Isit me or do u think Alfa need to up their Game. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
General Alfa Discussion Strictly Alfa Romeo talk only!

(Post Link) post #1 of 89 Old 15-06-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Greater London

Member car:

Alfa romeo GT

Isit me or do u think Alfa need to up their Game.

I do love alfas i think the car speaks for itself but i think they really need to get on board alil
i have a GT and ive been in love with it ever since i 1st saw it at the excel car show in london yeeaarrss ago

but i feel compared to another manufacturer they are way behind in terms of releasing cars and new and updated versions and models

the GT cant be the only coupe they have released in years and i can only think of 2 newish models the mito and giulietta, compared to others they are way behind the last alfa advert i have seen was the giulietta and that was years ago

surely just 4 hatchbacks , 1 coupe , and a saloon isnt going to cut it now days

if only alfa were brought buy a massive company built alot better but still designed by who ever designs them maybe the stigma around alfas will disappear just a thought....

go team alfa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT_love View Post
surely just 4 hatchbacks , 1 coupe , and a saloon isnt going to cut it now days
Where do you get that number from?

There is only:
MiTo & Giulietta

Plus if you ordered in time: 4C
AO Platinum Member

County: Kent
"if only alfa were brought buy a massive company "
Where would you like them brought to?
The range is two models; Mito and Giulietta . Together in Germany last month they sold 250 or so cars while BMW sold 6500 of their 3 series and Alfa don't even have an equivalent . The problem is that the European market is not making any money anyway so the big company , Fiat / Chrysler cannot justify investing here instead of USA , china and Brazil. But they do claim there's new Alfa product on the way and a US launch starting with the 4C. If a super light super car is the best reintro to that market , nobody knows!
AO Member

County: Hants

Member car:

GT...Golf GT

Peaks and troughs as I see it.

Only at present Alfa are at the bottom of a big trough, so us lot have plenty to moan about!

And hopefully something to look forward too? (aside from the 4C which most of us still can't afford)
(Post Link) post #5 of 89 Old 15-06-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa romeo GT

well i was thinking
hatchbacks: 147,brera, Mito, Giulietta,
Coupes: GT

thats it really RUBBISH

never ever seen a 8c Competizione on the road plus they are way 2 pricey and in that price range you could get something way better im sure there 100Grand + what a joke

ill tell u what alfa need

Alfa design but German built lol
(Post Link) post #6 of 89 Old 15-06-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa romeo GT

the Giulietta is probably the equivalent to a BMW 1 series 5d BUT in that range u go

1 series 5 door ( Plus a new model ) so thats 2
1 series 3 door
1 series 5 door M Sport
1 series 3 door M sport
1 series coupe
1 series coupe convert
1 series coupe M sport
not to forget the spec models like ES and SE etc lol

i love u alfa but please catch up even if its a lil bit lol
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
well i was thinking
hatchbacks: 147,brera, Mito, Giulietta,
Coupes: GT
147, GT & Brera all stopped in 2010.
AO Platinum Member

Coupes only sell in small numbers like 5000 VW Scirrocos at its peak a couple of years ago and you need to sell hundreds of thousands to cover investment costs for a new car.That's why the GT stopped and was not replaced. The Bmws share lots of bits like the GT did with the 156/147 .
If it sold in the other markets then it would be replaced, based on the Giulietta .
gibot123

The 159 was overseen by a German build quality etc.....
The biggest issue Alfa have is they have to share parts bin stuff with people who had much bigger market presence and cannot really compete directly?.
The 8c perfect example if they made it any better it would be in direct competion with other Italian marques and that just wouldn't be cricket

AO Member

Member car:

164 V6 Lusso

Quote:

ill tell u what alfa need

Alfa design but German built lol
(Post Link) post #11 of 89 Old 15-06-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa romeo GT

the thing is you cant compare the Scirrocos because there is nothing in alfas arsenal to compare it 2, looks wise the brera but how many scirrocos do u see compared with the brera the VW will win every time 7/1 or more

lets not forget who the VW group own n its atleast 7 other car manufacturer or 8 ,

i feel like if alfa kept who ever designs them but was under a umbrella like VW things will be much better for them as a company
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibot123 View Post
The 159 was overseen by a German build quality etc.....
they can't have been looking very closely...
(Post Link) post #13 of 89 Old 15-06-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa romeo GT

but an Alfa 8c for £150K+ no thanks

if it was 70K ok understandable but looking at it in a pictures you would never think it was 150Plus
thats Aston martin terrority

and not when it looks like the size of a Mercedes compressor lol come on
gibot123

Yes but this is the issue that they have already had. It has been 20 years since they built a true Alfa they have since then not been the same The best Alfas always came from there independence ? It is not just the styling that makes an Alfa it's the whole thing If you get a chance drive a Alfasud and then you will understand what I mean

AO Platinum Member

Quote:
but an Alfa 8c for £150K+ no thanks

if it was 70K ok understandable but looking at it in a pictures you would never think it was 150Plus
thats Aston martin terrority

and not when it looks like the size of a Mercedes compressor lol come on
I'm sure the number they intended to make all sold though and at considerably more money than the Maserati it was based on... so it did everything it was intended to do.

There is no way they could sell it at £70k ...
(Post Link) post #16 of 89 Old 15-06-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa romeo GT

to me personally it looks like a 40 or maybe 50K car

maybe its just me but it looks like a rival 2 all the Mecades CLs , BMW 3 Series, and maybe the Audi a5 or so. that sort of price range

thinking of 150k plus you wouldnt think of an alfa
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David C View Post
they can't have been looking very closely...
He came from BMW and went back having lumbered Alfa with an oversized 156 replacement based on a GM "premium" floor pan that GM didn't use.
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibot123 View Post
Yes but this is the issue that they have already had. It has been 20 years since they built a true Alfa they have since then not been the same The best Alfas always came from there independence ? It is not just the styling that makes an Alfa it's the whole thing If you get a chance drive a Alfasud and then you will understand what I mean
Sadly most Alfasud rusted away long before they had time to go wrong...!
That same lack of quality control continued in the same factory with every Alfa model built there, the last being the 159.
Fiat Panda are built there now, so expect the current model to be poorly built compared to the Polish build models...

Alfa need to get well away from there. If that means only having two models at the moment then so be it, there is no point throwing money they don't have at building cars that don't sell.
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
to me personally it looks like a 40 or maybe 50K car

maybe its just me but it looks like a rival 2 all the Mecades CLs , BMW 3 Series, and maybe the Audi a5 or so. that sort of price range

thinking of 150k plus you wouldnt think of an alfa
If it is was only a £40/50k car, they would have had to sell considerably more and that wouldn't have happened.
AO Platinum Member

The brother of an Italian friend did some research for Alfa and found that there is a bunch of very wealthy customers who will pay a lot of money for the right car, as they apreciate the history of company with Ferrari etc. A visit to the Mille Miglia museum reminds you of the significance of the company. And then there's the everyday cars....
gibot123

Alfa need to start at the top of the range and work back down it all stated with the Fiat group you had Fiat (base) LANCIA (comfort) Alfa (sport) Ferrari (supercar) . What is wrong here ? Well the fact of the history is that Ferrari came from a man who worked for Alfa Romeo when they were the last word in top of the class cars ! Then Ferrari took over the position and alfa never really got back on line ? So as an Alfisti it is nice to see them have a car that should compete directly but as I said you can't make acar in Italy that is better than the competion it's just not on Politics all over again they need to completely separate but this is not economically viable hence the problem.

(Post Link) post #22 of 89 Old 15-06-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa romeo GT

i dont think ive even seen one on the road, but from car shows and the pics ads on autotrader the car looks like a 40 50k car n thats bad

if its going to cost 150k plus then sitting next to a Bentley or Aston it better not look like its worth less than 70
gibot123

I think this thread should be moved to the general diss caution forum so If the powers that be are following maybe they could transfer it for us?...

(Post Link) post #24 of 89 Old 15-06-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa romeo GT

i get what your saying but in my head it makes more sense to start at the bottom and build something u can sell alot of then build something that cost way more and sell a few, i guess finding the right balance is needed

Question: if you guys were in charge what would you do ??
gibot123

I think that you are right in the sense that you need a reliable platform but this comes down to money for development this is a bit of a chicken and egg situation?. A lot of firms like Audi and BMW use their race experience to make the changes a lot of which is paid for by sponsorship. Alfa don't do this any longer and that is a big disadvantage . The problem is if you want an Alfa you want it to be different not the same ? You need to develop a car from the bottom up to make it stand out in the market but cars are about money in this sector not passion!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > General Alfa Discussion

Tags
alfa , game , isit

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page