Need Advice on buying spider - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
General Alfa Discussion Strictly Alfa Romeo talk only!

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 22-09-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: East Sussex

Member car:

***** Spider

Need Advice on buying spider

Hi guys, Iv had 2 spiders, a 1998and 2001, lovely silver with red upholstery, sadly the lst was written off by a german lorry driver and the 2nd has a lot of problems so im looking to get a newer model. Ive seen a 2.2, 11,000 miles on the clock with a dealer but they want £18,500 for it - its 2010 model, I would have thought a 3 yr old spider with that mileage would be more in the region oof £14,500. Would appreciate some imput here - im not about to buy one till November as im hoping they will be cheaper. This cars been on the market for months....................thanks in anticipation of some good advice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Essex

Member car:

GQV TCT

That sounds steep. Italia independents (Matt grey) go for £18k.
(Post Link) post #3 of 5 Old 23-09-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

***** Spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by via el diablo View Post
That sounds steep. Italia independents (Matt grey) go for £18k.
thanks, I think that must have sold, I just looked, this one was grey and had done only 11,000 miles but I feel a car that's 3 yrs old bearing in mind the price new, its too much. Perhaps in November, when it isn't selling, they might do a deal or a good PX. I paid £13,000 for my last spider in 2005, 4 yrs old and l7,000 miles on the clock. Its got a new hood and tyres, new front and back badges, but the windows stuck, and the bodywork needs doing up in a few places. Once things start going wrong with a car that age, it never ends so I think its time to trade her in.........wish I were a mechanic and could respray "Agatha" myself, everyone loves her from little boys to old ladies. The last model I feels much more sleek a look than the present one which of course is also now discontinued. Has the new model been launched yet? I saw a photo of it and it didn't bear any resemblance to a spider...........
(Post Link) post #4 of 5 Old 28-09-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

***** Spider

Im off to see a 2008 spider on monday, i cant remember, does it have the back shelf and compartment where the battery is - my 2001 spider has it and space behind the seats where i put all my camping gear - so wouldnt be worth buying a newer model without that space..........???
AO Member

County: Varese
Autumn is good time for buying a spider. I bought mine (1750TBi,2009,19t km) for 12t euro (10.5t £). Firstly the seller refused my offer but half a day of rain and cold weather made him change his mind. After I got the whole week of driving with open roof
I am in continental Europe and I see prices of spiders dropping 4t compared to July. Patience pays off. Good luck

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > General Alfa Discussion

Tags
advice , buying , spider

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page