HELP!connect nav+ firmware,fiat forum knows more than us!!! - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 6Likes

Member car:

Re: HELP!connect nav+ firmware,fiat forum knows more than us!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper21 View Post
it really doesn't (post 39)
i burned it at 8x with nero..
i didn't check cns software before
unfortunately i've tried updating for many hours.....
now i'm waiting for a call from service... they 've send the connect+ at blaupunkt...i really can't undestund why.... anyway hope you give me some help....
I am stuck with the same problem! I can not understand it either??? Why can they not sent the connect nav + to Magneti Marelli???
I am trying now to sent it to this adress:
PAVLEK Automotive Services in germany!
If it helps I will tell you!
Stefan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Member car:

alfa 147

Hi Stefan,

do you have any news on that? I have the same problem and now I'm thinking if I should send it to PAVLEK or to Mediencenter Hannover (www.mediencenter-hannover.de). Did PAVLEK tell you a price for the repair? Mediencenter told me that they have a general price (380 eur incl. tax/shipping) for the Connect Nav+ and that they can repair 90% of the units for that price.

Thanks, frier

Member car:

Alfa147 (08)

i got it back.... alfa romeo service managed to get the cd out...
but that's all !!!
i now have it on my car and all i see it's a black screen..
they've send it to blaupanct (official connect nav service for greece,,,) and they haven't done anything!
should i try with a new cd??? i've payed allready 35€ for nothing...!!!

Member car:

[QUOTE=frier;1971440]Hi Stefan,

do you have any news on that? I have the same problem and now I'm thinking if I should send it to PAVLEK or to Mediencenter Hannover (www.mediencenter-hannover.de). Did PAVLEK tell you a price for the repair? Mediencenter told me that they have a general price (380 eur incl. tax/shipping) for the Connect Nav+ and that they can repair 90% of the units for that price.

I have sent it to them but did not get an answer yet. The told me it should not cost more then 450.- Euro.
I will tell you what happend as soon as I have an answer from them!

Stefan

Member car:

alfa 147

Thanks for your reply... PAVLEK has holidays until August 22nd, so i guess it could take a while. I'll try my luck with Mediencenter Hannover.

Member car:

Allright! I will tell you when I got an anwer from Pavlek! Tell me how far you came with the Mediencenter Hannover.
Something I could not finde out is if Magneti Marelli or Blaupunkt is responsible for the connect nav +? I can not imagine that the build a small computer (because that is what it is) and have not forseen the possibillity of a failure in updating this thing!?
Stefan
AO Member

Hello all!
I was absend so i couldn-t help you. Now sorry for mistakes, im writing on japanese computer.
To man who already paid 35E... if you send unit to them it will be 300 and more Euros, maybe it-s worth trying again... this is your own decision! but if you will try again, i suggest you following...

~buy quality cd
~burn with nero /worked for me/ DAO 96 if possible, burn speed 2 or 4x max... and verify cd!
~watch firmware

now try like this.... turn car on and wait radio to start... remove any disk in unit, put in burned cd and you should get CD ERROR / it-s normal. now switch to radio and turn off car. now remove key and just turn on radio unit to start booting. it will probably need to boot and reset several times. read my previous posts i think i explained there. when booting new FW someone said that it helped him to scroll first button / on/off/ . leave car for half hour and hope for best...

i left it 45min, angry on him, becouse i thought it-s stucked. always get 50% and reboot... and again and again.... but after long time
and than i got cd out by itself... from then on, only mp3 in my car....

i hope you get it to work. i will try to follow this thread, but can-t promise, becouse it-s very hard to find net here in japan where im staying. after good week i-ll get home and hope you manage to rescue unit.

im not saying you should try again, becouse it can stuck again. but better to try and maybe it works /you save 300E. in worse case you pay like they said to you...

Regards and hope u manage this!
WODP
AO Member

Member car:

147 JTD (115)

Did anyone have success with the dealers. My connect + is 04.07 (I think I was looking at the right option - "NIT SW Version") incidentally, 04.07 is the month/year of manufacture.

Anyway. I spent about 6 hours with various utilities getting all my MP3's into the correct format, only to find out that I was reading the Connect Nav half of the manual, not the Connect Nav+ half. DOH!
What lunatic thought of disabling a useful feature in the more upmarket system?

Anyway... any updates on the erm updates would be appreciated. I'm nervous about flashing the unit myself, so an dealer experiences you've had would be appreciated

Last edited by Nightdrive; 12-08-08 at 20:30.
AO Member

Member car:

147 JTD (115)

duplicate. Sorry
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightdrive View Post
Did anyone have success with the dealers. My connect + is 04.07 (I think I was looking at the right option - "NIT SW Version") incidentally, 04.07 is the month/year of manufacture.

Anyway. I spent about 6 hours with various utilities getting all my MP3's into the correct format, only to find out that I was reading the Connect Nav half of the manual, not the Connect Nav+ half. DOH!
What lunatic thought of disabling a useful feature in the more upmarket system?

Anyway... any updates on the erm updates would be appreciated. I'm nervous about flashing the unit myself, so an dealer experiences you've had would be appreciated
in my experience, dealers suck. 90% doesn't know about fw update. so I decided to go on my own.
also had 4.07 - and yes you were looking right option...

search my posts and good luck (maybe you need it) hehehe. now im almost 100% sure that I took your last azoms of courage ...

WODP

Member car:

Alfa147 (08)

Hello everyone!!!
Good news finally!!!
I went to Blaupunct myself!!
I talked with the service guy and we changed
the leiser with another one that reads data
and after that we put the 5.00 firmware cd back on and success!!!
Now my connect+ plays mp3 and also reads the titles of the tracks!!!!
The only problem is that when i put an mp3 cd and then press audio
the options at the right side of my screen don't have any letters....
Anyway..i memorised them and now i can use it perfectly..
Waiting for the next version of firmware that will fix my problems!

County: Hordaland

Member car:

alfa romeo gt

Hello everyone with alfa connect nav+.

If the cd is stuck, try to disconnect all power ( the fuse or the battery )
It works for me after the cd was stuck, and it was not able to get it out.
I disconnect the battery to reset the system, and i wait a few min. then connect battery again, then the cd starts to load again, after 1 min the cd work out and 100% utdate with mp3, and all works for me now.
Even the set up cd with english language
My car is alfa gt 2004
AO Member

County: Porto

Used the ISO on this thread to change the voice and text to English, worked well and took 1 minute, just in case someone was wondering if it worked.

Cant seem to check the version of my connectnav, using the details on this thread, can anyone help? thanks in advance.
AO Member

County: Flevoland

Member car:

147 1.6TS

Hi all,

Back to the Connect Nav+/mp3 questions.
(background - 2005 147, Connect Nav+, f/w 4.07)

First off, this thread has been a wealth of information. Now I know why my mp3 CDs do not play.

Anyway, before I start upgrading firmware, I do have a few questions to see if it will be worth my time.

1. Does anyone know if the 5.2 firmware is 'real' and if there is somewhere to obtain it?

2. If so and anyone has tried it, does it offer the benefits people have suspected? Like, restarting where the CD left off?

3. One thing I am not clear on is - with the upgrade, will the factory installed CDC then play mp3's, or only the HU?

4. Lastly for now, if I were to change from the factory CDC to something like the Loudlink box, would this upgrade still be required?

I am thinking that if the factory installed CDC will not play mp3 after the upgrade, I will still lose the ability to listen to CDs I have made, plus use the Nav at the same time.

Again, this was a very informative and helpful thread and I want to thank those who have made the 5.0 and Setup available.
If all goes well, if I go ahead with this, I will post results.

Ciao!
bill
AO Member

Member car:

147 1.6TS

Well, so far no luck.
Tried the 5.0 update and, basically, it died.
Followed the instructions. The unit went to 50%, rebooted, went to about 30%, rebooted, etc, etc a few times.
THEN, it just powered off. Waited.... Nothing.
After restarting the unit a few times, it follows the same. Oh well.

Anyway, after the holidays I'll try the 'remove power' trick and hope I can get the CD out. (I have the code).
Then try to reburn the CD at a slower speed (Nero likes to 'second guess you and burn faster then you ask) and try again.

In the mean time, any ideas are welcome.

Have a good holiday,all. I'm off to the windy city.

ciao!
bill
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

147 gta

here is factory manual:

Software update
Turn the ignition key to the ON position and the Alfa Romeo logo will appear on the CONNECT display

Insert the update CD (supplied by the Parts Dept.) into the special housing (B) and wait for a few seconds until the words 'Error cd' appear. If the words 'Error cd'do not appear, press the button (T3), extract the CD, turn the ignition key to the OFF position and repeat the procedure from the beginning.

Turn the ignition key to the OFF position

Press the left knob/button (R1) and switch the CONNECT system on

Wait for the loading programme to start which is indicated by the display of the words 'Flash programming in progress - Do not turn off the system'

After the loading programme screen has appeared, immediately press the numbers 1-2-3-4 on the telephone keypad in order (buttons T4, T5, T6, T7) and confirm by pressing the right knob/button (R2)

If the operation described has been carried out correctly, the telephone keypad will flash twice, if this does not happen, start again from the previous step.

After the keypad has flashed twice, wait for the update cycle to end (7 minutes maximum); when the operation is completed the words 'Result ok' will appear, the CD will be ejected and should be removed immediately

If the CD is not removed immediately when it is automatically ejected by the Connect system it may be automatically reinserted by the system which will automatically reactivate the loading procedure with the words 'Flash programming in progress - Do not turn off the system' appearing. In this case it is necessary to wait for the re-updating cycle to end and the CD to be automatically ejected (as in the previous step).

Press the left knob/button (R1) and switch off the CONNECT system

Turn the ignition key to the ON position and the Alfa Romeo logo will appear on the CONNECT display

The software update is concluded

Turn the ignition key to the OFF position and wait for the CONNECT system to switch off
AO Member

Member car:

147 gta

i`m ask latest update cd to alfa factory and newest is 4.08...i don`t know who make this 5.0 or 5.2 because alfa don`t know nothing about that or mp3 play possibility....?

Release 4.08 included:

- The problem of the lack of a road name even if the point is located on the map has been solved.
- Incorrect TMC messages and possible switching off of the system has been resolved with the use of a SWISS map CD.
- The management of voice messages for navigation in miles has been improved (in English).
- The incorrect display of the logo when starting has been eliminated (dismantling of the screen into several parts).

my connect was 4.03 ...i program that 5.0 what i found here and it go there but voice command not work in english ( yes i try setup cd to change that but not working) it play mp3 disc but always when you start connect it play number 1 song...not good...so i but 4.08 and now voice command is ok and everything else but of course no mp3 payer...

Last edited by hoblaa; 24-12-08 at 04:55.
AO Member

Member car:

147 1.6TS

For what it's worth, it'll have to wait, at least, until tomorrow when I can replace the battery. I guess it didn't like to sit of 2 weeks in the freezing weather, while I was out of the country.
Battery is just shy of 4 years old, assuming it is the original.
Once that is sorted, I'll give hoblaa's instructions a try. Thanks!
Fingers crossed, as I wonder how it will react to a flat battery while in a failed f/w upgrade state. Doh!!!
AO Member

Member car:

147 1.6TS

Quick update:

The battery was indeed toast; it wouldn't even unlock the doors or boot; upon turning key in the ignition, one warning in the cluster very briefly lit; nothing.
Anyway, replaced the battery and everything appears ok.

As you might remember the update was stalled and CD stuck in the player. After battery replacement, upon turning the key to MAR, the update restarted. Not wanting to interrupt it, I waited to see what it would do.

Magic! It completed and ejected the CD. Car started. All is well with the world!

Interestingly, the radio did not require the 'code', after the dead battery was removed. Possibly because it was in a 'update' state?
Not wanting/able to recreate the fix, I have to think it was the state the nav+ was in (update).
So, it is now verified to be v5.00, from earlier posts in this thread. Thanks!
I have not had time to verify the ability to read/play mp3, but I'll update when I do.

Question for another thread probably.....
Does Alfa really cut costs to point that there is no key lock on the passenger's side outside door? On mine, at least, the space for the key is just a blank 'plug'.
Only noticed when I tried the driver's door and, because of infrequent use, it had trouble going in all of the way (WD40 to the rescue).

Ciao!
bill
jwq
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 857
County: Zuid Holland
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilber View Post
Interestingly, the radio did not require the 'code', after the dead battery was removed. Possibly because it was in a 'update' state?
That's normal. In principle, you should never need the code unless you change your radio or your body computer.

The code is used to set up a "relationship" between your bodycomputer and your HU. This is a onetime thing...
AO Member

Member car:

147 1.6TS

Thanks jwq!
I get confused on what does and does not need resetting after lose of DC.
BTW, your instructions on accessing the 'service menu' were spot on and I thank you for that as well.
Fingers crossed mp3 will work, now.
Ciao!
bill
jwq
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 857
County: Zuid Holland
Garage

Member car:

Hello,

I'm new on the board and I wonder if anyone managed to get mp 3 on the older versions?
AO Member

Member car:

147 1.6TS

Hi ocis and welcome!

What exactly do you mean by 'older versions'?
Of f/w? - no I don't believe if they do. At least v4.07 did not work for me.
If that is the question, read this entire thread and you should be able to download and install v5.00. Just keep in mind that it can be tricky, but don't give up as there are a few workaround ideas, should it get stuck at 50%. (mine involved an unplanned battery disconnect)

Short on time at the moment (off to Wokingham, for work), but I can confirm that v5.00 DOES support mp3. At least, in the HU. I have not tried the CDC, yet, but will try and report back this weekend.

I hope this helps a little.

Ciao!
bill

Member car:

thank you Bill,
I think that I found my software version which says 1 3 and production date is 27 11 2002

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > ICE & Blue&Me

Tags
fiat , firmware , forum , helpconnect , nav

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page