Alfa 147 repair issue - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
General Alfa Discussion Strictly Alfa Romeo talk only!

(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 29-01-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Lancashire
Alfa 147 repair issue

Bought my alfa 147 on New Year's Day! Chuffed to bits that I'd finally got one, 9 days later it had to go back to the garage I bought it from due to the head gasket was starting to go. I have him the option of giving me my hard earned money back (I'm an apprentice) or fixing the issue. He agreed to fix the issue and arranged to pick it up via a transporter on Friday the 10th.

Finally on Sunday the 12th someone arrived to pick it up and he dropped a rust bucket of a fiesta off, (a car nonetheless I thought) and has messed me about until now when the car is apparently ready. He's ignored phone calls and numerous messages about keeping me updated on what was going on, and finally tonight he makes contact saying the car is ready for me to pick up. He wants me to put more fuel in the fiesta to drive about an hour and a half away to pick my alfa up and drop his car off. Which will no doubt have not much left of the 3rd of a tank it went away with.

What I want to know is does he have to bring the car back to me or will I have to go and pick it up? I'm getting fed up and just want my baby back!

Thanks in advance for any help guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Lincolnshire
Garage
Do you want their mechanic thrashingdriving your baby for ninety minutes to your home? They are unlikely to use the transporter as both your car and the courtesy car are driveable.
If it were me I would go and fetch it. Either way the fuel in the tank is going to be used up.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > General Alfa Discussion

Tags
147 , alfa , issue , repair

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page