Alfa Romeo sponsoring new show on Channel 4 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
General Alfa Discussion Strictly Alfa Romeo talk only!

RSK

Alfa Romeo sponsoring new show on Channel 4

Just seen an ad on C4, something called "Don't look down" a documentary about an urban free climber scrambling up various bridges, towers without the aid of a harness etc

An intriguing decision by the marketing department. What's the hidden message, exciting but with potential to go horribly wrong perhaps ????

[color=gray]Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Oxfordshire
Haha - in isolation i'd be thinking along the same lines as you but fortunately I think they're sponsoring a number of Channel 4 programs including 'Speed with Guy Martin', which is a bit more fitting!

I'm more concerned that they're doing this sponsorship without having the new brochures in the showrooms or the configurator updated. Seems arse about face to me, but hey, I'm merely a prospective buyer - what do I know!
AO Silver Member

County: Lancashire
At least they seem to be investing some money in something for a change!
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulietta

I saw the bumper-ads on Speed last night. Thought they were pretty good in themselves - no guff, just "here's the car looking good".

Shame that the dealers don't have the promotional material yet, and the website should really lead with the new Giulietta, as that's the focus of this campaign. (regarding web searches, it's a ***** of a name to spell if you don't speak Italian, or don't know how to spell it - "Milano" was a better choice, but we know they couldn't use it)
AO Platinum Member

County: Riviera
They want to annoy and alienate TV viewers with ta "sponsored by" message?
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulietta

It's a short ad either end of the commercial break, of about 2 x 5 seconds duration. It's hardly annoying.

By comparison, the self-promotional trailer for another Channel 4 programme that runs next to it is twice as long. And the commercials in between are much longer.
AO Platinum Member

County: Riviera
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisW View Post
It's a short ad either end of the commercial break, of about 2 x 5 seconds duration. It's hardly annoying.
Any advertising that occurs more than once during a programme is annoying.

As are post main-titles, pre end-titles adverts.

it's just rampant Americanization of British TV. no one asks for it, no one wants it.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulietta

Quote:
Any advertising that occurs more than once during a programme is annoying.
You mustn't have watched any TV in the last decade, then. Even non-sponsorship ads are repeatedly run through breaks, often more than one ad per break.

I've never seen post-opening or pre-close ad-breaks on any UK network. The worst offender, Sky, routinely places breaks at approximately 6 minutes in, but that's long after opening credits. ITV/C4 are much better with keeping down the number of breaks. It's nowhere near the pestilence of ads on US network TV, even ten years ago when I regularly visited the country (and don't talk to me about radio!).

(An aside: I'm always struck by how much ad space on satellite-only channels is devoted to high-interest finance products, goods-on-credit homewares, gambling products, and debt consolidation services)
Durty dog

Alfa were also sponsoring the fast and furious 5 movie last night.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > General Alfa Discussion

Tags
alfa , channel , romeo , show , sponsoring

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page