Sell or trade in my GTV Twinny - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
General Alfa Discussion Strictly Alfa Romeo talk only!

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 05-09-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Greater London
Help Sell or trade in my GTV Twinny

A new arrival in the family means I'm having to get rid of my beloved GTV, as discussed here:
https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/gener...uld-i-get.html

I'm pretty sold on a GT now, but I'm a little unsure as to the best way to move my GTV on.

The car is mechanically brilliant, with literally tons of stuff done, from front and rear suspension (rear powerflexed), all discs / pads, new wheels (GTA teles), tyres, radiator, water pump, timing belt, clutch (inc master and slave cylinders) and countless other things. No expense spared from a mechanical point of view. The engine is sweet (burns no oil) with 90k on the clock.

The problem I've got is the bodywork is very rough. I park on the street in London and it's had everything from bike pedals scraping along the side, a small 2p sized hole in the bonnet, to some builders actually dropping a load of wood on the passenger door (now has two small dents).

I had always planned to wait till I get a place with a driveway and have it re-sprayed, but that just never ended up happening.

So the average Joe is not going to want this car. I figure I either need to trade it in, or sell to an Alfisti who's willing to do the cosmetic work to make it a good one.

What do you guys think? (I'm sure I'll get an absolutely derisive offer for a trade in.)

GT JTS Cloverleaf (current)
GTV Twinnie with Cup kit (ex)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

crazycarb

Should make a good entry level car for an Alfa enthusiast on a tight budget. Put the no. into "we buy any car" and see their offer. Thats roughly what you'll get on a trade in, maybe more if the dealer has a good profit margin on your next buy.
Hopefully an enthusiast will come along who recognises that mechanics are far more important than a bit of bodywork that can be corrected in time.

(Post Link) post #3 of 7 Old 05-09-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Well hilariously that said 245. I'd hope to get more than that in a private sale.
AO Silver Member

County: Cambridgeshire
Sounds like what I'm after, pity I have no cash at the mo!!
I'd give you 250 for it
AO Silver Member

Im sure you could get 500 for it. I have spend the last two weeks looking for a car below 500 and it there really isnt much you can get. even some of the GTVs that have come up on gumtree for that price were in need of some work mechanically.. when you sell for that sort of price bodywork isnt as important and im sure you will get interest as someone will be looking for a GTV to "do up"
AO Silver Member

County: Aberdeenshire
So from a value point of view, the bodywork is far more important than the mechanicals?

I would happily pay more for a mechanically perfect/rough body car than a mechanically shafted/mint body car. After all, you can get a pro respray for 1000. But the same money might only get you a cambelt and a clutch done.

Get the dent's and scratches fixed with smart repairs and detail the rest. Sell her for 1500. If the mechanics are sound, then with the body work sorted she is worth it.
(Post Link) post #7 of 7 Old 26-09-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

She's now in the classifieds section and also on eBay. I've already had a good offer so looks like all is not lost! Alfa Romeo Classifieds - Auctions - GTV 2.0 T-SPARK 16V Lusso with Cup Kit - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > General Alfa Discussion

Tags
gtv , sell , trade , twinny

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page