Is this normal ? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
General Alfa Discussion Strictly Alfa Romeo talk only!

(Post Link) post #1 of 36 Old 24-01-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: North Yorkshire
Is this normal ?

I have recently purchased an 06 plate GT JTDm 1.9 diesel and I cannot take my eyes off it. When I am not driving it, I am curtain twitching constantly just to marvel at its beauty. My girlfriend says its only a car, understandable as she only drives an Audi A3 !
is this behaviour normal ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Durty dog

Perfectly normal alfa behaviour, carry on

AO Member

County: Western Cape
got mine a year and a bit ago and still find myself staring and then giggling
(Post Link) post #4 of 36 Old 24-01-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Phew thanks folks......I thought I was coming down with a strange fetish !
crazycarb

I'll be showing both my V6 GTV & my spider this year at cars on the green in Bury st Edmunds as I get so much enjoyment from looking at them, I'll share with others.
The spider was very much admired by many last year.

(Post Link) post #6 of 36 Old 24-01-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycarb View Post
I'll be showing both my V6 GTV & my spider this year at cars on the green in Bury st Edmunds as I get so much enjoyment from looking at them, I'll share with others.
The spider was very much admired by many last year.
The spider truly is a thing of beauty ! GTV isnt bad either ! Great stuff !
VO2Max

Keep calm and carry on. This is entirely normal behaviour.

However, be warned that unless you start paying your gf more attention than you are now, she will leave you. She will resent the way your eyes furtively dart up and down the gorgeous curves of the GT, leaving you obviously excited - the way you used to with her..

She will resent the way you spend TWO HOURS washing the GT while she languishes alone and seemingly unloved in the lounge, watching crap on the telly.

You must sweep her up in your manly arms NOW and go and take a shower with her immediately! Get a good eyeful as you do so, old chap, and you have fulfilled all necessary criteria to maintain your relationship.

No need to thank me, just doing my AO duty .

VO2Max

Oh, and next time you refuel her, take the missus for a nice meal. Can you see the like for like pattern emerging here? This will prevent any potential jealousy by nipping it in the bud.

Disclaimer: Complications may occur when you take the GT to the garage for an oil change, DO NOT GET CONFUSED! But what I would say is this: always use an Independent Alfa service agent - you can trust them and you won't go far wrong!

(Post Link) post #9 of 36 Old 24-01-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VO2Max View Post
Keep calm and carry on. This is entirely normal behaviour.

However, be warned that unless you start paying your gf more attention than you are now, she will leave you. She will resent the way your eyes furtively dart up and down the gorgeous curves of the GT, leaving you obviously excited - the way you used to with her..

She will resent the way you spend TWO HOURS washing the GT while she languishes alone and seemingly unloved in the lounge, watching crap on the telly.

You must sweep her up in your manly arms NOW and go and take a shower with her immediately! Get a good eyeful as you do so, old chap, and you have fulfilled all necessary criteria to maintain your relationship.

No need to thank me, just doing my AO duty .
This explains a lot. I wondered why she was suggestively urging me to buy a Skoda Octavia Estate after I had viewed the GT. I thought it was because of the £30 per year Eco tax, however that seems a little odd now judging by her jealous behaviour at this time.
I will do as you say sir and I would just like to thank you for this advice.
Relationship could be on a knife edge and I did not realise.

VO2Max

You need to know celtic, the good folk of AO are here for you.

(Post Link) post #11 of 36 Old 24-01-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Oh, and next time you refuel her, take the missus for a nice meal. Can you see the like for like pattern emerging here? This will prevent any potential jealousy by nipping it in the bud.

Disclaimer: Complications may occur when you take the GT to the garage for an oil change, DO NOT GET CONFUSED! But what I would say is this: always use an Independent Alfa service agent - you can trust them and you won't go far wrong!
Dr Phil has got nothing on you. Thank you again.

Maybe take her for a nice Italian............emmmm maybe not ! Resentment could be too strong at this time
VO2Max

Who is Dr Phil? And what magazine are you reading!

VO2Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticbhoy View Post
Maybe take her for a nice Italian...
Um, I wouldn't take her out for 'a nice Italian' if I were you, she might misconstrue you and see it as a way of wreaking revenge!

(Post Link) post #14 of 36 Old 24-01-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Who is Dr Phil? And what magazine are you reading!
He is a Quasi type doctor advice thingy who was on Oprah ! Hope that clears it up !
(Post Link) post #15 of 36 Old 24-01-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Um, I wouldn't take her out for 'a nice Italian' if I were you, she might misconstrue you and see it as a way of wreaking revenge!
I have visions of her cleaning my car with a scouring pad feigning innocence. Indian or Chinese it is then !
AO Member

County: Essex

Member car:

GT Cloverleaf SE

Glad I am not alone in this behaviour. Another new gt owner
VO2Max

After 25 years of Alfa-ownership, I'm new to GT's too!

(Post Link) post #18 of 36 Old 24-01-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickco View Post
Glad I am not alone in this behaviour. Another new gt owner
Congrats. Car looks fantastic !
(Post Link) post #19 of 36 Old 24-01-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
After 25 years of Alfa-ownership, I'm new to GT's too!
Also you have a nice road bike ! Wiliers are great rides !
VO2Max

Aha, another bikie, I must introduce you online to a chap here called Happy Man sometime!

VO2Max

You in a club Celtic?

What bikes do you have?

Bet you're looking forward to the Grand Départ this year! Does the Tour come anywhere near you? Only about 10 miles from me!

(Post Link) post #22 of 36 Old 24-01-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

I was in a club but found it a bit restrictive. Myself and my cycling friends felt we could train harder and enjoy our cycling more without the 'club runs'.
I use a 48/12 fixie for the winter months. I built it myself. It looks terrible but is a workhorse.
I use a Giant OCR as my Turbo bike for when the weather is inclement.
For my 'summer' bike, I have an Orbea Onix from 2009. It came with Tiagra but I upgraded to Dura-Ace and put some nice Reynolds wheels on it. I actually haven't rode on a better frame. It is very stiff in the BB and very comfortable.

I think the closest it comes to me is Leyburn or Harrogate which is about 35 miles away. Great for the County of Yorkshire but they miss so much of the great climbs around the area.
AO Platinum Member

County: Neath Port Talbot
You need to see a Doctor as you're infected with a virus. Trouble is, it's incureable
AO Platinum Member

County: Kent
VO2Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticbhoy View Post
I was in a club but found it a bit restrictive. Myself and my cycling friends felt we could train harder and enjoy our cycling more without the 'club runs'.
I use a 48/12 fixie for the winter months. I built it myself. It looks terrible but is a workhorse.
I use a Giant OCR as my Turbo bike for when the weather is inclement.
For my 'summer' bike, I have an Orbea Onix from 2009. It came with Tiagra but I upgraded to Dura-Ace and put some nice Reynolds wheels on it. I actually haven't rode on a better frame. It is very stiff in the BB and very comfortable.

I think the closest it comes to me is Leyburn or Harrogate which is about 35 miles away. Great for the County of Yorkshire but they miss so much of the great climbs around the area.

Finding a club that is right for you is important. Or try joining two clubs, 1st and 2nd claim? I'm lucky, I've been a member of my closest local club for years and years. I'm pretty well the only one who still races, so I joined another club a few miles up the road. They're affiliated to the local racing league and I always get a ride when I want one.

So I have one club for clubruns in the early winter and for weekends when there is no race, plus the social side with the odd weekend away. And my other club for late winter training camps in Spain, roadracing and time trialling with a bit of healthy peer competition, and the odd journey abroad to see the Ghent-Wevelgem or something, or maybe the Tour when it's near the Channel coast. As you probably will have found, all the bikies within a 50 mile radius know each other, it's quite 'incestuous' with guys and gals from different clubs all generally getting on with each other, so no problem about being in two clubs so long as you're a good, contributing member of each.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > General Alfa Discussion

Tags
normal

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page