Interesting facts about alfa romeo - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
General Alfa Discussion Strictly Alfa Romeo talk only!

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 27-10-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: East Riding of Yorkshire

Member car:

Interesting facts about alfa romeo

Now I normally only come on when I need advice but thought I would give a little back for a change.

The other day a bloke from work said hey your into your alfas aren't you I have just the book for you and never turning my back on generosity accepted this book kindly.

The book is called Alfa Romeo strangely enough and written by Peter Hull

Some interesting facts

Alfa Romeo was set up when a chap called Nicola Romeo bought the Alfa car company in 1919 with the first Alfa Romeos been produced in 1921 interesting I thought.

Next up the gorgeous 159 was actually named after the type 159 Alfa Romeo formula 1 car of the late 40's early 50 and it most famous driver Juan Manuel Fangio. These cars with just a 1.5L engine produced over 400bhp and did just a mile and a half to a gallon of fuel.

Another fact I never knew was that one Enzo Ferrari use to work for Alfa Romeo up until around 1936 when he left to form Scuderia Ferrari.

Now I know some of you may already know all the info above but I never

This Peter Hull chap also thinks once an Alfa man always an Alfa man ! Well I can see we're he's coming from because I've had 2 Alfas up to now but I can see myself with a few more in the years ahead maybe another 159 ti, Julietta and the long term dream the new 4C but not for a long time as I don't have a spare £50.000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

Yes.. kitten pee (para 4) is to be avoided.

Ralf S.

County: -

Member car:

alfa159

Once an Alfa Man, Always an Alfa Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddleg View Post
Now I normally only come on when I need advice but thought I would give a little back for a change.

The other day a bloke from work said hey your into your alfas aren't you I have just the book for you and never turning my back on generosity accepted this book kindly.

The book is called Alfa Romeo strangely enough and written by Peter Hull

Some interesting facts

Alfa Romeo was set up when a chap called Nicola Romeo bought the Alfa car company in 1919 with the first Alfa Romeos been produced in 1921 interesting I thought.

Next up the gorgeous 159 was actually named after the type 159 Alfa Romeo formula 1 car of the late 40's early 50 and it most famous driver Juan Manuel Fangio. These cars with just a 1.5L engine produced over 400bhp and did just a mile and a half to a gallon of fuel.

Another fact I never knew was that one Enzo Ferrari use to work for Alfa Romeo up until around 1936 when he left to form Scuderia Ferrari.

Now I know some of you may already know all the info above but I never

This Peter Hull chap also thinks once an Alfa man always an Alfa man ! Well I can see we're he's coming from because I've had 2 Alfas up to now but I can see myself with a few more in the years ahead maybe another 159 ti, Julietta and the long term dream the new 4C but not for a long time as I don't have a spare £50.000

I totally agree with Peter Hull. I own Alfa Romeo cars since 1978 till now. First was Alfasud Sprint 1.3 for 6 years, than Alfa Romeo Giulietta 1.6 for 28 years. Now is Alfa Romeo 159 JTS 2.2.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > General Alfa Discussion

Tags
alfa , facts , interesting , romeo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page