Urgent: Gazzella racing... - Page 11 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
General Alfa Discussion Strictly Alfa Romeo talk only!

1Likes

AO Platinum Member

County: West Yorkshire
The guys obviously a complete knob-jockey with a response like that.

Stick to the facts swallow don't let the ***** goad you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club Member
Membro Medio

County: Oxfordshire
Thanks Ghostydog - I won't be goaded. Nor will I stop pestering until I have successfully secured the refund that is owed.

What I would appreciate, rather than an email as detailed above is a telephone conversation but try as I might, it is not forthcoming.
(Post Link) post #253 of 340 Old 18-06-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Cambridgeshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by swallow View Post
Well, glad that one person has had a refund - unfortunately the guy I am chasing a refund for has had no such luck. I have been leaving voicemails for Chris/Lars at Gazzella on a daily basis, requesting a call back - not a squeak.

L111GTV - well done! I don't suppose you took note of that international number he called you from? PM me if you have it...
Hi Swallow and thanks, sorry for late reply, we have been on holiday for past week.
To answer your question; the phone only identified the call as 'international' that's all.

IMHO the threat of copying this thread to his suppliers was the real deal maker.
I suggest they would drop him as a distributor because such trading could damage their reputation, i.e. If his suppliers drop him he has no business.

Finally, he did tell me he had a pseudomym (fake identitiy) on this forum (so he may have many?). I understand that is contrary to the rules of this forum, i.e. suppliers MUST be transparent. This is one for the moderator as he may be able to trace common IP addresses and seek assurance from suspected posts of their true idnetity.

Anyway, 6+ years of trying eventually paid off and he paid up. I am done on this issue now and will sign off this thread as it has already taken up too much of my life.

I wish all the best to those who only seek a fair and equitable settlement and hope that Lars/Chris turns over a new leaf and trades responsibly.

Mutual respects and trust are essential in any business transaction. I do hope Lars/Chris treats his existing and future customers with such i.e. 'we are real people (and not comodities) who can't afford to lose hundreds or thousands of pounds an spend hours and years chasing what is righfully owed'.
AO Gold Member

Member car:

1750 Turbo

He had a fake identity ? Cant imagine who that might be.
Club Member
Membro Medio

Thanks L111GTV - in light of having received no call today and the email received yesterday, contacting suppliers will be the next task.
Club Member
Membro Medio

I'm trying daily on this, however phone is never answered and emails are not responded to

I think I might contact some of the Leeds debt recovery agents to see if they might take this on as just like L111GTV, this has taken up enough of my time already. It really shouldn't be like this, that in order to get back what is owed, one has to be driven mad first.
Club Member
Membro Medio

Just spoken with an agency in Leeds, 150 fee followed by 15% of what they collect, doesn't seem too bad really and will remove me from the equation entirely. Anyone know if that is about right going rate?
Club Member
Membro Medio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freds GTV 2001 View Post
He had a fake identity ? Cant imagine who that might be.
Ref trader(s) anonymously having forum accounts - the interface on the forum has some useful features, especially whereby you are able to see who has been viewing your profile.

Should one for example find a forum member has been poking about in your profile, has recently joined but made no posts, one might be led to think that they have an ulterior motive.....
AO Platinum Member

County: West Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by swallow View Post
Just spoken with an agency in Leeds, 150 fee followed by 15% of what they collect, doesn't seem too bad really and will remove me from the equation entirely. Anyone know if that is about right going rate?
id ask them to wave the upfront fee in exchange for a bigger slice of the pie.
AO Platinum Member

County: Essex
Many do not charge an upfront fee. I find that a bit of a joke.
AO Platinum Member

County: Essex
Swallow, I can probably provide you with the contacts for most suppliers that Gazella use.
Unregistered

County: Devon
Quote:
Originally Posted by L111 GTV View Post
Hi Swallow and thanks, sorry for late reply, we have been on holiday for past week.
To answer your question; the phone only identified the call as 'international' that's all.

IMHO the threat of copying this thread to his suppliers was the real deal maker.
I suggest they would drop him as a distributor because such trading could damage their reputation, i.e. If his suppliers drop him he has no business.

Finally, he did tell me he had a pseudomym (fake identitiy) on this forum (so he may have many?). I understand that is contrary to the rules of this forum, i.e. suppliers MUST be transparent. This is one for the moderator as he may be able to trace common IP addresses and seek assurance from suspected posts of their true idnetity.

Anyway, 6+ years of trying eventually paid off and he paid up. I am done on this issue now and will sign off this thread as it has already taken up too much of my life.

I wish all the best to those who only seek a fair and equitable settlement and hope that Lars/Chris turns over a new leaf and trades responsibly.

Mutual respects and trust are essential in any business transaction. I do hope Lars/Chris treats his existing and future customers with such i.e. 'we are real people (and not comodities) who can't afford to lose hundreds or thousands of pounds an spend hours and years chasing what is righfully owed'.
To Mr. L111 GTV.

I have been wandering back through this sorry thread, and I note that you asked if anyone had Gazzella Racings VAT Reg. number?

Did you ever get it? I wanted to talk about this via PM, but I find I can't do that, because it seems this site want you to "upgrade", I assume that means they want money off me in order for me to communicate via PM

I have the VAT Reg. Number that is printed on the top of my invoice from them if you want it.

I don't know why I am bothering really, after the way that some of the members of this forum have behaved towards me, I must want my bumps felt. Still in the interests of fair play I am willing to do what I can.
rxe
AO Silver Member

County: Berkshire
Their VAT number is 817405340.

They have promised a refund for the last week, even asked for bank details. No refund forthcoming. Letters to HMRC and suppliers start when I have time over the weekend.
Unregistered

County: Devon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxe View Post
Their VAT number is 817405340.

They have promised a refund for the last week, even asked for bank details. No refund forthcoming. Letters to HMRC and suppliers start when I have time over the weekend.

Indeed it is, why didn't you give him the number when he asked for it?
Club Member
Membro Medio

Quote:
Originally Posted by OperationAlfa View Post
Swallow, I can probably provide you with the contacts for most suppliers that Gazella use.
Thanks O A
I will see what the start of next week brings. Obviously a refund is what is wanted though, rather than chewing up my precious time.
Simplest way of getting a refund to me at this stage seems to be debt collection agency - they have the knowledge and the means to do this, whereas in the hands of the average guy, things can get messy.

Simpler even than that is a willing businessman, who is aware of his obligations and has a desire to put a situation right. Albeit after a very long time.

RXE - pm me if you prefer, I am interested to know what communication you have had lately with Gazzella/Lars. I've hit a wall of silence.

County: Cork
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Smiff View Post
Indeed it is, why didn't you give him the number when he asked for it?

L111 GTV (congrats on finally getting your refund btw ) asked for it back sometime in 2013 IIRC

Rxe (hope you manage to get your refund) first posted in this thread a few weeks back, & perhaps like you maybe he didn't read the whole thread
Club Member
Membro Medio

Still no reply to email
Still no reply to voicemail
Still no refund

The difficulty here is being kept totally in the dark. We can only guess as to Gazzella's motivation and thoughts....

Does he care that a customer is now short of 1500 and has been for now a whole year?
Has he any intention at all of refunding this money?
Does he even have the money in the business account to process a refund?

The only thing we do know for sure is that he cares enough about his business reputation to be "upset" about this thread and to threaten me with some kind of legal action but not enough to justify refunding money that is owed or to inform concerned parties what he is doing.
Club Member
Membro Medio

Alas, still nothing new to report
Club Member
Membro Medio

Still nothing other than an email stating he/they will deal with their clients refund directly with him - however he has received no contact either.
Club Member
Membro Medio

Alas, this continues unresolved. No return phone calls, having left messages and of course, no refund.
I have an Italian mate staying next week, which might be a good opportunity to contact some of Gazzella's Italian suppliers on the phone. Will be interesting to hear what they make of this situation - their names being used to fraudulently obtain funds.
If, as it appears, Gazzella's owner is actually in Holland rather than the UK, it will also be interesting to hear what HMRC make of it, given that in this case, as well as the others who have paid but not received goods, it is essentially a front for fraud.
AO Silver Member

County: Aberdeenshire
His servers are hired from a company in America. You could try contacting the server hosts and report him as fraudulant and they could take the site down.

This is the company that owns the server his website is hosted from:

http://www.hardhathosting.com/
Club Member
Membro Medio

Plans are afoot.
Idiotic really as potential customers who do a bit of searching may well think twice.
Why not simply refund, as is due, apologise, as is due, explain oneself, as is due - and then move on.....

Again, due to total lack of communication, one can only guess what is going through the mind of Lars Christian Oestergaard - this doesn't naturally conjure up positive thoughts, other than a total lack of respect for his customers. Unfortunately in this modern world, many people are given the confidence to defraud people, under the mask of the internet - things were in many ways much better when all deals were done face to face.
Club Member
Membro Medio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransoman View Post
His servers are hired from a company in America. You could try contacting the server hosts and report him as fraudulant and they could take the site down.

This is the company that owns the server his website is hosted from:

Hard Hat Hosting – Managed VPS Hosting | Managed Dedicated Servers
Nice idea but unfortunately they are not interested
Club Member
Membro Medio

This is playing on my mind and taking up my time - irritating.
Been doing some digging around tonight - have a Copenhagen address for Gazzella man. Have a friend in Copenhagen, will get him to check it out.
The more I dig the more I find and the more it would appear that he is an out and out fraud.
AO Member

County: Pampanga

Member car:

GTV V6 2.0 TB

Its over a year now that Gazzella and a truckload of promises to deliver and refund my money.... none.

This company should really be banned from trading. Profiteering is ok butbeing a fraud is something. I have high respects for europeans as i have many european friends here in the Philippines. It is just sad to know that i was duped by a british..

I have ordered parts all over the globe from china singapore africa france usa etc etc not one has ever duped me.

We have a different way of dealing with gazzella type companies here in the philippines. Some way i will get to meet this owner....

This is not a threat or warning. This is something i will do. I have already filed a formal complaint in the british embassy here. Hopefully he will surface soon. I have used a senatorial channel to make it more official and a priority.
Lets see what happens... good luck GAZZELLA

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > General Alfa Discussion

Tags
gazzella , racing , urgent

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page