2014 Spider - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
General Alfa Discussion Strictly Alfa Romeo talk only!

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 12-07-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Dublin

Member car:

Giulietta Veloce

2014 Spider

I'm going to have a look at a Subaru BRZ with a friend tomorrow and its got me thinking about reasonably priced semi sporty cars... The 4C would be a little too much for my needs & is a bit out of budget for me. But I'm really looking forward to the new Spider and am really hoping that they manage to price it as cost effective two seater for the masses, a bit like the MX5, but with some Alfa flair.

I've read as much as I can find online, but was wondering what the consensus is here, will it be affordable? If it goes on sale at some stage next year, it'll probably be right on time for me.

So what do we know about it so far? 120 + 170bhp turbo engines...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulietta

Well, for facts: It'll be cheaper than the 4C, it'll be Rear-wheel drive, and it'll be built in Japan by Mazda. The models will differ in drivetrains, interior and bodywork. There is no engine or transmission sharing, unless Mazda are going to use one of FIAT's transmissions or diesel engines

Mazda say their one will weigh under 1000 kg. I don't really know how achievable that'll be if they want to make it cheap enough, refined enough, and well-appointed enough to appeal to a broad market.

It will probably have the 4-cylinder 1.4 engines only. My guess is 1150kg, with 105 (atmospheric) and 140 or 185 (turbo) bhp MultiAir engines. I don't see a market for diesel for this car, but then, they made a diesel Brera, so who knows...

But... it won't be on sale next year 2015 is the scheduled launch date for both the Mazda and Alfa cars.
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 13-07-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Dublin

Member car:

Giulietta Veloce

Thanks for the response, 2015 seems like a long time away...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > General Alfa Discussion

Tags
2014 , spider

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page