Mystery T33 Stradale Replica - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
General Alfa Discussion Strictly Alfa Romeo talk only!

(Post Link) post #1 of 9 Old 18-10-13 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Nova T33/1.5

Mystery T33 Stradale Replica

Hi everyone - been a while since I've posted on the forum, mainly because the Green Machine hasn't turned a wheel since last year!

Anyway, I just happened to be watching the One Show earlier this evening (Fri 18th October), and there was a short article about baby owls at an old airfield in Essex, which is home to Russell Savoury's RS Performance workshop. Anyway, when Mr Savoury isn't photographing baby owls (they were very cute, by the way), he works on performance cars, including this one...

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps75520a5a.jpg

Now you can't fool me with a set of rubbish big wheels and low profile rubber. That is a T33 Stradale replica...

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps24094b98.jpg

Note rear panel on the ground. Note also, rear panel on the car. That is two rear panels. You can clearly see the indentations for the grilles to exhaust air from the wheel arches, just like Franco Scaglione intended...

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps599fd271.jpg

This is the best view I could get of the engine. It is transversely mounted and looks like a 4-cylinder, but I am rubbish at recognising modern engines.

I know I have been out of touch for a while, but does anyone know who made/is making this car? Duplicate panels suggest it is not a one-off. RS make an Elise thing called an RS Evo which might be the basis. Anyone have any ideas???

Lauren

Alfanauts are GO!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Rosso Alfa Member

County: Bristol
Can't help with that Lauren but it's good too see you here again

Unregistered

County: Lancashire
What the fella with the beard and glasses said
AO Platinum Member

County: Durham
I saw that too.
(Post Link) post #5 of 9 Old 19-10-13 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Nova T33/1.5

Thanks guys, I promise I won't be away for so long in the future.

The more I think about it, the more it looks like this might be a re-body kit for something like an Elise. Good idea, but like those MR2 based Fezzas, not very original...

It would be nice to see a Stradale on the road though!

I'll keep an eye on what Mr Savoury is up to, I know at least one person who would be very interested in taking a set of panels and building a proper Alfa-based T33...

Lauren
mudhut

I'm going to come out of hibernation for this one. Not on here much recently and for the forseeable unless something worthwhile turns up, like this thread.

I also saw the One Show (by accident, I must say) and dismissed this car when I saw the engine. I probably should have taken more notice. You are looking at a Vauxhall Ecotec engine here and that makes it highly likely that the underlying car is a VX220, I'd say. Could also be an Elise then, with the better VX engine fitted.

Hope your project is moving along - looking forward to the result.

AO Rosso Alfa Member

County: Bristol
Pete

(Post Link) post #8 of 9 Old 19-10-13 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Nova T33/1.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhut View Post
I'm going to come out of hibernation for this one. Not on here much recently and for the forseeable unless something worthwhile turns up, like this thread.

I also saw the One Show (by accident, I must say) and dismissed this car when I saw the engine. I probably should have taken more notice. You are looking at a Vauxhall Ecotec engine here and that makes it highly likely that the underlying car is a VX220, I'd say. Could also be an Elise then, with the better VX engine fitted.

Hope your project is moving along - looking forward to the result.
Thanks for clearing up that mystery for me. Looks like it is just the body panels that would be of interest to the prospective T33 Stradale owner then.

Yes, Green Machine is moving forward, slowly. Interior design can be soooo slow!

Lauren
mudhut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Pete
Dave!

I've just shown the pictures to my son who used to own a VX220. He's had a good look and is sure it's one of them.

Here are his observations:
Wheels, seats, sills, front edge of door, angle and look of the screen surround and the screen itself are all VX. The rise of the front wings over the wheels is very VX as is the front overhang. Would be good to get a close up look at this car to see how it's been done. He was quite impressed by what little he could see.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > General Alfa Discussion

Tags
mystery , replica , stradale , t33

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page