Auto italia stanford hall 2013 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
General Alfa Discussion Strictly Alfa Romeo talk only!

(Post Link) post #1 of 8 Old 07-07-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Nottinghamshire
Well Happy Auto italia stanford hall 2013

Firstly, we should all show our appreciation to the organisers of this years AI show. Awesome cars on show... Personal favorites included the huge Alfa showing, Ferrari Enzo, and particulary nice 155 and 2 alfettas in the show ring. My only comment was that i was slightly peturbed that not one of the major italian manufacturers had bothered to have any representation from their regional dealer network. As to the argument of costs.. A couple of staff, some display cars, pamplets and stuff from the showroom, coffee etc...doesnt cost alot in the greater scheme of things. Especially as apparently they are all struggling in the economic enviroment and want us to buy their products. Just a thought........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Spacecadet

It was a good day out. The Abarth people had a big stand and a plane, so they did well.

On the costs front, I'd guess it was expensive for sellers. After all, at 12 a head to get entry, I can only imagine what a commercial group would have been charged. That's my only niggle with these events. The cars are the attraction, but the drivers and passengers have to pay a lot to be there. It is t like shows like Pistonheads were your 20 gets you quality catering and a slick show site your money gets you a field, a burger van, an ice cream can, and four traders.

Given the number of cars and people there yesterday, someone made a fortune. I wonder who it was?

[color=gray]Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color]

AO Silver Member

County: Lincolnshire
Garage
I have had an invitation from Piccadilly Motors (Knaresborough Alfa dealer) to visit their stand at the Great Yorkshire Show. Clearly some dealers are taking stands at shows (if not car specific shows). There again the showground is only just down the road in Harrogate so perhaps they felt obliged to support something local.
AO Member

County: Cheshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMac View Post

Given the number of cars and people there yesterday, someone made a fortune. I wonder who it was?

Yes, that would be Phil Ward of Auto Italia magazine and the chap who owns the hall...

Was your's the silver GTA? I was the facelift 156 Sport.

Nick
Spacecadet

Mine was a Miro Red estate down the back with the bonnet open for the duration of the time I was there! It has a huge chrome intake pipe which gained many positive comments.

AO Platinum Member

County: Neath Port Talbot
I agree the price was way OTT. 12 a car would have been better.
AO Silver Member

County: Oxfordshire
I contemplated going with one of the cars (a 3 Italian car family now that my Sister's just got a 13 plate MiTo Live), especially with the weather being a lot better than usual, but when I saw 12 per person I thought it was just too much. I'm sure it wasn't this much a couple of years ago when I went....?

With fuel from Oxford to Stanford and back plus the inevitable food/drink, that would've turned it into quite a pricey day out, and if I was that well-off I wouldn't be driving a 9 year old Fiat Stilo, so I stayed at home!

A shame as it looked good, but with the amount of people that attend each year, I can't see the need for the charge to be set so high. If people didn't take their cars, there would be no show
AO Platinum Member

County: Greater Manchester

Member car:

Office Chair.

Stanford is normally a good do. It persisted down last year and put me off this year. It did not rain .

I had been a good few times, saw Clarkson and co when they did the old Italian car thing. Never understood why they ask you to pay to show your own car. Many a wealthier person than I have turned down Stanford for that very reason, on 'principle'.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > General Alfa Discussion

Tags
2013 , auto , hall , italia , stanford

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page