Brera MM Sat Nav - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 13-04-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Somerset

Member car:

07 Brera Q4

Brera MM Sat Nav

Having had to disconnect/reconnect the battery several times for other tasks I have now found that the Sat/Nav system is no longer working. It is the Magneti Marelli Model 156068727. On inserting the ignition key I get the Alfa Logo on the display but nothing else. Theres no map or radio available. The system attempts to boot a couple of times before switching itself off with a thump from the Amp (or sub woofer). It is not possible to eject the Map CD and I suspect it is trashed now. Unit does not reset after 7 second switching and all fuses are ok. I have found a repair company but its #250 plus mega postage.
Can anyone advise?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

jwq
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 857
County: Zuid Holland
Garage
sometimes removing power for 10 minutes or so (f.i. disconnect negative of battery) for full reset helps.
Upon restoring power CD is ejected. In that case you need to immediately remove it, otherwise it will be pulled back in.
Can't hurt to try
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 02-05-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Somerset

Member car:

07 Brera Q4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwq View Post
sometimes removing power for 10 minutes or so (f.i. disconnect negative of battery) for full reset helps.
Upon restoring power CD is ejected. In that case you need to immediately remove it, otherwise it will be pulled back in.
Can't hurt to try
Tried that no different.
Ive had a response from the repair company saying the BGA (base of the microprocessor) is probably damaged and not repairable. Ouch !!!
Has anyone ever replaced a Brera Sat Nav which is connected to a Bose Amp? If so can they you me know which type of head unit they fitted and any problems fitting and connecting the new unit in. Will be most appreciated.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > ICE & Blue&Me

Tags
brera , nav , sat

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page