What am I doing!!!??? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
General Alfa Discussion Strictly Alfa Romeo talk only!

(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 09-10-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: West Midlands
What am I doing!!!???

After years of Alfa ownership (1x 145, 2x GTV's) I finally got rid last year and have enjoyed the reliability and maintenance free ownership of a VW! Slightly Dull but a great car until....

.... for some strange reason after seeing an advert last night for a lovely 166 I gave in and this morning went over to see it and agreed to buy it!

What is it with alfas!? I know its going to cost me a fortune, I know I will be plauged by constant 'airbag' warning lights and faulty central locking etc etc but I still want one!

I must be mad! Please tell me I've done the right thing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: North Yorkshire
I realise you are speaking as you find, but as a diesel mech I've seen expensive repairs on every V.W owned by friends and family, particularly the P.D diesels. They aren't a bad product, but the image is way better than the reality. 2nd hand Alfa Spider gearboxes are cheaper and easier to find than Polo diesel ones!
AO Member

County: Hants

Member car:

GT...Golf GT

Thumbs Up

Hopefully you will be all right!

I was glad to see the back of my first GTV and spent the next five years in a Golf or Focus, both fine reliable cars but lacking in a certain something...

Hence I found myself wanting another (better) GTV recently, all I needed was eBay and a few pints of Fullers ESB to succeed in my quest and a week later I was in a GTV again.

All fine so far, a completely different car from the thing I had before and cost a lot less too with the drop in prices recently.
AO Silver Member

County: Warwickshire
I went into the motor factor I use last week and put my keys on the counter. The guy serving me laughed out loud when he saw them. He said "what is it with Alfa drivers, you just can't leave them alone". Then he went outside to look at the GTV. I somehow don't think we'd have had a ten minute chat about a VW..... Detail auto, thats what you are doing

County: Down

Member car:

156 1.8 Turismo

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Double Six View Post
I went into the motor factor I use last week and put my keys on the counter. The guy serving me laughed out loud when he saw them. He said "what is it with Alfa drivers, you just can't leave them alone". Then he went outside to look at the GTV. I somehow don't think we'd have had a ten minute chat about a VW..... Detail auto, thats what you are doing

County: Greater Manchester

Member car:

Office Chair.

I had a nightmare last night. I sold my Spider for a Volvo 340 soft top (I doubt very much one ever existed). Maybe because as a contractor doing galactic miles in the late 90's I had a 340. It was nice to wake up.

I fortunate enough to also own an F355 but the Alfa is in many ways as good

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Off Topic Section > General Alfa Discussion

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page