Well, it has been a while hasn’t it? But we did promise something to spice up the forum and here we have the long awaited Car of the Year competition.
Format is the same as the one back in 2009: there will be one winner for each (sort of) model lounge and then an additional poll for the overall car of the year…so there will be up to several Lounge Winners, one of whom will also be the overall winner.
The overall winner will receive a one year Premio subscription to the Alfaowner Club
as prize and AO Car of the Year in their profile.
All Lounge winners will earn the right to have Lounge Name
Lounge Winner in their profile.
Here are the Lounges that are in the competition:
- Alfa 145 & 146
- Alfa 147, 156 & GT
- Alfa 155
- Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider
- Alfa 164 & 166
- Alfa 33, Sud & Sprint
- Alfa 75, RZ, SZ
- Alfa GTA
- Alfa GTV & 916 Spider
- Alfa MiTo
- Alfa Giulietta
- The Classic Alfa Romeos
1. There will be a period of about two weeks from this post to nominate or enter a car.
2. The Mods and Admin will confirm the eligibility of cars. However, if we get 3 or less cars nominated in a Lounge, the competition for such lounge won't be run.
3. Polls will be set up to allow voting for each model lounge, these will run for two weeks.
4. A winner will be declared for each lounge.
5. A final poll, consisting of all the lounge winners will be set up and run for about one week.
6. An overall winner will be announced.
1. Entry is by posting one picture in this thread, or link to a picture, with the Lounge it is nominated for (see Rules below).
2. You must include brief details of the car and the reason(s) why you are putting it forward for consideration.
1. Entrants with more than one car are allowed to have their other cars be nominated in the respective lounges, but only one per lounge.
2. Nominations can only be provided for other AOer's cars. You must have the car owners' consent and you may nominate a maximum of one car per lounge.
3. Voting will be public and closely monitored by alfaowner.com staff.
4. Any vote rigging, or behaviour not considered to be in the spirit of the "competition", will be dealt with severely.
5. Vote rigging consists of organised campaigns, use of additional or multiple accounts, coercion, promoting membership for voting purposes or any other method to increase votes for one entrant, against the spirit of the competition.
6. The recipient of the vote rigging will be removed from the contest and sanctions may be imposed on the participants.
7. Decisions made to remove pictures/votes or impose sanctions will be the result of at least two Mods or Admin agreeing the sanction; and not open for further discussion.
8. Alfaowner.com reserve the right to end the competition early or amend the rules, in the event of error or abuse of the process.
9. Any questions should be directed to BigFoot
10. Finally...please do not undermine this light hearted competition, ruining the hard work of all involved and the forum, or spoil it for the car/owners nominated.
May the Games begin