Buy 147 to play with or upgrade 156sw? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
General Alfa Discussion Strictly Alfa Romeo talk only!

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 09-01-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Greater Manchester

Member car:

147 1.6ts

Thumbs Up Buy 147 to play with or upgrade 156sw?

Ive been looking for a change for a while now but I do love the smiles I get from my alfa. I have been considering changing my 156sw for a 147 to play with but as you lot probably know more than me would you bother or are there bits I can do to my 156 to make it even more fun... its the 1.8twinspark by the way..

Cheers in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 1014
County: Dorset
Garage
The 156 sw is a better car. More practical and handles better as it has better weight distribution so good for trackdays.

Engine: Engine mods are hard as there isn't a huge amount to which give massive gains unless you spend big cash. Exhaust and a remap will give you a bit.
Suspension: coilovers(KW's), eibach arbs, polybushed suspension, strut braces etc
Brakes: brembo brakes from a GTA or a GTV, braided lines

Have you considered a 1.9 16v DRV the can be made very quick with little money. BTW I swaped from a 1.9 to a GTA at your age but when I went from my 1.8 to my 1.9 at 19 my insurance didn't change ( I only mention it as you said last night about your age etc)

BMW E12 M535i, JC racing diff, Gaz coilover, Powerflex.
Alfa 156 GTA, Q2, Super sprint, CF2, EQ, KW coilovers, Eibach rollbars, Powerflex.
GitList Member but not as high as Keithy! No Gibbo....I don't need a haircut AO Troublemaker! You have been warned
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 10-01-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Greater Manchester

Member car:

147 1.6ts

I think shes going to be staying for a little while yet... shes done me proud for the last 18months and with the money ive spent (only general maintenance to be fair timing belt, brakes, bushes new rad wheel bearings etc) it would seem silly to get shut and start over on the same jobs.. haha...

Ive been toying with the idea of a diesel and ive had diesels before (admittedly not alfas) and they just havent been as much fun... theres something about the noise you just dont get the same from a diesel...

Mot due next month so I was thinking next job maybe a decat pipe and new exhaust any ideas welcome...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > General Alfa Discussion

Tags
147 , 156sw , buy , play , upgrade

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page