Magnetic Attraction? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
General Alfa Discussion Strictly Alfa Romeo talk only!

(Post Link) post #1 of 13 Old 26-06-13 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Medio

Club Member Number: 729
County: Devon
Magnetic Attraction?

Recently bought what must be one of the best-condition 156 V6s from an alfaowner member. Promised to keep her in that condition, and yes, you might have guessed, I'm immediately challenged by the proximity-issue common to all users of shoppingcentre carparks.

So, I'm now finding the most isolated carparking-space that I can, to avoid the dings and dents.

B****r me ..... that ain't really helping her.

Is it that Alfas are so lovely that they attract and invite parking 'mates,' irrespective of walking distance from the paypoint?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Lincolnshire
Garage
(Post Link) post #3 of 13 Old 26-06-13 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Medio

Club Member Number: 729
County: Devon
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGr View Post
Just!!! Thanks.
AO Member

County: Newport
Garage
Just read this .... yes we always park our Alfas as far away as possible in Shopping Car parks, as I am sure you have guessed. Sometimes though there's another car parked next to our Alfa when we return. Grrrr! Don't mind when its a fellow Alfa driver though and frequently it is!! Not a bad thing. I always seem to be chatting to random alfisti at car parks and petrol stations. lol
AO Silver Member

County: Lancashire
Garage

Member car:

159 2.4 Ti

In the 3-4 week period where my 156 broke down (and was forced to share with the missus) my 159 has acquired approximately 7 new scratches in the doors on both sides. Since taking full ownership back, I have acquired none!

I'm not blaming Kath, but in her work she does have to take some of her elderly clients shopping....

I'm not normally paranoid, but when i now go to a supermarket car-park, i make a mental note of the car registrations surrounding mine!
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

M140i

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfatan View Post
Just read this .... yes we always park our Alfas as far away as possible in Shopping Car parks, as I am sure you have guessed. Sometimes though there's another car parked next to our Alfa when we return. Grrrr! Don't mind when its a fellow Alfa driver though and frequently it is!! Not a bad thing. I always seem to be chatting to random alfisti at car parks and petrol stations. lol
So that was you in the men's room?
PropWarp

I have started to do such things.... Lost 5lbs by walking to and from the furthest and dormant parking spot (I wish).

Rather difficult at Templemeads.. There is a car park for staff etc but a lot of people are careless and either throw their suitcases all over the place or just rush up to a parking spot and ding a door.. Not yet done for the 156 but when it does I will hunt the culprit down

AO Gold Member

County: Lancashire
Wierdly, last Sunday I arrived at a hospital car park and found an empty space next to a GT....so parked the 156 Sportwagon next to it......

Came back out about 15 minutes later (mate is on a stroke rehab unit and gets tired easily, hence short visits), and the GT had been moved from next to me to another spot about 50 feet away.....

Really confused me at first
AO Silver Member

County: Lincolnshire
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgwm View Post
Wierdly, last Sunday I arrived at a hospital car park and found an empty space next to a GT....so parked the 156 Sportwagon next to it......

Came back out about 15 minutes later (mate is on a stroke rehab unit and gets tired easily, hence short visits), and the GT had been moved from next to me to another spot about 50 feet away.....

Perhaps the GT had an inferiority complex
AO Member

County: Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgwm View Post

Well, I wouldn't want my GT parked next to a scabby SW!
AO Member

County: Queensland

Member car:

MiTo 1.4 TB TCT

These comments are kinda funny but true. I park my Mito as far as possible away from anybody. Basically at the end of the world behind a rock and when you come out of the supermarket there are at least 4 other cars parked around you. Whats wrong with some,people?? you gotta laugh but...
AO Member

County: Greater London
The other day I parked my Giulietta in the farthest reaches of a Sainsbury car park. As I'm trekking to the store, blow me if a lady doesn't park some big fat monstrosity right next to my car! She only had about 100 spaces to choose from. Astonishing!
AO Platinum Member

County: Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeO View Post
The other day I parked my Giulietta in the farthest reaches of a Sainsbury car park. As I'm trekking to the store, blow me if a lady doesn't park some big fat monstrosity right next to my car! She only had about 100 spaces to choose from. Astonishing!
And then they have the cheek to fold back the mirrors to protect them from you?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > General Alfa Discussion

Tags
attraction , magnetic

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page