Ok this is how i made.
First i need to say that you're doing everything on your own risk!!
I have 2006 Alfa 147 and it works on Connect Nav+. Friend tried on earlier 2003 version and it didn't work on his (Cd stucked in player!).
I warn you... it's your decision.
1. check your current firmware version
2. if it's x.yy it's newer system, older have xx.yy
I had 4.07 and updated to 5.0 (MP3 support)
3. my car was turned off while updating, so turn on only CNS (connect nav sys) and insert update cd.
- update cd for x.yy (newer system can be downloadad from this location:
Older version is here:
Password: alfaklubsi - BUT I WARN YOU... My friend couldn't upgrade and he had serious problems with it!!
If someone has sucessfully updated please share with us!
- burn iso with some burner (i used nero - at lowest speed and DAO: disc at once)
4. insert cd and you get error cd message (radio can't play it, that's normal).
5. restart CNS with cd left in.
6. it should boot from it now and start updating process.
! Few times it got to 50% and it looked that it's stucked. I tried everything to remove cd and cancel update. Than when i almost lost my nerves, i just left it to cycle and restart CNS again and again... After 20minutes when i got back in the car it vas already 70% and than 90% and finally finished. Cd got out itself!
7. after cd out, restart CNS and wait some time.
(first boot is much longer than usual)
8. Than i tried MP3 cd:
... and checked FW version:
Update was sucessful.
WARNING: after updating i couldn't change VR (voice recognition) language to English, all others work (French, German,Dutch, Italian, Spanish...) Just ENG not.
There are some informations about even newer SW version 5.2 which would repair this and also allow to skip songs for more than one a time.
To skip more songs, i use shuffle.
Also 5.2 should have improved when you turn on car, it goes from where you've stopped before. It's annoying to always start at song 1 on mp3 cd!!
I hope they will fix such small but stupid software problems.
DON'T BLAME ME IF YOU'LL GET FAULT ON CNS!! I just reported how i updated my CNS.
But i hope you've managed to update it.It's so nice to listen to MP3's while driving such car. Cuore sportivo ftw