Giulietta or wait it out.... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
General Alfa Discussion Strictly Alfa Romeo talk only!

(Post Link) post #1 of 17 Old 05-01-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Essex
Giulietta or wait it out....

...for the Giulia?
My 159Ti will be three years old coming up in June. I have tended to change every three years, but....would you wait for the new one or trade in on a Giulietta?
I'm thinking that a Giulietta for three years would give the Giulia time to "settle in", assuming we do get to actually see it next year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: Neath Port Talbot
Drive one, a 2014 variety with the upgrades & see how you get on
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulietta

You might find Giulietta a bit small after 159, especially if you drive long distances, but try one.
AO Platinum Member

County: Kent
No smaller on the inside though.
(Post Link) post #5 of 17 Old 05-01-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisW View Post
You might find Giulietta a bit small after 159, especially if you drive long distances, but try one.
Yeah, this is a concern I had. BTW, I'm from Cork, well ...Cobh actually.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulietta

Small world.. I've friends living in Cobh, but they're not from there.. I'm fairly familiar with the inside of the Roaring Donkey, though
AO Member

County: Etela-Suomen Laani
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketi View Post
...for the Giulia?
My 159Ti will be three years old coming up in June. I have tended to change every three years, but....would you wait for the new one or trade in on a Giulietta?
I'm thinking that a Giulietta for three years would give the Giulia time to "settle in", assuming we do get to actually see it next year.
If you wait for the Giulia, you might have to wait another 2 years. I reckon it will be out early 2016, no sooner.

As for the Giulietta, if you are not bothered about it being "just" a hatchback family car instead of a cool sports saloon, then go for it. Coming from a tbi 159 I do think you'd have to go for the QV or you'd feel short changed.
(Post Link) post #8 of 17 Old 06-01-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisW View Post
Small world.. I've friends living in Cobh, but they're not from there.. I'm fairly familiar with the inside of the Roaring Donkey, though
The Donk used to be my local. I've played many a gig in there over the years.
(Post Link) post #9 of 17 Old 06-01-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs178 View Post
If you wait for the Giulia, you might have to wait another 2 years. I reckon it will be out early 2016, no sooner.

As for the Giulietta, if you are not bothered about it being "just" a hatchback family car instead of a cool sports saloon, then go for it. Coming from a tbi 159 I do think you'd have to go for the QV or you'd feel short changed.
The Sportiva looks nice enough. Maybe I'll try one for a couple years. By then perhaps the Giulia, with any teething problems sorted, might be available.
AO Silver Member

County: West Sussex
Faced with the same problem I bought a low mileage Brera S, loving it.

As and when (IF?) the Giulia gets here, I would expect it to be relatively expensive in the sector to fit in with Marchionne's Brand Aspirations. I have a feeling in my bones that it will make the 159 look like a bargain.
The "Upper Medium" sector in the UK is half of what it was in 2007, so the car will have to be very profitable to finance its development.
Renault/Nissan abandoned this sector to concentrate on SUV's and people carriers and have done extremely well with the Qashquai. I just don't see there being a rush to get the Giulia into the marketplace at present.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulietta

I think you're right. After the criticism of Giulietta at launch for its cheap interior finish, I suspect Giulia will have a lot more spent on the bits you touch, and as a result will be closer to Audi money than Volkswagen when/if it arrives.
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeX159 View Post
As and when (IF?) the Giulia gets here, I would expect it to be relatively expensive in the sector to fit in with Marchionne's Brand Aspirations. I have a feeling in my bones that it will make the 159 look like a bargain.
The "Upper Medium" sector in the UK is half of what it was in 2007, so the car will have to be very profitable to finance its development.
Renault/Nissan abandoned this sector to concentrate on SUV's and people carriers and have done extremely well with the Qashquai. I just don't see there being a rush to get the Giulia into the marketplace at present.
The Qashqai may have replaced the Almera but Nissan has not abandoned the non SUV sector . There have been spy pics of a Golf competitor and they have
Infiniti: High performance cars, photos, prices of new luxury cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cue2 View Post
The Qashqai may have replaced the Almera but Nissan has not abandoned the non SUV sector . There have been spy pics of a Golf competitor and they have
Infiniti: High performance cars, photos, prices of new luxury cars
Fair point, although Nissan have done VERY well by changing to the Qashqai format. 6th best seller in the UK and only 15,000 units behind the VW Golf. Fashions may change of course and they may now see some scope for the family hatchback again.

Infiniti is a whole new ball game however - more like Maserati is to Alfa (but not as nice naturally)
AO Platinum Member

They were virtually giving infinitis away on lease in Italy a while back according to a friend there.
AO Platinum Member

County: Hampshire
Garage

Member car:

159 2.0 JTDM Ti

Nissan's new success cant really be compared to thier previous failure because the previous car was aweful, not because it was a saloon but because it was a rubbish car, the Qashqai is not a rubbish car and hence it is selling well, not because it is an SUV
AO Platinum Member

However good a new Almera had been , it would not have sold without being the fashionable SUV shape?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > General Alfa Discussion

Tags
giulietta , wait

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page