of data that clearly can be obtained without customer involvement?
It may be a pain getting agreed value, confirming mods however having the advice of an experienced broker for something you value protects you.

It does make me laugh people will quible over £50 insurance cost and try and complain when cheapo insurance does not pay out as they had not declared X or Y .

Then want to ignore the advice when told a reason. Go cheapo and they charge you if you change you car, add a driver and generally any changes.

Perhaps if you get your renewal price and divide by value you are protecting
You get a percentage of value . Want to save money don't pay your bills on the never never and pay interest . Simple.

Old saying paying too little for something that does not do the job required wastes a lot of money. Paying too much for something that does the job wastes a little bit of money.

If everything moves to big data , people don't have jobs , everything becomes buyer beware and enjoy reading the tinyest small print which no one will, and all will say shame they no longer had someone they could talk through best options.

Best bit is after saving the £50 most will waste it on 15 Starbucks/costa coffee or something else wasteful. Not aimed at poster however the chase cheapest price is a con by marketing experts my getting everyone to focus on the mini points that they take their focus off the bigger picture.

I do agree that insurers should alway offer you loyalty and at renewal you should expect broker,comparison supermarkets to always have a comparison check. This would force existing insurers to rethink the model of grabbing a customer but ignoring existing loyalty.

Last edited by Philcrazy; 11-08-17 at 21:32.
GTAAndyMac

All mods are declared on my policy.

The main crux of the post is the ease of acceptance.

In the days leading up to renewal, I probably spent the equivalent of a full working day on the phone to various companies and running online quotes. The bug bear is refilling all of the information to cover all possible modifications. Then clicking the 'get price' button and only then getting the 'we can't offer a price due to the number of modifications' message. Why allow that number on the form of you aren't going to cover it....

Anyways, I supppse the big suppliers are getting jess fearful of modified cars now. As several real of the larger firms offers quotes this time. They also didn't load my premium for mods.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Vendors > Insurance Section

Tags
game , gta , insurance

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page